Cornell Cincy Review

binauralsoundsbinauralsounds Posts: 1,357
edited June 2007 in Other Music
Just when I thought after 2 shows, that this bad mofo was on fire, he and the band proved me WRONG! They turned into an INFERNO tonight!!

Tonight at bogarts, You could really sense Chris LOVED playing such a small venue (bout 2000 capacity, and it was PACKED), almost like back in the old days! He even said he had played the Bogarts Stage mayb 5 times, and that was his home away from home! He was very talkative tonight, more so than the previous 2 shows I caught. Cracking jokes, ("Hey, there's my STALLION GUY, DID YOU WASH THAT THING AT LEAST"?) HAHAHAHAH, you know who you are. Dude you fuckin rock!!! To... "Stallion, what's the next song??, nah, maybe next time"
For those that don't know, just seek the fucking ITALIAN STALLION ON HERE!! LMAO!!!!!!!!!!!!!! FUCKING CLASSIC!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Anyhoo..... The band BLAZED tonight, and Chris was a freaking MONSTER!!!!! Again, totally at peace with the venue, the crowd, EVERYTHING. And just when I started getting bummed Chris doesn't mix the setlists, He fucking threw me a nice curve ball. HERE WE GO!!!!!!!!!!!

Here is the setlist in ORDER this time:

Spoonman
LET ME DROWN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Show Me How To Live
No Such Thing
Be Yourself
Hunger Strike
What You Are
Rusty Cage
Sunshower
--Acoustic Set--
Can't Change Me
I Am The Highway
Scar On The Sky
ALL NIGHT THING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Doesn't Remind Me (band joined in half way)
--Full Band--
Cochise
Outshined
You Know My Name
Billie Jean
Like A Stone
LOUD LOVE!!!!!!!!!!
Jesus Christ Pose
--Encore 1--
My Wave
Seasons
Black Hole Sun
--Encore 2--
She'll Never Be Your Man
Slaves and Bulldozers

Other than goin thru Nati to get to the show, it was great. Somebody needs to nuke part of the Nati and restart!! What a fuckin dump!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• dharma69dharma69 Posts: 1,275
    LOUD LOVE!!!!!!!!!!
    Jesus Christ Pose
    --Encore 1--
    My Wave
    Seasons
    That right there is reason enough to go and see him.

My Wave....oye.
    "I'm here to see Pearl Jam."- Bono

...signed...the token black Pearl Jam fan.

FaceSpace
  • binauralsoundsbinauralsounds Posts: 1,357
    dharma69 wrote:
    That right there is reason enough to go and see him.

My Wave....oye.

LOL. Kick ass show
    icarus wrote:
    i don't mean to be a dick but there is a chris cornell tour thread on page 1.

I don't mean to be a dick, but there is now a CINCY review on page 1 for TRUE Cornell Fans that don't want to go thru the entire thread to find the review.
    Not bein a dick, but if you don't want to read the review, stick to the chris cornell tour thread on page 1.

signed,

Citizen Dick
  • YieldedYielded Posts: 839
    Wow, wow, wow... Now I would have killed to see that show, and that's saying a lot after having seen him on this tour already :)
    "We get these pills to swallow... how they stick in your throat... Tastes like gold..."
  • facepollutionfacepollution Posts: 6,834
    LET ME DROWN?! There had better be a bootleg of this!!
  • Vedderman23Vedderman23 Posts: 859
    Any chance anyone was taping this?
    "Fuck the talkin', let's start rocking." - E.V. 9-5-00

8/25/98, 8/21/00, 9/5/00, 4/26/03, 5/3/03, 6/24/03, 9/28/05, 10/03/05, 5/20/06, 6/23/06, EV 8/16/08, EV 6/18/09, 5/20/10, 9/15/11, 10/11/13, 10/27/13, 10/1/14, 8/20/16, 8/22/16, TOTD 11/7/16, 8/18/18, 9/2/18, 9/4/18, 9/11/22, 9/14/22, 8/26/24, 9/12/24, 9/27/24, 9/29/24
  • OMG WOW!!!

3 shows you've been to now Binaural?!?! I am sooo Jealous!!!

I am going to Massey Hall...but thats it...unless some kind Torontonian wants to drive me to Detroit.

I am getting so pumped for my show!!!! Can't wait!!

I hope there are some boots coming soon.
    "Rock and roll is something that can't be quantified, sometimes it's not even something you hear, but FEEL!" - Bob Lefsetz
    OMG WOW!!!

3 shows you've been to now Binaural?!?! I am sooo Jealous!!!

I am going to Massey Hall...but thats it...unless some kind Torontonian wants to drive me to Detroit.

I am getting so pumped for my show!!!! Can't wait!!

I hope there are some boots coming soon.

Hey ACC... Yeah, it was my 3rd and last show. It has been amazing seeing him 3 times after waiting so long.
    You will love it when you see him!!!

Here is the poster from last nights show. Mine, along with others are signed by the Artist of poster...

http://www.expressobeans.com/public/detail.php/59458
  • mxaaronmxaaron Posts: 92
    Yeah, amazing show. Thw setlist didn't vary much from Louisville, but hey, we did get "All night thing" and "Let me drown", which alone were well worth the drive to Cincy (and who doesn't mind to hear JCP or Seasons twice in a week?). Compared to Louisville, the crowd seemed a little more energetic in Cincy and the venue (although not near as nice as the Palace) seemed more suitable for a concert such as this. I'm just disapointed it's my last show, and that I did not grab a poster...

Out of curiosity, what song did the "Italian Stallion" request, which Chris said "maybe next time"? Just wondering....
  • Let Me Drown? Amazing. Best setlist of the tour so far I'd wager.
    Yo STALLION, which friggin song did you Request?????????? Cmon Stallion, let us know!!

LOL!
  • Vedderman23Vedderman23 Posts: 859
    Here is the poster from last nights show. Mine, along with others are signed by the Artist of poster...

http://www.expressobeans.com/public/detail.php/59458

Yeah, waiting for mine to come in the mail direct from bmethe. Can't wait to see it. They are all s/n.

See anyone taping the show by chance?
    "Fuck the talkin', let's start rocking." - E.V. 9-5-00

8/25/98, 8/21/00, 9/5/00, 4/26/03, 5/3/03, 6/24/03, 9/28/05, 10/03/05, 5/20/06, 6/23/06, EV 8/16/08, EV 6/18/09, 5/20/10, 9/15/11, 10/11/13, 10/27/13, 10/1/14, 8/20/16, 8/22/16, TOTD 11/7/16, 8/18/18, 9/2/18, 9/4/18, 9/11/22, 9/14/22, 8/26/24, 9/12/24, 9/27/24, 9/29/24
    Yeah, waiting for mine to come in the mail direct from bmethe. Can't wait to see it. They are all s/n.

See anyone taping the show by chance?

Unfortunately not. who knows tho. I wish Chris would go the PJ way as far as boots are concerned. SO many want official boots of his shows!
  • Indian SummerIndian Summer Posts: 2,296
    mxaaron wrote:
    Out of curiosity, what song did the "Italian Stallion" request, which Chris said "maybe next time"? Just wondering....

I requested "Times of Trouble", but got shot down.

Where the hell were you guys? Granted i was drinking a lot, but I still don't remember meeting anyone or seeing any PJ shirts.
    "It's all happening"

Where the hell were you guys? Granted i was drinking a lot, but I still don't remember meeting anyone or seeing any PJ shirts.

Wife and I were in the back. She gets these freakin spells where she dam near wants to pass out sometimes at concerts. Yeah, bummer, but I had to look out for her!
    As soon as he spotted ya, I laughed so hard and so did my wife. Freaking great moment!
    Wife and I were in the back. She gets these freakin spells where she dam near wants to pass out sometimes at concerts. Yeah, bummer, but I had to look out for her!
    As soon as he spotted ya, I laughed so hard and so did my wife. Freaking great moment!

He actually saw me as soon as he came out on stage, he pointed at me and smiled...then he talked to me after the 3 or 4th song. I was basically two heads back from the rail almost dead center, plus I'm 6'5'' so its kinda hard to miss me. Classic, My wife and friends went nuts. Great energy at that show.
    "It's all happening"
  • cincybearcatcincybearcat Posts: 16,356

There were a ton of PJ shirts in the crowd.

Nice selection, wish they could've played it. It was a great night...2 songs I would have wanted to hear a ton and didn't..."Say Hello to Heavan" and "Wooden Jesus". Finally, after 19 or so PJ concerts I get to see Hunger Strike!!!!
    hippiemom = goodness
  • 1prljmfn1prljmfn Posts: 5
    I was there and would love to have it !

P.S. I have an extra poster for trade only if anyone is interested.
    Cincy 2000, Las Vegas 2000, Columbus 2003, Hershey 2003, Toledo 2004, Cincy 2006, Tampa 2008....
    There were a ton of PJ shirts in the crowd.

Nice selection, wish they could've played it. It was a great night...2 songs I would have wanted to hear a ton and didn't..."Say Hello to Heavan" and "Wooden Jesus". Finally, after 19 or so PJ concerts I get to see Hunger Strike!!!!

He did Say Hello to Heaven on tuesday night in Louisville, and it was spot on!
    "It's all happening"
  • facepollutionfacepollution Posts: 6,834
    He did Say Hello to Heaven on tuesday night in Louisville, and it was spot on!

urgh, I felt utterly robbed when he didn't do Say Hello 2 Heaven at the Astoria show - he's done it at nearly all of the other shows, I was front row, dead centre, and towards the end I shouted it out, and he looked at me, and I gave a 'pleeeeeaaaassseee', and he kind of looked awkward and turned away - the fucker!!! got my fingers crossed he'll bust it out at the Hyde Park show I'm going to in a few weeks, where he's supporting Aerosmith - although I'm not sure he would bother playing it, cause he'll probably just do the 'hits' -who knows?