Options

who was a good music fan this tuesday and bought Ladyhawk s/t?

mookeywrenchmookeywrench Posts: 5,822
edited June 2006 in Other Music
Awesome album....perfect length 10 songs 39 minutes not an ounce of filler.

sounds like Black Mountain crossed with Frog Eyes with a subtle neil Young sprinkled through out and yet carrying a style all their own to create a solid rock album that takes you back to the late 60's early 70's when artist's were artist's and not product. All the songs are different from one another and keep you listening from start to finish. AND these guys rock...without sounding like a black sabbath cover band..ahem...Wolfm...ahh nevermind.

do yourself a favor and buy the album.
350x700px-LL-d2f49cb4_vinyl-needle-scu-e1356666258495.jpeg
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    karma defectkarma defect Posts: 5,483
    Awesome album....perfect length 10 songs 39 minutes not an ounce of filler.

sounds like Black Mountain crossed with Frog Eyes with a subtle neil Young sprinkled through out and yet carrying a style all their own to create a solid rock album that takes you back to the late 60's early 70's when artist's were artist's and not product. All the songs are different from one another and keep you listening from start to finish. AND these guys rock...without sounding like a black sabbath cover band..ahem...Wolfm...ahh nevermind.

do yourself a favor and buy the album.

It sounds interesting. But I don't think albums that are 39 minutes are the perfect length. Why stop at 39 if you can have a whole 60 minutes or more.:D
    « One man's glory is another man's hell.
    You’re on the outside, never bound by such a spell.
    Together in the darkness, alone in the light.
    I took it upon me to be yours, Timmy,
    I’ll lead your angels and demons at play tonight......»
  • Options
    It sounds interesting. But I don't think albums that are 39 minutes are the perfect length. Why stop at 39 if you can have a whole 60 minutes or more.:D

it turns editing into a more necessary job on an album when it gets printed to vinyl and can only hold about 43 minutes max.

makes the live shows a lot more exciting when they extend the songs with jams not heard on the album.

Cuts out on filler

holds one's attention span.

holds the album together better and makes it sound more complete through its continuity. A musician who goes on for 60 minutes have a tendancy to cover too many area's of their at once so they dont sound like they're all over the map.

prevents the "sophomore slump" since they still have more well thought out, non-rushed material for their next album.

gives the opportunity to sell more singles by releasing b-sides.

when the album is 8.99....its worth the buy.
  • Options
    karma defectkarma defect Posts: 5,483
    it turns editing into a more necessary job on an album when it gets printed to vinyl and can only hold about 43 minutes max.

makes the live shows a lot more exciting when they extend the songs with jams not heard on the album.

Cuts out on filler

holds one's attention span.

holds the album together better and makes it sound more complete through its continuity. A musician who goes on for 60 minutes have a tendancy to cover too many area's of their at once so they dont sound like they're all over the map.

prevents the "sophomore slump" since they still have more well thought out, non-rushed material for their next album.

gives the opportunity to sell more singles by releasing b-sides.

when the album is 8.99....its worth the buy.

You clearly never heard Motorpsycho before. They turn a 13 minute song into a 50 minute song at a gig. I guess you wouldn't really like Motorpsycho with what you descibed. But I like that sort of rich music that goes into different directions. But I like what you said about the other band as well so I will chech them out.
    « One man's glory is another man's hell.
    You’re on the outside, never bound by such a spell.
    Together in the darkness, alone in the light.
    I took it upon me to be yours, Timmy,
    I’ll lead your angels and demons at play tonight......»
  • Options
    i would be annoyed if i had to listen to a 50 minute song, unless it was the velvet underground, devoting half of a concert to one song is not worth the money paid to get in.