The crap that is the new G. Love album

spatspat Posts: 644
edited January 2007 in Other Music
I love G. Love and the sauce. I have all their previous albums so my eyes and ears perked up when i got an email from itunes saying they got an advanced copy of the new album. I went over to have a listen and couldn't believe my ears! what the hell is he thinking?? first of all its just him and a guitar, which shouldn't be all that bad, but a few of the songs are old songs just redone BADLY and the rest all have the same sound. come on man. i have no way of knowing but its like he just trying to fulfill his record contract and put out a shit album.
My favorite Pearl Jam song: "Corporate Greed Boat Asshole Behind a Counter in the Oval Office"
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• ballbagballbag Posts: 69
    lemonade?

or is there a new one?
  • spatspat Posts: 644
    no lemonade was decent, the new one is call "oh yea"
    My favorite Pearl Jam song: "Corporate Greed Boat Asshole Behind a Counter in the Oval Office"
  • ledveddermanledvedderman Posts: 7,761
    Lemonade just came out like 4 months ago right? I thought it was an okay album, but nothing special.
    are you sure it's new?

their first album was titled 'oh yeah'...

Oh Yeah
    This is G. Love’s first record which was recorded in 1992. It is a completely solo acoustic album and contains original versions of classics off of the self-titled album including “Shootin Hoops,” “Rhyme for the Summertime” and "Sauce."

Track Listing:
    1. Sauce
    2. What's Goin On
    3. Writing On The Walls
    4. Girls At The Laundromat
    5. Run For Me
    6. Mother
    7. Rhyme For The Summertime
    8. Leaving The City
    9. The Fat One
    10. Shootin Hoops
  • spatspat Posts: 644
    oh ok ya know i'm just looking at all the reviews on itunes now, itunes hyped it as a new album but i didn't know it's really actually demos from 1992. the first album i got was the self titled one they put out i think it was in 1994 with baby's got sauce, this ain't living, cold beverage... you know the one.
    spat wrote:
    oh ok ya know i'm just looking at all the reviews on itunes now, itunes hyped it as a new album but i didn't know it's really actually demos from 1992. the first album i got was the self titled one they put out i think it was in 1994 with baby's got sauce, this ain't living, cold beverage... you know the one.

yeah, their self titled album, yeah it's that easy, electric mile, and the hustle are my favorites.