Rolling Stones In LOUISVILLE!!

binauralsoundsbinauralsounds Posts: 1,357
edited August 2006 in Other Music
Yep, look for the announcement tomm!!!!!!!! My sources tell me the venue will be CHURCHILL DOWNS! (What a friggin venue)
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• voodoopugvoodoopug Posts: 1,011
    Yep, look for the announcement tomm!!!!!!!! My sources tell me the venue will be CHURCHILL DOWNS! (What a friggin venue)

Friday, Sept 29th....official announcement comes in 3 minutes.

I am very happy this one ended up happening.

Sadly, it does look like the Beacon Theater shows in October are in serious jeaparday and will most likely not happen now
    There's Pearl Jam, The Rolling Stones, Chuck Berry, Robert Johnson......and then everybody else.
  • yosi1yosi1 Posts: 3,272
    voodoopug wrote:
    Friday, Sept 29th....official announcement comes in 3 minutes.

I am very happy this one ended up happening.

Sadly, it does look like the Beacon Theater shows in October are in serious jeaparday and will most likely not happen now

How do you know this?
    you couldn't swing if you were hangin' from a palm tree in a hurricane.
  • JUST ANNOUNCED. IT's OFFICIAL. 9-29!

Tix... 60 - 300! Tix on sale AUGUST 14th! Via ticket master, or ticket nation.com.

HELLL YES!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I thought it was going to be the 30th, saturday night, but owell. The downs not that far from me:):).

For the record, I'll be in the CHEAP SEATS!!!!!!!!!!!
  • kdpjamkdpjam Posts: 2,303
    thank you for making my day.... :):):)
    lay down all thoughts; surrender to the void
    ~it is shining it is shining~
    yosi wrote:
    How do you know this?

I have a solid connection within the Stones Camp
    There's Pearl Jam, The Rolling Stones, Chuck Berry, Robert Johnson......and then everybody else.
    voodoopug wrote:
    I have a solid connection within the Stones Camp

Awesome. It'd be great to have a heads up if the Beacon theatre show was gonna be announced. ;)
    yosi wrote:
    Awesome. It'd be great to have a heads up if the Beacon theatre show was gonna be announced. ;)

No problem! There was two dates there tentatively scheduled there (around Halloween), but it looks like there will be no show there. Look for a possible MSG date to replace them if anything replaces them. Chances are about 10% that the Beacon happens, and I am hearing that it may be a very expensive Charity show similar to the Radio City Show last year.
    voodoopug wrote:
    No problem! There was two dates there tentatively scheduled there (around Halloween), but it looks like there will be no show there. Look for a possible MSG date to replace them if anything replaces them. Chances are about 10% that the Beacon happens, and I am hearing that it may be a very expensive Charity show similar to the Radio City Show last year.

Got it. Thanks for the update.
  • Yep, look for the announcement tomm!!!!!!!! My sources tell me the venue will be CHURCHILL DOWNS! (What a friggin venue)

Will Mick be running in the Kentucky Derby.....Dude's teeth look like a horse.
    one foot in the door
    the other foot in the gutter
    sweet smell that they adore
    I think I'd rather smother
    -The Replacements-
  • Indian SummerIndian Summer Posts: 2,296
    FINALLY!!!! I'm so there, got a friend in the Stones fanclub, and the presale for it starts this Wed!
    "It's all happening"
  • FINALLY!!!! I'm so there, got a friend in the Stones fanclub, and the presale for it starts this Wed!

Lucky you!! Wife and I will be in the cheap seats:(
  • Indian SummerIndian Summer Posts: 2,296
    i can't wait to see who the opening act is. Kanye West is opening a few shows, and Dave Matthews Band is opening a few as well. Louisville is still TBA however.
    "It's all happening"
  • i can't wait to see who the opening act is. Kanye West is opening a few shows, and Dave Matthews Band is opening a few as well. Louisville is still TBA however.

If it's kanye, 1st i'll throw up, then show up right before the stones go on!
    Alice Cooper is also opening at least one show this leg.
    do you know who's opening for them in louisville? i see nothing on their website or ticketmaster's?
    kdpjam wrote:
    do you know who's opening for them in louisville? i see nothing on their website or ticketmaster's?

I have not gotten word of the opener yet. From what I understand, it will depend on how the ticket sales go. If they are a bit slow, they will add a bigger name to attract a few more "fringe" fans. If they sell well, expect kanye West or someone that won't sell many tickets (but will be inexpensive for the band to hire).
    voodoopug wrote:
    I have not gotten word of the opener yet. From what I understand, it will depend on how the ticket sales go. If they are a bit slow, they will add a bigger name to attract a few more "fringe" fans. If they sell well, expect kanye West or someone that won't sell many tickets (but will be inexpensive for the band to hire).

guess we'll find out soon ;)
  • What a trainwreck. Kanye with the Stones.
    ha ha, i just checked out keith's 6/30 video message to the fans...classic.

http://www.rollingstones.com/news/news.php?uid=552#
  • karma defectkarma defect Posts: 5,483
    kdpjam wrote:
    ha ha, i just checked out keith's 6/30 video message to the fans...classic.

http://www.rollingstones.com/news/news.php?uid=552#

It seemed as if it was done indifferent takes. Did he lose so much of his mind capacity that he couldn't learn all the lines and do it in one go?
    « One man's glory is another man's hell.
    You’re on the outside, never bound by such a spell.
    Together in the darkness, alone in the light.
    I took it upon me to be yours, Timmy,
    I’ll lead your angels and demons at play tonight......»
    It seemed as if it was done indifferent takes. Did he lose so much of his mind capacity that he couldn't learn all the lines and do it in one go?

Yes, but 90% of the damage was done in the mid seventies (see: Heroin)
    i got tix :) we are up in the grandstand 300 section. it was harder to get tix than i thought it would be.

goes to crank up some stones.... ;)
    kdpjam wrote:
    i got tix :) we are up in the grandstand 300 section. it was harder to get tix than i thought it would be.

goes to crank up some stones.... ;)

I am buying tickets for the Stones Vegas MGM concert today, just booked airfare!

Louisville has sold very well!
    voodoopug wrote:
    I am buying tickets for the Stones Vegas MGM concert today, just booked airfare!

Louisville has sold very well!

very cool ~ vegas will be grand. i should feel lucky, though i pictured us close to the stage ;(
    kdpjam wrote:
    very cool ~ vegas will be grand. i should feel lucky, though i pictured us close to the stage ;(

I have been in the first 12 rows about 10 times for the stones the last year (about 20 times in the first fifteen rows on their tours since 1999), Vegas will be my first show "in the rafters" since 1999,
    ah, less than a week away.... i cannot wait!! look at this set list. i love it!!!

http://iorr.org/tour05/boston5.htm

;)
    rolling.... to louisville... going to try to find you, voodoopug...

oh yeah!!!!!!!
    what an awesome show!!! they still got it, trust me! i'm still "stoned"....
  • Love 'em. :)
    Love 'em. :)

me too!! always a stellar show. i thought about you, fins, when they played midnight rambler... what a stage set up. i want to go live in their set.

; )