Just got back from Cornell in INDY

binauralsoundsbinauralsounds Posts: 1,357
edited May 2007 in Other Music
WHAT A FUCKIN SHOW THAT MAN PUT ON! Granted half the crowd was fucking teeny boppers and glad those little fuckers left before Chris came on. Had seats bout 10 rows back. Can't remember all the songs, but some were: (NOT in order)
Spoonman
Outshined
Rusty Cage
Slaves/Bulldozers
Jesus Christ Pose
Like A Stone
You know my name
Sunshower
Hunger Strike (Mentioned he wrote this with a very close friend who couldn't be there tonight, and for us to sing for him (Referring to good ole Ed)
She'll Never be you man (told the crowd it was about his friends' wife leavin him for another woman) Then laughed and said something like, "You don't ever wanna see you friend go through THAT kinda shit" and started laughing.
Doesn't Remind me
Show Me how to live
I am the highway

Enough with the setlist.. too tired.

During the second encore, he asked the ones close to get even closer, which pissed off security (HA) and the wife and I were bout 3 feet from the stage at that point. His voice has never sounded better!!

His band??
HOLY SHIT!!!!!!! They were DEAD ON and INTO IT!!!!!! Both guitarist are amazing, the bassist (FUCKIN EH) and the drummer? Ohhh yeah!!!!!!!!!!! EXCELLENT band he put together.

Enough for now!

GREAT DAM SHOW!!!!!!!!!!!!

Can't wait for Louisville on Tuesday and the dirty NATI on Friday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• YieldedYielded Posts: 839
    :)

I saw him in Paris and it was great, good to hear you enjoyed it!
    "We get these pills to swallow... how they stick in your throat... Tastes like gold..."
  • patrickredeyespatrickredeyes Posts: 8,834
    Sounds like it was a great time last nite. I'm hoping he will play Sunshower in Milwaukee this July. One of my all time fav songs from any artist. Thanks for sharing your review from the show. :D
  • Alex_CoeAlex_Coe Posts: 762
    I actually like Chris Cornell's instrumental music, if only he didn't sing so much.
    Alex_Coe wrote:
    I actually like Chris Cornell's instrumental music, if only he didn't sing so much.

Oh ok we get it your not a big fan of his. Well many of us are so we won't let yea rain on our parade. :D
  • niallniall Posts: 244
    wow, so many soundgarden songs. awesome. I really hope he comes back to the uk for a full tour.
    Oh ok we get it your not a big fan of his. Well many of us are so we won't let yea rain on our parade. :D

I said I like his music.
  • LedZepFanLedZepFan Posts: 1,009
    teeny boppers!? haha....I'm 16 and love Cornell, wish I could have seen him in Philly but couldn't get tickets
    I've faced it, a life wasted, and I'm never going back again.

Some die just to live.
    Alex_Coe wrote:
    I said I like his music.

You said you wished he wouldn't sing as much. Ok so then you don't like his voice. Hate to break it to you. But thats what he does in concert..........he sings. :D
    But he wrote the songs.
    Alex_Coe wrote:
    But he wrote the songs.

I'm not following you but maybe it's cause I went to bed at 4:30am this morning. I should be sleeping but I just came back from a walk. Beautiful day today. :)
  • binauralsoundsbinauralsounds Posts: 1,357
    LedZepFan wrote:
    teeny boppers!? haha....I'm 16 and love Cornell, wish I could have seen him in Philly but couldn't get tickets

Yeah, it was MAYDAY festival with Chevelle, operator, 3 days grace etc... I know I'm gettin old, but dam, what a freak show.

Also, he said he and the band will be touring a lot for the NEXT TWO YEARS!!! TWO YEARS???? WOW...............
  • vedderme77vedderme77 Posts: 2
    I was THERE with my 10 year old son (his first concert) we had a great time. Chris cornell was unbelievable. I have lived in Indiana all of my life and very few bands play past the 11:00 pm curfew. Chris played until like 11:20 giving his fans all they could handle. I agree that he sounds better than ever and can't wait until he comes back to Indy. When he sang Hunger Strike I lost it and he also told a BREIF story about the person who sang this song with him and asked the crowd to sing his part. We were screaming EDDIE EDDIE EDDIE at the end of the song. Also Chevelle was good.
    vedderme77 wrote:
    I was THERE with my 10 year old son (his first concert) we had a great time. Chris cornell was unbelievable. I have lived in Indiana all of my life and very few bands play past the 11:00 pm curfew. Chris played until like 11:20 giving his fans all they could handle. I agree that he sounds better than ever and can't wait until he comes back to Indy. When he sang Hunger Strike I lost it and he also told a BREIF story about the person who sang this song with him and asked the crowd to sing his part. We were screaming EDDIE EDDIE EDDIE at the end of the song. Also Chevelle was good.

I agree about the curfew part. I know Pearl Jam has played past it there. My wife and I were very surprised he went past curfew! That's when he told us to get closer and we were right up against the stage! You could tell he was loving it, and having a great time of it!! He's truly a class act!
    Louisville show in 2 days!!!!!
    I love hearing how cool the vibe is at these shows. July 17th can't come soon enough. :D
  • Gary CarterGary Carter Posts: 14,067
    Yeah, it was MAYDAY festival with Chevelle, operator, 3 days grace etc... I know I'm gettin old, but dam, what a freak show.

Also, he said he and the band will be touring a lot for the NEXT TWO YEARS!!! TWO YEARS???? WOW...............
    if thats true, then thats gonna be bad ass for people who missed out this tour.
    Ron: I just don't feel like going out tonight
    Sammi: Wanna just break up?

• PJammin'PJammin' Posts: 1,901
    I love hearing how cool the vibe is at these shows. July 17th can't come soon enough. :D

actually, cornell is on fire!
    I died. I died and you just stood there. I died and you watched. I died and you walked by and said no. I'm dead.
    PJammin' wrote:

I might go to the Denver show also. :D
    PJammin' wrote:

I concur. This mans voice has never been better. I mean, are you kidding me?? He played MILAN approx. 36 hours before INDY. So, he plays a show in Milan Thursday evening, flies his ass all the way back to the states, to INDY and then puts on an amazing show like he did!!!!!! Almost fucking impossible!! I'm jet lagged for DAYS when I go back and forth like that and he pulls out a gem of a show! Amazing!!!!!!!