Rancid concert downloads

spatspat Posts: 644
edited December 2006 in Other Music
I'm a huuuuuge fan of rancid, but for one reason or another i've never been to one of their shows. they have a similar downloading program like pearl jam's from their website and i was wondering if anyone has downloaded any shows and can comment on how they sound? i've seen and heard a few live performances here and there so i know they are GOOD, but as far as quality goes? any favorite shows? thanks in advance!
My favorite Pearl Jam song: "Corporate Greed Boat Asshole Behind a Counter in the Oval Office"
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• transplanttransplant Posts: 1,088
    Damn, I thought I was a huge Rancid fan, didn't know they had that download program. I'll go get one today. I'll let you know either way how it sounds.
  • spatspat Posts: 644
    yea man, i didn't know either until i subscribed to their myspace page and started looking around their sites.
    My favorite Pearl Jam song: "Corporate Greed Boat Asshole Behind a Counter in the Oval Office"
  • MCGMCG Posts: 780
    Since when does Rancid do this? I'm excited to hear the verdict!
    Which came first,
    the bad idea or me befallen by it?
  • you guys talkin about rancid radio?
    www.myspace.com/olafvonmastadon
  • Seeing this post reminded me (again) of how awesome Lollapalooza '96 was. I always think of the obvious bands first: Metallica just before they started sucking balls, one of the last Ramones shows, one of the last Soundgarden shows. It's easy to forget that Rancid were there too. I would say they're one of those bands whom I like a lot, but for some reason I pretty much forgot I've seen them live. Good show too, great energy... I haven't answered your question, just thought I'd chime in as a token of thanks for helping me remember a good show.
    "We've done really well with teenage death songs." -EV
  • I'm going to see them this Sunday for the 2nd time at the Kool Haus in Toronto... awsome live band. A friend actually backed out on me tonite for 2 of my tickets (damn bitch lol), so if anybody is interested in going to the show this sunday i may be able to hook you up with some tickets. Depends on if any of my other friends wanna come, but none of them are really into punk bands at all... Oh, and Hostage Life is opening which should be pretty kick ass 2.
    By the way, don't know if you guys know about this, but Tim is actually doing a solo project right now that he is giving away for free downloads online. Only 2 tracks have come up so far (Wake Up and Hold On) but both are awsome. Check em out on their myspace page.
    "I'll ride the wave where it takes me"
    09/19/05, 05/09/06, 05/10/06
    Ok, I picked up the Boston boot. Sound quality is pretty darn good. The vocals are damn near perfect, the guitar needs a little bump.

It sucks when your favorite Rancid disc is Life Won't Wait. they have never hit off it much live and I have never understood it.

They do play Op Ivy on this one (first time for Unity they say). The 4 some of Unity, Maxwell Murder, Antennas, and Something in the World today is awesome and showcases their catalog nicely. Also cool to see Bragg's To Have and Have Not appear in their set. Lars does a great cover of this on his first Bastards disc. Nice extended bass solo on Maxwell Murder.

If anyone else gets any of these and wants to trade em up, let me know.
    awesome, i'll definitly be getting a couple shows. i was looking over the sets and i want to get some where they cover the op ivy tunes, i think i saw sound system in one of them. thanks for your input!
  • MCGMCG Posts: 780
    How much are they?
    Which came first,
    the bad idea or me befallen by it?
    9.99 mp3 or 12.99 flac
    i just downloaded the nyc show from 8-25 and columbus from 9-7. they sound great! really sweet acoustic versions of fall back down and of course its great to hear those old op ivy songs
  • I'm so glad that you posted this. I was wondering how the quality of these downloads are too. Unfortunately, they started putting them up AFTER I saw them in New Orleans... dangit! I may get another show for grins anyways. Absolutely amazing show I must say. I may have to shell out some bucks and get one.

9/17/95-New Orleans,LA 8/14/00-New Orleans,LA 4/8/03-New Orleans,LA 4/13/03-Tampa,FL 10/8/04-Kissimmee,FL 8/5/07-Chicago,IL 6/16/08-Columbia,SC 6/23/09-(EV Solo)Atlanta,GA 5/1/10-New Orleans,LA 9/21/12-Pensacola,FL 11/1/13-New Orleans,LA 4/11/16-Tampa,FL  4/23/16-New Orleans,LA

spat wrote:
    really sweet acoustic versions of fall back down
    I gotta admit, I was taken back when I heard that. I just can't picture either one of them playing an acoustic. Not to say it wasn't sweet, just unexpected.
    transplant wrote:
    I gotta admit, I was taken back when I heard that. I just can't picture either one of them playing an acoustic. Not to say it wasn't sweet, just unexpected.

if you liked that you'll love these. http://www.rancidrancid.com/videos.htm
    the crowd singing along puts a huge grin on my face everytime i listen! i converted them to mp3's if you want i can send you them
  • Yeah, Fall Back Down acoustic was AMAZING when I saw them. Definately the highlight for me. Sad to see that Brett Reed left the band a month or 2 ago. I heard the ex-Used drummer excited to be playing with Rancid though.

9/17/95-New Orleans,LA 8/14/00-New Orleans,LA 4/8/03-New Orleans,LA 4/13/03-Tampa,FL 10/8/04-Kissimmee,FL 8/5/07-Chicago,IL 6/16/08-Columbia,SC 6/23/09-(EV Solo)Atlanta,GA 5/1/10-New Orleans,LA 9/21/12-Pensacola,FL 11/1/13-New Orleans,LA 4/11/16-Tampa,FL  4/23/16-New Orleans,LA

• Pearl JuliPearl Juli Posts: 1,213
    I saw them last July at a small club called Revolution, in Fort Lauderdale. They were great, they rocked, and I was right next to the stage. It was the coolest. I think I'll go check out those recordings now...
    MISSION ACCOMPLISHED: 2008-06-11

♪ Juli ♪