The Cult - Born Into This

surferdudesurferdude Posts: 2,057
edited October 2007 in Other Music
Bought the Cult's new one Born Into This yesterday. It's surprsingly very good. A nice cross of Love and Electric sounds. This is a straight ahead rock n roll album built from the drums and bass on out. It's freakin' nice to hear Billy and Duffy do what they do best, full blast rock n roll.

If you like Love, Electric or Sonic Temple I believe you'll like Born Into This. Top songs are I Assassin - wicked, wicked intro, Born Into This and Dirty Little Rockstar.

All I can say is "turn it loud".
“One good thing about music,
when it hits you, you feel to pain.
So brutalize me with music.”
~ Bob Marley
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Hmm, I think you mentioning that it sounding like Love has sold it for me. Love was incredible, so I think I'll give the new album a listen.
    no matter where you go,
    there you are.

- brain of c
  • surferdudesurferdude Posts: 2,057
    Hmm, I think you mentioning that it sounding like Love has sold it for me. Love was incredible, so I think I'll give the new album a listen.
    It rocks out like Electric but has all the quirkiness that I love about Love. It's a nice mis of the two but it is more Electric than Love.
    “One good thing about music,
    when it hits you, you feel to pain.
    So brutalize me with music.”
    ~ Bob Marley
  • I just listened to a couple of track from the new album from their myspace:

http://www.myspace.com/cultmusic

Dirty Little Rockstar and Tiger In The Sun are both pretty good, havent heard I Assassin yet though.
    no matter where you go,
    there you are.

- brain of c
  • edvedder913edvedder913 Posts: 1,810
    I loved The Cult.
  • LedZepFanLedZepFan Posts: 1,009
    i dunno...i miss the experimental cult albums like love and the self titled..i wish they would make more music like that
    I've faced it, a life wasted, and I'm never going back again.

Some die just to live.
  • My buddy just got it and said it sucks. however his musical tastes suck, so i'm going to listen to you. especially if it sounds like electric and love.
    If it sounds like beyond good and evil i'm going to come back on here and give you a verbal beatdown.
  • Tiger In The Sun reminds me a little of Big Neon Glitter, which is great. Gonna try and scope out other tracks.
    no matter where you go,
    there you are.

- brain of c