Options

anti-flag anyone?

spatspat Posts: 644
edited March 2006 in Other Music
i have all their earlier albums, and just picked up the new one, and it was surprisingly easier to digest the first listen...sounds like they have some more melody to alot of their songs with some reggae/ska vibes, or maybe its just poppier, kinda reminded me of sum 41, which isnt really an upgrade or downgrade, just different for them... but theyre still putting out the same message as always! the next time someone complains pearl jam should drop the political gig i should give them one of anti-flags albums. sheesh.
My favorite Pearl Jam song: "Corporate Greed Boat Asshole Behind a Counter in the Oval Office"
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    oppie1oppie1 Posts: 755
    I saw them open up for Rage Against the Machine back in 99...wasnt too thrilled with them, so i never gave them another chance
    BoyHitsCar Masked Street Team
    www.lovecorealliance.com

Upcoming boyhitscar concerts:
    11/7/07 - Allentown Pa
    11/11/07 - Hartford Ct

www.myspace.com/briankutys
  • Options
    i just saw them last night. dont have the new album, but they sure put on an awesome show.
  • Options
    i'd love to see them live. i'd imagine hearing them for the first time in a live setting might throw you off a little, but once you know songs like DIE FOR YOUR GOVERNMENT...man...nothing but good times :D
    My favorite Pearl Jam song: "Corporate Greed Boat Asshole Behind a Counter in the Oval Office"
  • Options
    catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    i saw anti flag last year. anyone who smacks me in the head like that and doesn't namby pamby their lyrics is alright by me. i saw them with the lawrence arms.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Options
    i haven't picked up the new album yet but these guys are awesome. i was pretty astonished when they decided to sign to a major but as long as the music still makes me think and dance it's all good. :) i have seen them three times and they always put on a terrific show!
    www.riseagainst.com

Only thunder gives me rest.
  • Options
    marge! :D i thought of you when i made this post and figured you'd show yourself eventually haha