Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• It's "The W.A.N.D." from the At War with the Mystics album
  • brainofPJbrainofPJ Posts: 2,361
    thank you.

how is that album?

Esther's here and she's sick?

hi Esther, now we are all going to be sick, thanks
  • It grows on you, though not as good as their last 2 IMO.

I don't think they will ever top The Soft Bulletin even though Yoshimi was fairly solid throughout. This one is just a little inconsistant by comparison but worth picking up if you've liked what you're heard from them over their last few albums.
  • soulsingingsoulsinging Posts: 13,202
    It grows on you, though not as good as their last 2 IMO.

I don't think they will ever top The Soft Bulletin even though Yoshimi was fairly solid throughout. This one is just a little inconsistant by comparison but worth picking up if you've liked what you're heard from them over their last few albums.

you beat me to it ya bastard! ;)

have you seen their ufo's at the zoo dvd? i bought it recently but havent had a chance to really watch it yet.

i can't tell which era i like more... i love their first 2 major albums (satellite heart, clouds taste), but their last 2 are excellent as well.
  • you beat me to it ya bastard! ;)

have you seen their ufo's at the zoo dvd? i bought it recently but havent had a chance to really watch it yet.

i can't tell which era i like more... i love their first 2 major albums (satellite heart, clouds taste), but their last 2 are excellent as well.

The DVD is amazing and really captures what they're all about live which is really just having a huge party onstage.

I'm definitely a bigger fan of the 1999+ style as opposed to the pre '99 stuff, even though they have some GREAT songs from that era and the Transmissions album is classic. They've changed so much over the years with the changing of the lineups and all but I think the Coyne/Drozd/Ivins combo has been on a great streak.
  • It grows on you, though not as good as their last 2 IMO.
    Wait. There are good Flaming Lips albums?
    I'm so dangerous I smoke dynamite.