Got my Foo Fighter tix. OHHH YEAH!

binauralsoundsbinauralsounds Posts: 1,357
edited May 2008 in Other Music
Anyone here seen them live? I can't wait. This will be 1st time for me. Seeing them in INDY 7-23 and got dam good tix:)
Section 4 close to stage on floor. HEEEELLLL YEAH!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• PaukPauk Posts: 1,084
    Seen them 11 times... 12 and 13 will be the 2 nights at Wembley.

Their live show is great, extremely consistent. Many complain the setlist is hardly changed since the one by one tour, but that shouldn't dampen it for you since it's your first show. Enjoy!
    Paul
    '06 - London, Dublin, Reading
    '07 - Katowice, Wembley, Dusseldorf, Copenhagen, Nijmegen
    '09 - London, Manchester, London
    '12 - Manchester, Manchester, Berlin, Stockholm, Copenhagen
  • edvedder913edvedder913 Posts: 1,810
    saw them at MSG in February - definitely a good show.
  • Hitch-HikerHitch-Hiker Posts: 2,873
    Seen them 3 times. Seen very good and very bad. I have deduced that you're far better off seeing them at an indoor venue.
    I'll Ride The Wave Where It Takes Me
  • edvedderrocksedvedderrocks Posts: 1,001
    saw them in Feb at the Spectrum in Philly. They were awesome!
    "I knew all the rules, but the rules did not know me. Guaranteed."

1996 Merriweather, MD; 1998 Camden, NJ; 2000 Camden, NJ; 2003 Camden, NJ; 2005 Philly, PA; 2006 Camden, NJ(nights 1 & 2); 2006 Arnhem, NED; 2008 Camden, NJ(nights 1 & 2), Washington DC, MSG(night 2) 2009 Philly Spectrum Shows(nights 1,2,3,4) 2010 Hartford,CT and MSG(night 2)

ED Solo - 2008 Washington DC, 2009 Philly, PA(nights 1&2)*Met Eddie =)
  • binauralsoundsbinauralsounds Posts: 1,357
    I'm stoked!!! Thanks for the feedback. Can't believe i got such dam good seats. It's ON!!:)
  • pureocpureoc Posts: 2,383
    They are literally playing my back yard at the end of August for the Harley 105 anniversary party. My appartment overlooks the park they are playing at. I'm hoping to go but if not I can just open up my window and I'm sure I'll be able to hear the show.
    Alpine Valley 6/26/98, Alpine Valley 10/8/00, Champaign 4/23/03, Chicago 6/18/03, Alpine Valley 6/21/03, Grand Rapids 10/3/04
    Chicago 5/16/06, Chicago 5/17/06, Grand Rapids 5/19/06
    Milwaukee 6/29/06, Milwaukee 6/30/06, Lollapalooza 8/5/07
    Eddie Solo Milwaukee 8/19/08, Toronto 8/21/09, Chicago 8/23/09
    Chicago 8/24/09, Indianapolis 5/7/10, Ed Chicago 6/29/11, Alpine Valley 9/3/11 and 9/4/11, Wrigley 7/19/13, Moline 10/18/14, Milwaukee 10/20/14
  • Murderers.Murderers. Posts: 1,382
    fowls wrote:

Their live show is great, extremely consistent. Many complain the setlist is hardly changed since the one by one tour, but that shouldn't dampen it for you since it's your first show. Enjoy!
    I'll be there on Saturday. I think I recognise you from the Foo board. :)
    What the fuck is this world?
  • keeponrockinkeeponrockin Posts: 7,446
    http://www.facebook.com/photo.php?pid=500310&l=0fb5f&id=512465746

My brother's in the blue and I"m to his right, front row, dead centre!

Awesome night.
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
  • russmcrussmc Posts: 91
    I'm gonna see them at the Virgin Festival in August!
    Surreal Art that Entices the Mind
    http://www.russmcintosh.com
  • pjoasisrulepjoasisrule Posts: 3,412
    pureoc wrote:
    They are literally playing my back yard at the end of August for the Harley 105 anniversary party. My appartment overlooks the park they are playing at. I'm hoping to go but if not I can just open up my window and I'm sure I'll be able to hear the show.

Such a mix of bands at that festival.........some great ones, some total crap
    Alpine Valley 2000
    Summerfest 2006

"Why would they come to our concert just to boo us?" -Lisa Simpson
  • BoomerBoomer Posts: 50
    I have two floor tickets for sale for the show at Izod in New Jersey.

Face value of course.
    Canada, says Ament, holds a special place in the band's heart because of its international policies and its decision to stay out of the war in Iraq.

25 May 2005
    The Canadian Press
  • pureocpureoc Posts: 2,383
    Such a mix of bands at that festival.........some great ones, some total crap

Agreed. Don't really consider the Foo's to be Harley/ Biker rock, but I'll take a concert of theirs out my window!
    Alpine Valley 6/26/98, Alpine Valley 10/8/00, Champaign 4/23/03, Chicago 6/18/03, Alpine Valley 6/21/03, Grand Rapids 10/3/04
    Chicago 5/16/06, Chicago 5/17/06, Grand Rapids 5/19/06
    Milwaukee 6/29/06, Milwaukee 6/30/06, Lollapalooza 8/5/07
    Eddie Solo Milwaukee 8/19/08, Toronto 8/21/09, Chicago 8/23/09
    Chicago 8/24/09, Indianapolis 5/7/10, Ed Chicago 6/29/11, Alpine Valley 9/3/11 and 9/4/11, Wrigley 7/19/13, Moline 10/18/14, Milwaukee 10/20/14
  • JP2026766JP2026766 Posts: 1,125
    To be honest, I saw them co headline with Weezer a couple years back, and I wasnt impressed. Weezer blew them out of the water.

Mansfield II '08

EV Solo Shows:

NYC I
    NJPAC

I. LOVE. YIELD.
  • vedderfan10vedderfan10 Posts: 2,497
    Saw them for the first time last month (in Vancouver)...great show, full of energy...and extremely well-rehearsed...they played great, don't get me wrong, but I thought they lacked sponteneity...however, I really enjoyed their show...the Bridge in 2006 was better, in my opinion...less affected...

The Vancouver show WAS great -- did the whole scream along and jump up & down and dance...very enjoyable concert! You'll have a blast... :)
    be philanthropic
  • pearljammin41pearljammin41 Posts: 465
    saw them in memphis.... helluva show
    Murderers wrote:
    I'll be there on Saturday. I think I recognise you from the Foo board. :)
    really?! I haven't used the moniker fowls there for years.
    Paul
  • red mosred mos Posts: 4,953
    Seen them 3 times many years apart but they are absolutely amazing live. You will have a great time. Be sure to let us know how it is. :D
    PJ: 10/14/00 06/09/03 10/4/09 11/15/13 11/16/13 10/08/14
    EV Solo: 7/11/11 11/12/12 11/13/12
    fowls wrote:
    really?! I haven't used the moniker fowls there for years.
    Pauk, is it not? :)
  • binauralsoundsbinauralsounds Posts: 1,357
    red mos wrote:
    Seen them 3 times many years apart but they are absolutely amazing live. You will have a great time. Be sure to let us know how it is. :D

Dam, I'm really pumped up now about this. Oh, don't worry, I'll let you know how it is. Ohh yeah:)
  • chimechime Posts: 7,838
    fowls wrote:

The Saturday at Wembley will be 7 for me. I always enjoy the live show. Although the set list isn't widely varied as the most I've seen them is twice on one tour I've always got a few different songs.
    So are we strangers now? Like rock and roll and the radio?
    Chime wrote:
    The Saturday at Wembley will be 7 for me. I always enjoy the live show. Although the set list isn't widely varied as the most I've seen them is twice on one tour I've always got a few different songs.
    I've only seen them on the OBO and IYH tours, these will be the first of the ESPG tour for me. I would much rather give up a few of the 11 to have the chance to see them back on the TCATS or TINLTL tours! I've pretty much seen the same setlist 11 times + a few new songs each tour, although I've been lucky enough to see a few special one offs. I wouldn't go so often if they werent so good live... damn them.
    Murderers wrote:
    Pauk, is it not? :)
    You're observant :D What's your name over there?
    Paul
    fowls wrote:
    I've only seen them on the OBO and IYH tours, these will be the first of the ESPG tour for me. I would much rather give up a few of the 11 to have the chance to see them back on the TCATS or TINLTL tours! I've pretty much seen the same setlist 11 times + a few new songs each tour, although I've been lucky enough to see a few special one offs. I wouldn't go so often if they werent so good live... damn them.

I've been lucky too. Take it you've seen a few of the secret shows. I managed to get tickets to a couple. It's definately all about how great they are live :)
    Yeah I was at the Astoria show 05 and Underworld show (06?). I was offered my friend's spare to the Dingwalls gig but I couldn't make it, been kicking myself about that a bit but oh well. Astoria gig was probably the best show Ive seen of them. Hoping for a secret gig in Manchester on friday or saturday seeing as theres been secret gigs before the summer shows for the past few years, but doesn't look like it'll be happening :(
    Paul
    fowls wrote:
    Yeah I was at the Astoria show 05 and Underworld show (06?). I was offered my friend's spare to the Dingwalls gig but I couldn't make it, been kicking myself about that a bit but oh well. Astoria gig was probably the best show Ive seen of them. Hoping for a secret gig in Manchester on friday or saturday seeing as theres been secret gigs before the summer shows for the past few years, but doesn't look like it'll be happening :(

I was doing that quiz on the bbc website everyday for Astoria '03 and didn't get in :( Was at Underworld ... although all I could see of Taylor was his arms 'cause of all the equipment on the tiny stage :D ... I did go to Dingwalls and for me that was the best I've seen them. I too was hoping for secret gig news but nothing. They're cutting it a bit fine with getting the Wembley tickets out as well :o
    Chime wrote:
    I was doing that quiz on the bbc website everyday for Astoria '03 and didn't get in :( Was at Underworld ... although all I could see of Taylor was his arms 'cause of all the equipment on the tiny stage :D ... I did go to Dingwalls and for me that was the best I've seen them. I too was hoping for secret gig news but nothing. They're cutting it a bit fine with getting the Wembley tickets out as well :o
    03 was Mean Fiddler. I came 2nd on the radio 1 chatroom competition for that and then the person who won decided they couldnt make it. Instead of giving it to 2nd they decided to ask another question. I was a touch pissed off, but it's all water under the bridge. I got my Astoria and that's all that matters. With seeing Pearl Jam at the Astoria too I feel like I've had my lifetime's supply of good luck already.

To be honest I'm a touch nonchalent about foos these days. 11 times is enough at the best of times. I like them and all, but I don't think I'll ever be pissed off if I miss out again. Had my fill.
    Paul
  • drlovemonkeydrlovemonkey Posts: 394
    Saw them in Feb in Worcester - thought it was a great show. I especially loved the acoustic set.
    fowls wrote:

You're observant :D What's your name over there?
    :D

Erase/Replace

I'm not a huge poster though. The PJ board is much better. ;)
    Murderers wrote:
    :D

Erase/Replace

I'm not a huge poster though. The PJ board is much better. ;)
    :eek: They've killed people for less!
    Paul
  • red mosred mos Posts: 4,953
    Dam, I'm really pumped up now about this. Oh, don't worry, I'll let you know how it is. Ohh yeah:)
    Awesome Bro! :D Besides the live show, the Foos also keep their T shirts pretty reasonably priced like in the $25 dollar range, so I also appreciate that knowing most bands seem to charge about $35-$40. Dave is also pretty entertaining to listen to when he starts talking about whats on his mind.

I did notice though in terms of T shirts that it is not just PJ using the paper thin cotton now. My last Foo fighters shirt I bought in January 08 is real paper thin as opposed to the thicker cotton from the 2005 IYH shirt I got from the Weezer co headline tour, just a heads up. :)
    PJ: 10/14/00 06/09/03 10/4/09 11/15/13 11/16/13 10/08/14
    EV Solo: 7/11/11 11/12/12 11/13/12
  • luke.harvey3luke.harvey3 Posts: 283
    me and a friend are going to the manchester show on monday!
    my second time seeing them(saw them a few years back in birmingham) and my mates 1st time... his first ever gig infact!!