I just went to the loudest show of my life this weekend

mookeywrenchmookeywrench Posts: 5,870
edited October 2007 in Other Music
Boris w/ Michio Kurihara @ Chop Suey in Seattle...

Amazing preformance, they played with huge amplifiers on their stacks, our drinks were vibrating on the countertops, and i could literally feel my insides rumbling during 'farewell'.

I've never felt noise so loud that it actually took my breath away, i felt like i was on a rollercoaster

Definitely one of my top shows of all time.

The sounds and tones that come out of Michio's guitar are breathtaking,
350x700px-LL-d2f49cb4_vinyl-needle-scu-e1356666258495.jpeg
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Oh, JimmyOh, Jimmy Posts: 957
    AC/DC was loud as a fuck, but Slash's Snakepit, who opened, were louder.

BLS was excessively loud too, and it was crammed into a small space.
  • glasshouseglasshouse Posts: 1,762
    check out dinosaur jr. live. just don't forget to bring along serious ear plugs
    Athens, Greece: 2006/09/30

"Call me Ishmael. Some years ago- never mind how long precisely- having little or no money in my purse, and nothing particular to interest me on shore, I thought I would sail about a little and see the watery part of the world." Herman Melville : Moby Dick
  • Jeremy1012Jeremy1012 Posts: 7,170
    glasshouse wrote:
    check out dinosaur jr. live. just don't forget to bring along serious ear plugs
    hah yeah. I had no earplugs and was near the front. pretty loud stuff.
    "I remember one night at Muzdalifa with nothing but the sky overhead, I lay awake amid sleeping Muslim brothers and I learned that pilgrims from every land — every colour, and class, and rank; high officials and the beggar alike — all snored in the same language"
  • TrailerTrailer Posts: 1,431
    Boris w/ Michio Kurihara @ Chop Suey in Seattle...

Amazing preformance, they played with huge amplifiers on their stacks, our drinks were vibrating on the countertops, and i could literally feel my insides rumbling during 'farewell'.

I've never felt noise so loud that it actually took my breath away, i felt like i was on a rollercoaster

Definitely one of my top shows of all time.

The sounds and tones that come out of Michio's guitar are breathtaking,

I'm sure it was loud, but I don't know if it would compare to Deftones/ White Zombie/ Pantera..

White Zombie were firing off canons in their set, and then Pantera somehow managed to be even louder than that. On the drive home we couldn't have the A/C on because the noise of it coming through the vents hurt our ears!!! I woke up the next day with my ears still ringing
    Whoa, chill bro... you know you can't raise your voice like that when the lion's here.
  • HermanBloomHermanBloom Posts: 1,764
    The Melvins were loud as shit in 93 when they opened for Nirvana and again when they opened for Tool in 98
    SLC 11/2/95, Park City 6/21/98, Boise 11/3/00, Seattle 12/9/02, Vancouver 5/30/03, Gorge 9/1/05, Vancouver 9/2/05, Gorge 7/22/06, Gorge 7/23/06, Camden I 6/19/08, MSG I 6/24/08, MSG II 6/25/08, Hartford 6/27/08, Mansfield II 6/30/08; Eddie Albany 6/8/09, 6/9/09; Philly 10/30/09, 10/31/09; Boston 5/17/10
    I thought the world...Turns out the world thought me
  • Todd76Todd76 Posts: 1,469
    loudest band on the face of the earth.......Mogwai

(i've seen them live several times and it's insane)

runners up (in my experience):
    Dinosaur Jr
    Sugar
    Fantomas
    In my world everyone is a pony,
    and they all eat rainbows and pooh butterflies!
  • CosmoCosmo Posts: 12,225
    The Who were known to play extremely loud... the good thing was... they played in Stadiums or sports arenas.
    The loudest band I ever heard was 'UFO' out at the old Swing Auditorium in San Bernardino. I'm sure that where part of my ear damage came from. Well, that... and standing in front of the stack at a 'Mott The Hoople/Queen' gig at the Palladium.
    Allen Fieldhouse, home of the 2008 NCAA men's Basketball Champions! Go Jayhawks!
    Hail, Hail!!!
  • JaneNYJaneNY Posts: 4,438
    Cosmo wrote:
    The Who were known to play extremely loud... the good thing was... they played in Stadiums or sports arenas.

Yes and do you know Pete Townshend wears a hearing aid now?

Seriously people, wear ear plugs. I got to a lot of shows and I want to be listening to music forever. I already have some tinnitus and I don't want anymore so I wear earplugs. There's a kind called etymotic I think that are quite good. Even if you wear them, you'll still feel the sound in your body so you won't lose that effect! (NIN's probably the loudest I've been to I think)
    R.i.p. Rigoberto Alpizar.
    R.i.p. My Dad - May 28, 2007
    R.i.p. Black Tail (cat) - Sept. 20, 2008
  • OdinOdin Posts: 599
    Akimbo blows everyone away, even Dinosaur Jr. and Melvins, in the loudness department. They rock.