Arms Around Your Love

binauralsoundsbinauralsounds Posts: 1,357
edited May 2007 in Other Music
Is fucking HORRIBLE!!!!!!!!! I'm a DIEHARD cornell fan thru and thru! Soundgarden, slave, Euphoria, you name it!
BUT THIS SHIT??

Did the backstreet boys just get back together?
Did I click the right song?

Oeefff Marone!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Neruda25Neruda25 Posts: 266
    Who`s care!!!
    For each bad song, Cornell have 10 better songs. And yes, i probably prefer a sound like Euphoria Morning,...let`s call the 11 guys!!!!
    By the way they are not playing with QOTSA.
    22 nov. Santiago
    23 nov. Santiago
    25 nov. Buenos Aires
    26 nov. Buenos Aires

http://www.myspace.com/delonelyman
  • nepalnepal Posts: 143
    I really like the song.
    ...the dreams ain't broken down here now,
    they're walking with a limp
  • its a good song, but the clearly superior song is safe and sound. thats song is awesome.
    +--+-Official Upcoming Australasian Tour: Member No.5-+--+
    ~~~~~http://www.myspace.com/breakerfallpj~~~~~

YieldInHiding: "RED DOT is an intermission...not "filler." I hate that word. Filler is what's in a Twinkie."
  • melodyman22melodyman22 Posts: 326
    Cornells one of the best singer/songwriters ever, bottom line.
  • BlyssBlyss Posts: 166
    Was looking forward to this album but have to agree that the song is crap, hopefully the rest of the album is better.
  • Neruda25 wrote:
    Who`s care!!!
    For each bad song, Cornell have 10 better songs. And yes, i probably prefer a sound like Euphoria Morning,...let`s call the 11 guys!!!!
    By the way they are not playing with QOTSA.

hey have u heard the new qotsa album that just leaked yesterday it flames the cornell cd. Josh Homme doesn't need eleven. PS I rather shit a cactus out of my dick then listen to arms around your love again or even see the cheesey video.
  • mole1985mole1985 Posts: 1,119
    Arms around your love is pretty poo but the album is good.
    Dublin 2006
    Katowice 2007
    London 2007
  • Neruda25Neruda25 Posts: 266
    h Josh Homme doesn't need eleven. .

No, he doesn`t. He need Nick Oliveri.
    22 nov. Santiago
    23 nov. Santiago
    25 nov. Buenos Aires
    26 nov. Buenos Aires

http://www.myspace.com/delonelyman
  • Brian V.Brian V. Posts: 51
    Arms Around Your Love is the worst song of the CD. IMO
  • I think it is basically a good song, but it is hard to get used to it coming from Chris Cornell.
  • I think it is basically a good song, but it is hard to get used to it coming from Chris Cornell.
    True. I would consider it a guilty pleasure if it was by anyone else.
  • True. I would consider it a guilty pleasure if it was by anyone else.

Yeah, and I like it better than most of the average pop-rock you hear on the radio.
  • I like it. Especially the chorus, Chris really nails that in my opinion. But hey, I like Bon Jovi.
    Smokey Robinson constantly looks like he's trying to act natural after being accused of farting.
  • I was actually confused when I heard this song. I have a tendency to love absolutely everything Chris Cornell does, but this song is just terrible. It's just a fluffy pop song, so meaningless compared to anything he's ever done before. I get that he wants to grow as an artist and move in a different direction or whatever, but I'm thinking he took a wrong turn with this one.....Whatever, I like a lot of what I've heard from the rest of the album, and I think his past greatness overshadows this song, so I will ignore it.
  • rhcpjam1029rhcpjam1029 Posts: 1,968
    well first off chris cornell powns us all. um yeah.
    Beavis: All my friends are brown and red? What does that mean?
    Butthead: It means that his friends are like turds and that they like suck.
    Beavis: Heh heh. Oh yeah. Yeah! Get those spoons out of my face before I shove them up your butt!
    Butthead: Huh huh.
  • catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    Is fucking HORRIBLE!!!!!!!!! I'm a DIEHARD cornell fan thru and thru! Soundgarden, slave, Euphoria, you name it!
    BUT THIS SHIT??

Did the backstreet boys just get back together?
    Did I click the right song?

Oeefff Marone!

i am in total agreement. it sounded weak to me. there was definately something missing.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • VEDHEAD27VEDHEAD27 Posts: 3,091
    I like it. Especially the chorus, Chris really nails that in my opinion. But hey, I like Bon Jovi.
    hehe. That made me laugh. :D I like Bon Jovi too! :p

Even so, I must agree with much of whats being said. I think you said it all best Diamond Marmalade. This is actually the very first time I've ever been less than obsessed with something Cornell related. It feels weird.
    I'm definitely not crazy about the song either.
    ¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤

"Lo√e, you know the word
    ...YOU invented it!" ~ E√

¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤º°`°º¤ø,¸¸,ø¤
    ...::STONE--YOU--OWN!::...
    ••••••••••••••••••••••••••••
  • niallniall Posts: 244
    I liked this song alot more than no such thing. I don't like the music in that track at all.
  • DiRtyFranK38DiRtyFranK38 Posts: 3,131
    not very fond opf this tune either =[ not terrible though.

no such thing was really good, i love the bridge.
    you know my name is good.
    she'll never be your man, i love.

that's all i have heard from the new album. i know it leaked, but i am properly waiting till my pre-oredered album comes in when i can just play it through and be amazed.
    2006: Hartford
    2008: MSG 1, Hartford, Mansfield 2, Ed Solo NYC 1
    2009: London (O2), Philly 1, 2, 3, & 4
    2010: Hartford, Boston, MSG 1 & 2
    2011: Ed Solo Hartford
    2012: Philly (MIA Fest)
    2013: Worcester 2, Brooklyn 1 & 2, Hartford
  • SongburstSongburst Posts: 1,195
    I'm a huge Cornell fan and this new album completely stinks. I was hoping for another album that was along the lines of Euphoria Morning, and he delivered us American Idol fodder.
    1/12/1879, 4/8/1156, 2/6/1977, who gives a shit, ...
  • luxpjamerluxpjamer Posts: 837
    i am in total agreement. it sounded weak to me. there was definately something missing.

I think that he want to be sure that this album will be very easy to listen for people who doesn't know him and he was sure that people who like him will buy the album.
    Haven't heard the album yet but arms around your love didn't really sound as I expected but the song isn't that bad. and it isn't as cheesey as Throw your arms around me ;)
    Beavis : Is this Pearl Jam?
    Butt-head: This guy makes faces like Eddie Vedder.
    Beavis: No, Eddie Vedder makes faces like this guy.
    Butt-head: I heard these guys, like, came first and Pearl Jam ripped them off.
    Beavis: No, Pearl Jam came first.
    Butt-head: Well, they both suck.
  • muppetmuppet Posts: 980
    I remember him saying this album was going to be acoustic. Obviously that flew out of the window. Dammit, I want Nebraska, not Born in the USA!
  • niallniall Posts: 244
    Yeah I remember there being somekind of news that the album was acoustic and I got pretty excited!

My pre order hasn't arrived yet but I quite like arms around your love. I dig the music. The lyrics are pretty good too.
  • DOSWDOSW Posts: 2,014
    Songburst wrote:
    I'm a huge Cornell fan and this new album completely stinks. I was hoping for another album that was along the lines of Euphoria Morning, and he delivered us American Idol fodder.

I agree for the most part. There are a few good songs on it though, but overall it's definitely Cornell's weakest outing of his career.
    It's a town full of losers and I'm pulling out of here to win
  • DOSW wrote:
    I agree for the most part. There are a few good songs on it though, but overall it's definitely Cornell's weakest outing of his career.

To my ears, Carry On is much more listenable than Revelations. Al least it has some varied musical ideas, unlike most of Audioslave's work (and I say that as a fan of AS). I'm not saying I like every song on Carry On - Poison Eye and Finally Forever aren't the best things he's ever done - but it's definitely not his weakest outing, imo.
    Smokey Robinson constantly looks like he's trying to act natural after being accused of farting.
  • DOSWDOSW Posts: 2,014
    To my ears, Carry On is much more listenable than Revelations. Al least it has some varied musical ideas, unlike most of Audioslave's work (and I say that as a fan of AS). I'm not saying I like every song on Carry On - Poison Eye and Finally Forever aren't the best things he's ever done - but it's definitely not his weakest outing, imo.

Well, okay. But I think Revelations is much better than Carry On... Revelations had some crap on it too, but songs like Shape of Things to Come, Wide Awake, and Moth (probably Audioslave's best song IMO) save it from being a bad album.

I'll admit I haven't listened to Carry On much at all though, so I shouldn't be so judgmental.
    It's a town full of losers and I'm pulling out of here to win
  • DOSW wrote:
    Well, okay. But I think Revelations is much better than Carry On... Revelations had some crap on it too, but songs like Shape of Things to Come, Wide Awake, and Moth (probably Audioslave's best song IMO) save it from being a bad album.

I'll admit I haven't listened to Carry On much at all though, so I shouldn't be so judgmental.

See, I agree with you about those songs. They're the three songs I still listen to off Revelations. So we're not disagreeing - we're just not quite agreeing. Or something. I need sleep.
  • mole1985mole1985 Posts: 1,119
    DOSW wrote:

I thought 'Moth' was a filler personally. I like 'nothing left but to say goodbye', 'Shape of things to come', 'One and the same' and 'Wide awake'
    Dublin 2006
    Katowice 2007
    London 2007
  • Peter CPeter C Posts: 237
    Downloaded the album today and it's brillant.. Ghost is class.
    London 1996 Cardiff 2000 Paris 2006 and London 2007.
  • patrickredeyespatrickredeyes Posts: 8,834
    Peter C wrote:
    Ghost is class.

Great song :)