I just burned a WHO CD for an 8 year old....

Indian SummerIndian Summer Posts: 2,296
edited October 2007 in Other Music
my nephew heard "The Seeker" on the new Guitar Hero PS2 game, and liked it...and asked me if I had any WHO CD's!!!!!!!

This game could very well save our children from Hip Hop!!!!!!!
"It's all happening"
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• anothercloneanotherclone Posts: 1,688
    saving the kids, one at a time. ;)
  • fadafada Posts: 1,032
    Good to hear. WAs in the pub last night and the minors came in after the match and its all this awful dance music.
  • My 12 year old son knows all the words to Baba O'Riley and Won't Get Fooled Again - got 'em on his i-Pod. His favourite bands are the Who, Cream and Hendrix.
    www.myspace.com/clareobrienwright
    www.chriscornell.org.uk
  • anothercloneanotherclone Posts: 1,688
    BTW, I just read about a Who documentary that will be on VH1 this weekend. Its called "Amazing Journey: The Story of the Who". Kind of a cheesy title.
  • AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    i'm planning on getting our 10 year old girl Quadrophenia one of these next Christmas'.
  • hendrix78hendrix78 Posts: 507
    my nephew heard "The Seeker" on the new Guitar Hero PS2 game, and liked it...and asked me if I had any WHO CD's!!!!!!!

It's not so much hip hop that our children need saving from as it is crappy emo-punk wannabe so-called rock bands that dominate the air waves of rock radio these days. I'd much prefer my kid to listen to Public Enemy or Tribe Called Quest than Fall Out Boy or Blink 182.

Good to hear your young nephew is developing good taste, though. A few months ago, I saw a clip of a band of 11 or 12 year olds rocking a cover of Rockin In the Free World and I thought to myself "there is hope for the world."
  • Jeremy1012Jeremy1012 Posts: 7,170
    sigh... my least favourite of all common musical generalisations.

the crap music you are referring to is not hip-hop. it's rap music. rap is something you do (ie, chingy or lil jon), hip-hop is something you live (ie, KRS-One, A Tribe Called Quest)

Nice that he likes the Who though. that's cool/
    "I remember one night at Muzdalifa with nothing but the sky overhead, I lay awake amid sleeping Muslim brothers and I learned that pilgrims from every land — every colour, and class, and rank; high officials and the beggar alike — all snored in the same language"
  • catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    kids are great when they ask you to burn music for them. my 8 year old's last
    ask was for nirvana-with the lights out disc1 and woodface - crowded house.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Jeremy1012 wrote:
    sigh... my least favourite of all common musical generalisations.

the crap music you are referring to is not hip-hop. it's rap music. rap is something you do (ie, chingy or lil jon), hip-hop is something you live (ie, KRS-One, A Tribe Called Quest)/

Either way, its saving him from that garbage.
    "It's all happening"