Options

Jam Bands

2»

Comments

• Options
    BinFrogBinFrog MA Posts: 7,292
    cccrank wrote:
    Agreed. Billy Breathes is a pretty solid album to listen to, but if you're going for the Phish sound, those other ones are definitely the right places to look. I really love Story of the Ghost too.

And lets not forget that although the studio albums have some great stuff on them, it's the live material you need to hear to appreciate them.
    Bright eyed kid: "Wow Typo Man, you're the best!"
    Typo Man: "Thanks kidz, but remembir, stay in skool!"
  • Options
    merkinballmerkinball Posts: 2,262
    BinFrog wrote:
    And lets not forget that although the studio albums have some great stuff on them, it's the live material you need to hear to appreciate them.

We can agree on that! I just feel that way about the Dead.

At least Phish never had something like the Deads 'Go To Heaven'. If you look for the album cover, you'll know how bad the production is on this one.
    "You're no help," he told the lime. This was unfair. It was only a lime; there was nothing special about it at all. It was doing the best it could.

http://www.last.fm/user/merkinball/
    spotify:user:merkinball
  • Options
    Pearl Jam is definately not a jam band. The only one I can listen to is Umphrey's McGee. I've seen them live 3 or 4 times and they are amazing.
    Are you too good to tango with the poor poor boys?
  • Options
    Bob WeirBob Weir Posts: 850
    Max Creek......and no they are not a Grateful Dead cover band. The vocals are not there strong point but the improv/jammimg is amazing.
    I need a fix 'cause I'm going down
  • Options
    lockedlocked Boston Posts: 4,004
    imspinnin wrote:
    Ha ha..Allman Bro's #1...all the way, God I saw them a couple of years ago, I swear they f*ckin' played 4 songs in 2 hours!!! I remember a thousand drum solos...ugh!!!

LMAO!

First time I saw them (1982?) , they opened with "Jessica" which (to the uninformed) is a instrumental...
    I was pretty stoned and after about 15 minutes of this jam , I tunred to my buddy and said, "so when the heck are they gonna start singing the song?"

in my stoned mind I thought it was the most grandiose build up / introdiction to the opening lyrics I had aver heard...

Thank God he gave me a heads up when they broke into "In Memory of Elizabet Read"...
    Gave me time to take a college course or two and come back to watch the rest of the show..."

:)
    "This here's a REQUEST!"
    EV intro to Chloe Dancer / Crown of Thorns
    10/25/13 Hartford
  • Options
    Do the Evolution69Do the Evolution69 BOSTON Posts: 223
    you can find some heady PHiSH raging tunes in this thread...

http://forums.pearljam.com/showthread.php?t=158995

PHiSH owns your phace...
    Live Music Epiphanies - "I can feel your heart in your neck..."
    '98 Great Woods 1 (9/15/98)
    '00 Great Woods 1 (8/29/00)
    '03 Great Woods 1, 2 & 3 (7/2/03, 7/3/03, *7/11/03*)
    '04 Boston Garden 1 & 2 (9/28/04, 9/29/04)
    '06 Boston Garden 1 & 2 (5/24/06, 5/25/06)
    '08 Great Woods 1 & 2 (6/28/08, 6/30/08)
    '10 Boston Garden (5/17/10)
    '13 Wooostahhh 1 & 2 (10/15/13, 10/16/13)
    '16 MSG 1 & Fenway 1 & 2
    '18 Fenway 2