ALICE IN CHAINS THE ACOUSTIC HOUR FRIDAY, AUGUST 31 Eagles Ballroom, Milwaukee

patrickredeyespatrickredeyes Posts: 8,834
edited July 2007 in Other Music
GENERAL PUBLIC SALE STARTS SATURDAY JULY 27 10AM

The Acoustic Hour with Alice in Chains will feature some of the band's most-loved songs unplugged. You won't want to miss their sizzling presentation of megahits like "No Excuses," "Get Born Again," "Heavy Beside You," "Got Me Wrong" and "Down in a Hole."

Just got the email today. Sweet :D
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• The VacantThe Vacant Posts: 271
    So they are going to be breaking out Get Born Again this time around? Maybe I'll have to look into the Camden gig with Velvet Revolver.
  • lalalalaaaaaaaalalalalaaaaaaaa Posts: 2,445
    Yea, "Heavy Beside You" just rocks my nuts off...
  • lowlight10lowlight10 Posts: 619
    GENERAL PUBLIC SALE STARTS SATURDAY JULY 27 10AM
    The Acoustic Hour with Alice in Chains will feature some of the band's most-loved songs unplugged. You won't want to miss their sizzling presentation of megahits like "No Excuses," "Get Born Again," "Heavy Beside You," "Got Me Wrong" and "Down in a Hole."

Just got the email today. Sweet :D

its a great time to be in the Chicago/Milwaukee area, isnt it?

very fortunate.
    -

"In your case, I'll check my brain at the door and we'll start even, okay?"

Have you thanked a taper today?
  • Does anyone happen to have a HQ mp3 or FLAC of their performance with Gretchen Wilson from VH1? I heard there was a FLAC version going around, but I couldn't find it on any torrent site or otherwise.
  • MLC2006MLC2006 Posts: 861
    the last time they toured, they did about 5-6 song acoustic set in the middle of the show anyway. I think I'd probably pass on this one. I like the acoustic stuff, but I like the heavy stuff mixed in with it. and I like "Got Me Wrong" a lot better with an electric lead in it, the way it was recorded.

anybody know what the status of their recording is? are they doing an album or what? I heard they went into a studio a month or 2 ago and now they're going on tour again? are they doing an album or what?
  • patrickredeyespatrickredeyes Posts: 8,834
    lowlight10 wrote:
    its a great time to be in the Chicago/Milwaukee area, isnt it?

very fortunate.

It sure is. :D

For now it's dam good to be living in the midwest. :)
  • reeferchiefreeferchief Posts: 3,569
    "Heavy Beside You,"

Oh man, lmao what a great parody that could turn out to be, I'm gonna get writing.:)
    Can not be arsed with life no more.
  • Duder5kDuder5k Posts: 278
    "Heavy Beside You" sounds like it would make an awesome Weird Al Yankovic song. Anyway, suprising they're doing Get Born Again at all, let alone an acoustic version. Maybe they'll do other lesser or never played tracks, like Shame In You or something. I hope this show gets recorded and goes into circulation..
    Pat, did you get tickets? that website sucked!
    -

• allornoneallornone Posts: 269
    MLC2006 wrote:
    I think I'd probably pass on this one. I like the acoustic stuff, but I like the heavy stuff mixed in with it. and I like "Got Me Wrong" a lot better with an electric lead in it, the way it was recorded.

I totally agree. They are coming to St. Louis as well on Sept. 1st, but I'd much rather see them with the "heavy stuff" as well. That was the best part of the show that I saw of theirs in 1993.
  • allornoneallornone Posts: 269
    Another thought - what's up with acoustic hour? One hour? I'm sorry, but I would want a little bit more than an hour for my dollar.

Compare that to Chris Cornell, who played for almost three hours, and the price of the ticket was cheaper. He also played acoustic as well, and to me, that is a better value.
    allornone wrote:
    Another thought - what's up with acoustic hour? One hour? I'm sorry, but I would want a little bit more than an hour for my dollar.

considering that its $54 a ticket, i would guess that it will be more than an hour.

does "happy hour" ever last one hour? :)
    -

• Foxy MopFoxy Mop Posts: 2,823
    Tickets are onsale tomorrow morning, 10am, right?

Ticketmaster won't let me do anything right now. I've had it with tickets today!
    Wishlist Foundation

This is my kind of love...
    ♥♥♥
  • Anybody going tonight?

Not sure what time I'm working until but hope to make it down for the show.