Will boybands make a comeback?

mookeywrenchmookeywrench Posts: 5,870
edited October 2007 in Other Music
NKOTB fizzled out in 1993 and NSync, backstreet, etc. showed up in 1998 only to fizzle out in 2003.

2008 is the same gap of time between nkotb and nsync...will we see a return?

Thoughts and opinions?
350x700px-LL-d2f49cb4_vinyl-needle-scu-e1356666258495.jpeg
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• tybirdtybird Posts: 17,388
    Everything goes in cycles...........so, yes, they will return....there will always be girls between 7-13 needing some entertainment.
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • pjoasisrulepjoasisrule Posts: 3,412
    Fall Out Boy, My Chemical Romance, Red Jumpsuit Apparatus, etc. are the boy bands of today
    Alpine Valley 2000
    Summerfest 2006

"Why would they come to our concert just to boo us?" -Lisa Simpson
  • anothercloneanotherclone Posts: 1,688
    They probably will. About the time my daughter becomes interested. Yuck. I will do my absolute best to shield her from this crap.
  • Oh they fucking will
    "If my thoughts, dreams, could be seen, they'd probably put my head, in a guillotine, but it's alright ma, it's life and life only."
  • chris01chris01 Posts: 559
    Boy bands never left, they just know how to play drums and guitar now (badly).
  • hguz73hguz73 Posts: 245
    Soon via internet downloads
  • Oh god I hope so! OMG when they do, I can finally get all of my posters out of my closet!!! OMG OMG OMG!!!!
    *end sarcasm*

:rolleyes:
    IF YOU WANT A PLATE OF MY BEEF SWELLINGTON, YOU'RE GOING TO HAVE TO PAY THE COVERCHARGE.
  • spnkrispnkri Posts: 137
    Fall Out Boy, My Chemical Romance, Red Jumpsuit Apparatus, etc. are the boy bands of today

Don't forget about Maroon 5. Well, actually, yes, please do.
  • I fucking hope not
    4/23/03 - Champaign, IL
    5/16/06 - Chicago, IL
    8/23/09 - Chicago, IL
    5/4/10 - St Louis, MO

...tickle my nausea...
  • even flow?even flow? Posts: 8,066
    tybird wrote:
    Everything goes in cycles...........so, yes, they will return....there will always be girls between 7-13 needing some entertainment.

Exactly! As long as there are teenagers in general, there will always be a boy or girl bad here and there to keep them buying the mags and albums.
    You've changed your place in this world!
  • Oh, JimmyOh, Jimmy Posts: 957
    About all the boy bands with guitar comments............. Does anybody else think it's strange that a former American Idol contestant(Kelly Clarkson) has more musical integrity than those, and I use this term loosely, rock bands?

How anyone can think Nickelback or FalloutBoy kicks ass, is far removed from my train of thought.
  • chris01chris01 Posts: 559
    Oh, Jimmy wrote:
    Does anybody else think it's strange that a former American Idol contestant(Kelly Clarkson) has more musical integrity than those, and I use this term loosely, rock bands?

Yeah she does an all.

I remember seeing (actually i think it was linked from this forum) a clip on youtube when Avril Lavigne won an mtv award, Kelly was presenting it to her and when she went up to collect it she pushed Kelly out of the way cause she was the 'cool' punk kid.

Now she's got that 'oh mickey you're so fine' rip off song out lookin like a movie star.

... you gotta laugh (AT her).
  • glasshouseglasshouse Posts: 1,762
    honestly, who throws another man with a shoe?
    Athens, Greece: 2006/09/30

"Call me Ishmael. Some years ago- never mind how long precisely- having little or no money in my purse, and nothing particular to interest me on shore, I thought I would sail about a little and see the watery part of the world." Herman Melville : Moby Dick
  • Fall Out Boy, My Chemical Romance, Red Jumpsuit Apparatus, etc. are the boy bands of today
    pjoasis delivers the lulz once again.
  • I'm disturbed of your knowledge of boyband history.
    "It's all happening"