anyone ever seen The Kills?

brainofPJbrainofPJ Posts: 2,361
edited August 2008 in Other Music
going to see the Black Keys saturday and Kills are opening up for 'em.

any thought?

Esther's here and she's sick?

hi Esther, now we are all going to be sick, thanks
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• release30release30 Posts: 2,051
    Conversations getting dull
    There's a constant ringing in my ears
    Sense of humor's void and numb
    And I'm bored to tears.......
  • brainofPJ wrote:
    going to see the Black Keys saturday and Kills are opening up for 'em.

any thought?

I've seen em in April or something in Vienna, Austria. Personally, I thought it was great. Nice mixture of old and new songs. But some people were like "they seemed bored blablabla yadayada". I mean, I dunno what they expected.
    Don't expect lots of interaction. They're doing their thing, and they're doing it damn good... And they're so damn cool when doing it. :D
    Kids! Bringing about Armageddon can be dangerous. Do not attempt it in your own home.
  • i saw the kills once...it was a few years ago......same day as john peel died....they opened for franz ferdinand....they were boring.....
    ...when a truant finds home....
  • catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    i saw the kills once...it was a few years ago......same day as john peel died....they opened for franz ferdinand....they were boring.....

yeah i saw them a few years ago too. they opened for hot hot heat. might have been MMJ i cant actually remember back that far. :D it was not on the same day john peel died... obviously. :D
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • I think I'm seeing them next month. I believe they're opening up for the Raconteurs.
    NERDS!
  • jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488
    You're going to get a different opinion form everyone you ask ... but if you are in to lo-fi music, they bring it. Very sultry even.

Love the album No Wow.
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • iamsampjiamsampj Posts: 784
    I think I'm seeing them next month. I believe they're opening up for the Raconteurs.
    lucky!! i'd love to see them live.
    yes...i do feel like a human. i do not feel like a tree.
  • jimed14jimed14 Posts: 9,488
    if anyone is intersted, AT&T Blueroom is showing The Kills' live set from lollapalooza TODAY at 4:15 pm Eastern

http://attblueroom.com/music/Lollapalooza-Music-Festival/live-webcast.php

Damn, forgot about this, missed Holy Fuck's set ...
    "You're one of the few Red Sox fans I don't mind." - Newch91

"I don't believe in damn curses. Wake up the damn Bambino and have me face him. Maybe I'll drill him in the ass." --- Pedro Martinez
  • mauichickmauichick Posts: 964
    I've seen them once and they were great
    I'm obsessed with their records
    '96 7 shows / '97 3 shows / '98 15 shows
    '00 12 shows / '03 4 shows / '06 6 shows
    '08 3 shows / '09 5 shows / '10 6 shows