Foo Fighters Indianapolis

binauralsoundsbinauralsounds Posts: 1,357
edited July 2008 in Other Music
WOW!!!!!!!!!! One hell of a show they put on tonight!!!!!!! Dave is funny as shit!!!!!!
Glad I finally got to see them live!!!!!!!!!!!! I want to see them again NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• red mosred mos Posts: 4,953
    WOW!!!!!!!!!! One hell of a show they put on tonight!!!!!!! Dave is funny as shit!!!!!!
    Glad I finally got to see them live!!!!!!!!!!!! I want to see them again NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Glad you got to see them.They are bad ass live, I've seen them 3 times. They get shit on around here but their live show is awesome. :D
    PJ: 10/14/00 06/09/03 10/4/09 11/15/13 11/16/13 10/08/14
    EV Solo: 7/11/11 11/12/12 11/13/12
  • dharma69dharma69 Posts: 1,275
    WOW!!!!!!!!!! I want to see them again NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Welcome to the club :cool:.
    "I'm here to see Pearl Jam."- Bono

...signed...the token black Pearl Jam fan.

FaceSpace
  • binauralsoundsbinauralsounds Posts: 1,357
    I was stunned how good they are live! I thought it would be a good show, but they blew my doors off!! Dave is a freakin maniac.....
    The stage coming down from the ceiling in the back of the arena was KICK ASS!!!!!!
    Just wish I could remember the set..

Pics...

http://s73.photobucket.com/albums/i219/Binauralsounds/Foo%20Fighters%20Indy%207-23-08/
  • dharma69dharma69 Posts: 1,275
    I had a conversation with someone who'd finally seen Foo live last week and she, too, was ridiculously blown away. It was pure rock and roll. Many bands out there know how to rock but they're so damned serious about it all that they forget the roll; the sheer fun and joy with the music. Enter The Foo Fighters and their frontman extraordinaire.

Grohl & company know how to kick your ass with the riffs and the drums and the bass and the melodies and Dave's maniacal screams and neck breaking headbanging but they also invite you to the party and welcome you there with smiles and humility and fun. And drop a couple dozen f-bombs in the process and still have it feel like a family show.
    "I'm here to see Pearl Jam."- Bono

...signed...the token black Pearl Jam fan.

FaceSpace
    dharma69 wrote:
    I had a conversation with someone who'd finally seen Foo live last week and she, too, was ridiculously blown away. It was pure rock and roll. Many bands out there know how to rock but they're so damned serious about it all that they forget the roll; the sheer fun and joy with the music. Enter The Foo Fighters and their frontman extraordinaire.

Grohl & company know how to kick your ass with the riffs and the drums and the bass and the melodies and Dave's maniacal screams and neck breaking headbanging but they also invite you to the party and welcome you there with smiles and humility and fun. And drop a couple dozen f-bombs in the process and still have it feel like a family show.

Couldn't have said it better myself. I can't wait to see them again. Simply Incredible!! Dave's a damn comedian. He had the arena laughing throughout the night.
  • a5pja5pj Posts: 3,882
    if you wanna go to pittsburgh i have 2 ga tix im trying to get rid of :D
    Wouldn't it be funny if the world ended in 2010, with lots of fire?

Couldn't have said it better myself. I can't wait to see them again. Simply Incredible!! Dave's a damn comedian. He had the arena laughing throughout the night.
    That is one of the best parts about their show. I still remember quotes Dave said from all 3 shows.
    One of my favorites was the first time I saw the band, on the color and the shape tour. The band started monkey wrench, and all of a sudden Dave's guitar starts sounding like shit. The band stopped, and Dave held up his guitar and is holding a busted Guitar string and goes "Guess that's what I get for rockin the fuck out too hard" We all cheered and Laughed. :D Roadie brings out new guitar and all is well. :D

Glad you had a great time.
  • edvedderrocksedvedderrocks Posts: 1,001
    they are great live! Dave is hilarious. He had one of the guys do a triangle solo. It was funny (& good!) can't wait to see them again. My opinion of them totoally changed.
    "I knew all the rules, but the rules did not know me. Guaranteed."

1996 Merriweather, MD; 1998 Camden, NJ; 2000 Camden, NJ; 2003 Camden, NJ; 2005 Philly, PA; 2006 Camden, NJ(nights 1 & 2); 2006 Arnhem, NED; 2008 Camden, NJ(nights 1 & 2), Washington DC, MSG(night 2) 2009 Philly Spectrum Shows(nights 1,2,3,4) 2010 Hartford,CT and MSG(night 2)

ED Solo - 2008 Washington DC, 2009 Philly, PA(nights 1&2)*Met Eddie =)
    red mos wrote:
    That is one of the best parts about their show. I still remember quotes Dave said from all 3 shows.
    One of my favorites was the first time I saw the band, on the color and the shape tour. The band started monkey wrench, and all of a sudden Dave's guitar starts sounding like shit. The band stopped, and Dave held up his guitar and is holding a busted Guitar string and goes "Guess that's what I get for rockin the fuck out too hard" We all cheered and Laughed. :D Roadie brings out new guitar and all is well. :D

Glad you had a great time.

At the back stage he started a song acoustically.... He started it and then said, ya know... this song would sound so much better if I had a new f'n guitar and just smashed this piece of shit... he asked if he should and after toying with the crowd, took off his original and smashed the hell out of it and started throwin pieces of it to the crowd.

Last night after the triangle solo, he said... you guys just saw the first fucker over the age of 7 do a solo on the triangle. HA! PRICELESS

Anytime the come close again, I am there! Don't get me wrong.. I love PJ and have seen them quite a few times... But ole Dave and the Foos are somethin else:)

Speakin of which.. Here is the link to Dave trashin the guitar. HA
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=ZuV9h0LbYmY
  • Yeah, the energy last night was crazy. As mentioned in previous posts, I was also blown away. I liked the show so much I am contemplating whether or not to go to Cleveland tomorrow to see it again.
    At the back stage he started a song acoustically.... He started it and then said, ya know... this song would sound so much better if I had a new f'n guitar and just smashed this piece of shit... he asked if he should and after toying with the crowd, took off his original and smashed the hell out of it and started throwin pieces of it to the crowd.

Last night after the triangle solo, he said... you guys just saw the first fucker over the age of 7 do a solo on the triangle. HA! PRICELESS

Anytime the come close again, I am there! Don't get me wrong.. I love PJ and have seen them quite a few times... But ole Dave and the Foos are somethin else:)

Speakin of which.. Here is the link to Dave trashin the guitar. HA
    http://youtube.com/watch?v=ZuV9h0LbYmY

awesome! :D
  • weenieweenie Posts: 1,623

AGREED!! They are my #2 band and I freakin love Davey. He is funny as hell and has the best scream in rock. I have GA tix to the Pitts show too but can't afford to go due to currently being unemployed. I'm HATING missing this b/c music peeps in Pittsburgh are way cool and I'm sure it would be another freaking awesome show. Last saw them in March which was TOO long ago.
    ~I want to realize brotherhood or identity not merely with the beings called human, but I want to realize identity with all life, even with such things as crawl upon earth.~
    Mohandas K. Gandhi

~I once had a sparrow alight upon my shoulder for a moment, while I was hoeing in a village garden, and I felt that I was more distinguished by that circumstance than I should have been by any epaulette I could have worn.~
    Henry David Thoreau
    Bookin vacation now to catch them at the Hard Rock in Vegas:D
    Another funny ass moment from last night

http://youtube.com/watch?v=DboAIzOc9XQ
    Hopin to score Vegas tix tomm. I still don't get how Ed Ved tix are higher than Foo Fighters considering the Foos are playing a small gig at the Joint in the Hard Rock. Oh well...:D
  • dave should stay behind the kit
    Fav. Bands
    My Morning Jacket
    Pearl Jam
    Neil Young
    Wilco
    Tool
    Rush
    Drive By Truckers

pj shows
    8/17/98
    8/15/00