I love Radiohead

AbuskedtiAbuskedti Posts: 1,917
edited February 2008 in Other Music
I just wanted to say it
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    i love radiohead too. ive been listening to them nonstop lately.
    for a long time, i only liked ok comp and the bends (top 3 fav albums of all time) and didn't like the "weird" albums like kid a and amnesiac. lately, ive been listening to it all and it is all really unreal. great band, i cant wait to see them live this summer.
  • pjoasisrulepjoasisrule Posts: 3,412
    You must be very proud of yourself
    Alpine Valley 2000
    Summerfest 2006

"Why would they come to our concert just to boo us?" -Lisa Simpson
  • Red LukinRed Lukin Posts: 2,994
    ^^^^^
    What's with the negativity, been a while since you got laid???

To add your the thread I'm on a huge Radiohead kick lately myself. I'm really hoping I can score some good seats to the Toronto show. I've loved them for years, but for some reason never seen them live. I assumed their live show might not be great..I'm sure I'm very wrong..
    Red Lukin wrote:
    ^^^^^
    What's with the negativity, been a while since you got laid???

To add your the thread I'm on a huge Radiohead kick lately myself. I'm really hoping I can score some good seats to the Toronto show. I've loved them for years, but for some reason never seen them live. I assumed their live show might not be great..I'm sure I'm very wrong..

many say its one of the best around. apparently they are full of life and energy, which you wouldnt necessarily think because a lot of their music is relatively slow. i hope i can score some tickets. im dying to see them.
    many say its one of the best around. apparently they are full of life and energy, which you wouldnt necessarily think because a lot of their music is relatively slow. i hope i can score some tickets. im dying to see them.

I just downloaded their DVD from Bonnatoo 06'. Probably gonna set some side tomorrow to watch it. From what I've seen Thom's a great front man; I mean if you're into that stuff. I love watching him just do whatever, looking so crazy, not caring what others think...seems to just go with what he's feeling, and the flow of the music.

That said, I'm really looking forward to them announcing the 2nd half of the NA tour.
  • dunkmandunkman Posts: 19,646
    their latest album is one of the greatest 5 albums of all time imo... and the scotch mist footage is my favourite live footage of practically any band.. i love them, i think they are greatness :)
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
  • jamie ukjamie uk Posts: 3,812
    dunkman wrote:
    their latest album is one of the greatest 5 albums of all time imo... and the scotch mist footage is my favourite live footage of practically any band.. i love them, i think they are greatness :)

I aint heard any Radiohead since OK Computer, which I adore. I just got too busy to get into that avantegarde stuff they went into.
    I did hear Thom doing some solo stuff on the radio last year...I thought it was terrible.
    But, I will buy the new album this week on your recomendation sir...oh I will, I so will, just see if I don't.
    btw, did I ever bore you with the story about how I saw them when they were just a support band? :D
    I came, I saw, I concurred.....
    jamie uk wrote:
    I aint heard any Radiohead since OK Computer, which I adore. I just got too busy to get into that avantegarde stuff they went into.
    I did hear Thom doing some solo stuff on the radio last year...I thought it was terrible.
    But, I will buy the new album this week on your recomendation sir...oh I will, I so will, just see if I don't.
    btw, did I ever bore you with the story about how I saw them when they were just a support band? :D

dont do it on my say-so.. i hate that amount of pressure :D

i love it.. its a fucking glorious album.. dont buy it.. i'll make a copy and post you the original if you know what i mean ;);)

you on MSN.. if you are get in touch and i'll send you something free...
    oh scary... 40000 morbidly obese christians wearing fanny packs invading europe is probably the least scariest thing since I watched an edited version of The Care Bears movie in an extremely brightly lit cinema.
    dunkman wrote:
    dont do it on my say-so.. i hate that amount of pressure :D

i love it.. its a fucking glorious album.. dont buy it.. i'll make a copy and post you the original if you know what i mean ;);)

you on MSN.. if you are get in touch and i'll send you something free...

I'll buy it sir, my car's cd player wont allow cdr's, the bastard! No pressure, I like the sound of it. It's only about 8 quid or something, and I'm waiting on a big payout this week :D
    No, no MSN for me...why would that help with free stuff?
    jamie uk wrote:

oh god aye... they have these things called 'sharing folder' only for pictures and word files you understand ;) but basically you can share any type of file with your amigos :)
    dunkman wrote:
    oh god aye... they have these things called 'sharing folder' only for pictures and word files you understand ;) but basically you can share any type of file with your amigos :)

Oh right I'm onto it....do you have any nude photos of your wife? ;)
  • Jeremy1012Jeremy1012 Posts: 7,170
    jamie uk wrote:
    I'll buy it sir, my car's cd player wont allow cdr's, the bastard! No pressure, I like the sound of it. It's only about 8 quid or something, and I'm waiting on a big payout this week :D
    If you like it, be sure to check out Kid A. Obviously it's the most divisive in their catalogue so you might not like it but I think it's incredible. These are easily two of the best songs I've ever heard.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Eq9t2FFh6LA
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PES95QK76oc
    "I remember one night at Muzdalifa with nothing but the sky overhead, I lay awake amid sleeping Muslim brothers and I learned that pilgrims from every land — every colour, and class, and rank; high officials and the beggar alike — all snored in the same language"
    jamie uk wrote:
    Oh right I'm onto it....do you have any nude photos of your wife? ;)

yes, i have plenty.. why do you have some on ebay your trying to flog? ;)
    dunkman wrote:
    yes, i have plenty.. why do you have some on ebay your trying to flog? ;)

Oh, just spoil my gag why don't you?
    You were supposed to say "No", then I'd say..."do you want some?"..see, that would've been funny. Well, I thought so.
    Red Lukin wrote:
    I just downloaded their DVD from Bonnatoo 06'. Probably gonna set some side tomorrow to watch it. From what I've seen Thom's a great front man; I mean if you're into that stuff. I love watching him just do whatever, looking so crazy, not caring what others think...seems to just go with what he's feeling, and the flow of the music.

That said, I'm really looking forward to them announcing the 2nd half of the NA tour.

where did you download their dvd from bonnaroo? i would love to see that, i heard that was incredible.
  • NevermindNevermind Posts: 1,006
    where did you download their dvd from bonnaroo? i would love to see that, i heard that was incredible.
    You can find it on Dime. Its going to be released officially eventually.

If you have a Bit Torrent program this is all you need...enjoy ; )

http://download.yousendit.com/7CFE7D545245D3FB
    Red Lukin wrote:
    If you have a Bit Torrent program this is all you need...enjoy ; )

http://download.yousendit.com/7CFE7D545245D3FB

i never understood torrent so i dont use that. is there any other format i could view it in?
  • LONGRDLONGRD Posts: 6,036
    Personally, I think
    Kid A is the greatest album of all time.
    The Bends/OK Com/and Hail To The Thief are great albums to
    but they're in my daily routine as Kid A is.
    In Rainbows??? still not used to it.
    PJ- 04/29/2003.06/24,25,27,28,30/2008.10/27,28,30,31/2009
    EV- 08/09,10/2008.06/08,09/2009
  • LONGRDLONGRD Posts: 6,036
    i never understood torrent so i dont use that. is there any other format i could view it in?
    every time i click
    a torrent link it goes
    through my limewire (which i stopped using).
    i'll stick to MU/RS though.
    PJ- 04/29/2003.06/24,25,27,28,30/2008.10/27,28,30,31/2009
    EV- 08/09,10/2008.06/08,09/2009

I just tried putting the whole show on yousendit.com, but there are too many files, and not sure how to do it.

For Bit Torrents it's quite easy. Just download the program and follow the steps http://www.bittornado.com

1) After you downloaded the BT program create a file for the torrent and save it. Create "Bonnaroo 06 Radiohead DVD"

2) Go to programs and open "btdownloadgui.exe". It should be the file that says "BT" on it. When you double click this it'll ask you to file a file. Search for the torrent file you saved earlier. Now double click it.

3) Now it'll ask you where you want to save the files. Just save it in the folder you created in step 1.

4) From there it make a long time to download. The double DVD is actually 9GB, so it could take days. It took me about 12-15 hours.

5) Once you've downloaded the file and want to put it on DVD's you'll need a DVD program and a dvd burner itself. If you get this far send me a PM and I can help you (but of course you'll need to have a dvd burner).

If you don't want to try bit torrent there might be bits and pieces on youtube.
    Red Lukin wrote:
    I just tried putting the whole show on yousendit.com, but there are too many files, and not sure how to do it.

For Bit Torrents it's quite easy. Just download the program and follow the steps http://www.bittornado.com

1) After you downloaded the BT program create a file for the torrent and save it. Create "Bonnaroo 06 Radiohead DVD"

2) Go to programs and open "btdownloadgui.exe". It should be the file that says "BT" on it. When you double click this it'll ask you to file a file. Search for the torrent file you saved earlier. Now double click it.

3) Now it'll ask you where you want to save the files. Just save it in the folder you created in step 1.

4) From there it make a long time to download. The double DVD is actually 9GB, so it could take days. It took me about 12-15 hours.

5) Once you've downloaded the file and want to put it on DVD's you'll need a DVD program and a dvd burner itself. If you get this far send me a PM and I can help you (but of course you'll need to have a dvd burner).

If you don't want to try bit torrent there might be bits and pieces on youtube.

yah honestly, i dont think i can download something that takes up that much space on my comp. there is barely any room on my computer anymore because of all the pj boots ive downloaded in mp3 format. i appreciate it though, and i will definitely look on youtube.
    yah honestly, i dont think i can download something that takes up that much space on my comp. there is barely any room on my computer anymore because of all the pj boots ive downloaded in mp3 format. i appreciate it though, and i will definitely look on youtube.

I understand...did my best to help..what I usually do though is download it, burn it, then delete it.
  • glasshouseglasshouse Posts: 1,762
    Abuskedti wrote:
    I just wanted to say it

yeah, you and 90% of the world at large. now, that doesn't make you special now does it? ;)

they used to be my 2nd favorite band for a long time. then i started to listen to a fuck load of different music/artists and they probably aren't top 20 no more. PJ stuck right at the top however. cause they truely rock :cool:
    Athens, Greece: 2006/09/30

"Call me Ishmael. Some years ago- never mind how long precisely- having little or no money in my purse, and nothing particular to interest me on shore, I thought I would sail about a little and see the watery part of the world." Herman Melville : Moby Dick