So my son left his Flogging Molly CD in my car...

LizardLizard Posts: 12,091
edited January 2008 in Other Music
and i rather liked it. Don't know the name of the 3 songs I heard but I am pretty sure the name of the album is Swagger.

Anyone else like them?
So I'll just lie down and wait for the dream
Where I'm not ugly and you're lookin' at me
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• they are AMAZING live!
  • JaneNYJaneNY Posts: 4,438
    Hell yeah. Fun band. Saw them at warped last summer. GREAT live act. People had a circle pit going.
    R.i.p. Rigoberto Alpizar.
    R.i.p. My Dad - May 28, 2007
    R.i.p. Black Tail (cat) - Sept. 20, 2008
  • They have a new one coming out soon. Tell your son to get em' all. It's worth it.
    He probably has the Dropkick Murphys, check them out too.
  • Flogging Molly is good stuff man.
    "Darth Vader would say 'Impressive'."

-Eddie Vedder

6/24/06 Cincinatti, Ohio
    6/14/08 Manchester, Tennessee
  • rcsrcs Posts: 711
    Back in 2004 I was in Vegas and for the hell of it I felt like going to a concert. Flogging Molly happened to be playing at the HOB so I decided to go. The opening band almost drove me out of the place (Throw Rag... blah.) but I stuck it out and waited for Flogging Molly. I am so glad I did cause they blew the roof off! I was completely stunned by the music and the energy! Fucking great show and I've been hooked ever since.
    E agora? Faz xixi na mão e deita fora!
  • spatspat Posts: 644
    i have the album drunken lullabies and love it!
    favorite songs: drunken lullabies, if i ever leave this world alive, and whats left of the flag
    My favorite Pearl Jam song: "Corporate Greed Boat Asshole Behind a Counter in the Oval Office"
  • love Flogging Molly!
  • brain of cbrain of c Posts: 5,213
    MrSmith wrote:
    love Flogging Molly!

i flogged her first.
  • Great stuff!
    Drunken Lullabies!

and um Dropkick murphy is decent too!

softer, yet with something KINDA like them (only nothing like them) try
    Carbon Leaf.

great band!
    IF YOU WANT A PLATE OF MY BEEF SWELLINGTON, YOU'RE GOING TO HAVE TO PAY THE COVERCHARGE.
  • PJSerfPJSerf Posts: 637
    Definitely a big fan. Going to see them at the HOB in Atlantic City on Feb. 29th. Good music, gambling, and booze, should make for a good weekend.
    "If you love someone, set them free... if someone loves you, don't fuck up" - EV
  • stargirl69stargirl69 Posts: 6,387
    My niece played me flogging molly.I thought they were fab.
    “There should be a place where only the things you want to happen, happen”
  • Abner11Abner11 Posts: 67
    I'm a big Flogging Molly fan. The first time I saw them, they and the Dropkick Murphys opened for the Mighty Mighty Bosstones. That was one kick-ass show.
    10/96 Hartford, 9/98 Hartford, 7/03 Mansfield I, 9/04 Boston I, 5/06 Boston I (Best crowd to date)