OLd movie: Rattle and Hum

justamjustam Posts: 21,408
edited April 2008 in Other Music
I finally saw this tonight. It was good.

It has a concert in SF I remember. (It was a big deal when Bono spray-painted that sculpture.)
&&&&&&&&&&&&&&
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• itsevobabyitsevobaby Posts: 1,809
    i'm not so much of a U2 fan these days but rattle & hum is a great movie, haven't seen it for years but been feeling the need lately. love the bit where they go to graceland, they all seem so humbled. i still haven't found what i'm looking for in the church is amazing too, actually, there's so many good bits

"it's a musical journey" :D:p
    Look Alive,
    See These Bones
  • I know I'm getting ancient, when I see "Rattle and Hum" described as an old movie. :eek:

:D
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    I know I'm getting ancient, when I see "Rattle and Hum" described as an old movie. :eek:

so it wasn't just me......:o

sunday bloody sunday is great.....:)
  • PoncierPoncier Posts: 16,710
    Anyone else see it in the theater when it was released?
    (I guess that makes me old)
    This weekend we rock Portland
  • Poncier wrote:

Yep.
  • JeanieJeanie Posts: 9,446
    Thanks for the reminder am. :)

I've got that here and a whole bunch of other U2 dvd's I got on sale a few months back and I've been meaning to watch them all again! :)
    NOPE!!!

*~You're IT Bert!~*

Hold on to the thread
    The currents will shift
  • justamjustam Posts: 21,408
    I know I'm getting ancient, when I see "Rattle and Hum" described as an old movie. :eek:

I felt old when I saw that footage from SF. ;)
    &&&&&&&&&&&&&&
  • AllNiteThingAllNiteThing Posts: 1,114
    On tv right now....really good stuff. Never seen it. I LOVE U2!
    24 years old, mid-life crisis
    nowadays hits you when you're young
  • g under pg under p Posts: 18,184
    Poncier wrote:

I saw it in the theatre and it was great. Loved the black and white footage and that movie did come out in the 90's right!

Peace
    *We CAN bomb the World to pieces, but we CAN'T bomb it into PEACE*...Michael Franti

*MUSIC IS the expression of EMOTION.....and that POLITICS IS merely the DECOY of PERCEPTION*
    .....song_Music & Politics....Michael Franti

*The scientists of today think deeply instead of clearly. One must be sane to think clearly, but one can think deeply and be quite INSANE*....Nikola Tesla(a man who shaped our world of electricity with his futuristic inventions)

• r1versr1vers Posts: 244
    really wish i was old enough to have been able to see this in a theatre. that version of with or without you alone would have made it worthwhile. that is seriously like jones beach tb2k "daughter/it's ok" ...just one of those perfect moments that thank god happened to be captured on film. not to mention that version of exit which is so dark & powerful...where the streets sounds even better than the album version on there too. and of course sbs which is the best version of that song ever performed
    "Last time I think we played that song here was like, a long time ago, and there was a bonfire in the back and people were like throwing each other into it...very exciting days but a huge fucking relief that that's not how it is tonight..." Ed Irvine Night 1 2003, after Deep