The Raconteurs

offhegoes24offhegoes24 Posts: 16
edited October 2006 in Other Music
So I knew who these guys were a couple of months ago when they released their album, and I liked the first single. I saw them on Sunday night with Dr. Dog at the House of Blues in AC. Incredible show, so much energy and they just put on a fantasic live performance. Dr. Dog (a philly band) was also awesome. I went out and bought the Raconteurs disc on Monday and I can't stop listening to it. Catchy lyrics and riffs its just an amazing album. Any thoughts?
"Alcoholism is a disease. But it's, like, the only disease you can get yelled at for havin'. Damnit, Otto! You're an alcoholic! Damnit, Otto, you have LUPUS!"
Mitch Hedberg (RIP)
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• I have their album. It's pretty good
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden, 2024Philly 2

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com
  • 3sheets3sheets Posts: 284
    they were electric live in Orlando. had a nice triumvirate of Store Bought Bones/My Baby Shot Me Down/Broken Boy Soldier.
    Live Free or Die!
  • parel jamparel jam Posts: 7,223
    I've seen them at the Lowlands festival in the Netherlands a couple of weeks ago - they were good...like you said - really catchy riffs...

That N. Sinatra cover was really good!!
    ♪♫♪♫♫

http://youtube.com/watch?v=U_-WGNRyRzU

♪♫♪♫♫
  • mulva9mulva9 Posts: 417
    Saw them last night in Providence. Unbelievable live show. I always love bands who have two lead vocalists.

Also loud as hell. My ears are still ringing. I need to invest in some ear plugs.
  • I wanted to love them!! ..but i don't
    Wish Jackie was working on new Stripes stuff
  • moster78moster78 Posts: 1,591
    I saw them Tuesday in NYC at Roseland and they put on one hell of a show. I didn't care for the opener too much, but I thought the Raconteurs rocked. TOns of energy, and crazy loud. Good stuff all around.
  • I found the cd very disappointing. There are only a few decent tracks...nothing outstanding. The music is run of the mill and the lyrics are sometimes putrid..."I got rabbit and it likes to hop/I got a girl and she likes to shop."

Enough said.
    "This is another sing-a-long." - Eddie Vedder before singing Lukin live at Madison Square Garden.
  • It took me awhile to warm up to it. But I like it now. I was expecting a fuller sounding White Stripes. But I am happy that Jack can go in a different direction.
    If there were no Angels would there be no sin?
  • yeah, they are rad - though i think their album almost hurts them because those songs are all so much better live.

"levels" is a good one.
  • I found it was very similar to Ambulance LTD's debut, except it wasn't as good.
    I share a cigarette with negativity.
  • yeah, they are rad - though i think their album almost hurts them because those songs are all so much better live.

"levels" is a good one.

agreed...so much louder and so much better
    "Alcoholism is a disease. But it's, like, the only disease you can get yelled at for havin'. Damnit, Otto! You're an alcoholic! Damnit, Otto, you have LUPUS!"
    Mitch Hedberg (RIP)