Options

Anyone hear the new Gilmour?

binauralsoundsbinauralsounds Posts: 1,357
edited March 2006 in Other Music
Got my grubby hands on it finally after listening to samples. Sweet cd! Anyone else hear the whole cd yet? Love it!!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Red LukinRed Lukin Canada Posts: 2,994
    I had a small listen, only for a half a dozon songs or so while at work. I need a few more listens but at first listen I felt it was very mellow. Not a bad thing, It was as I expected it, and overall I'd say it's pretty good so far.
  • Options
    enharmonicenharmonic Posts: 1,926
    To me, its a good as any Gilmour album can be without the yin or the yang of Roger Waters. Both of these guys are brilliant, but their solo work only demonstrates to me they need eachother. They are one of those perfect tandems who just don't rise to the same level working solo.

That said, it's nice to hear complex harmonies, shifting melodies, and just plain old good songwriting on the radio again.
  • Options
    restlesssoulrestlesssoul Posts: 6,946
    thats called simon and garfunkel syndrome....well if you are garfunkel.

anyways i wanted to check this album too, hope its good...lots of cameos by people i heard too.
    Van '98, Sea I+II '00, Sea '01, Sea II '02, Van '03, Gorge, Van, Cal, Edm '05, Bos I+II, Phi I+II, DC, SF II+III, Port, Gorge I+II '06, DC, NY I+II '08, Sea I+II, Van, Ridge , LA III+IV' 09, Indy '10, Cal, Van '11, Lond, Van, Sea '13, Memphis '14, RRHOF '17, Sea I+II '18, Van I+II '24
  • Options
    thats called simon and garfunkel syndrome....well if you are garfunkel.

laughed at that one...
    Teamwork. Rawk. Pwnage. Infinite Possibilities. YIELD. Hells yeah.