Saw Jack Johnson for the first time last night in Indy...

Indian SummerIndian Summer Posts: 2,296
edited June 2008 in Other Music
He was amazing. I wasn't really looking forward to the show....my wife is really into him, and I like a song here and there, but overall think he's kind of boring. But his live show is incredible. So smooth. The guys in his band are all talented. Had a great time, despite the traffic (second time I've been to a show in Indy, and the traffic sucked both times).

Anyway, I'm gonna watch his performance again tonight on Fuse at Bonnaroo.
"It's all happening"
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• edvedderrocksedvedderrocks Posts: 1,001
    seeing him in August. totally different from the kind of concerts I usually see, but should be a nice relaxing one, none the less.
    "I knew all the rules, but the rules did not know me. Guaranteed."

1996 Merriweather, MD; 1998 Camden, NJ; 2000 Camden, NJ; 2003 Camden, NJ; 2005 Philly, PA; 2006 Camden, NJ(nights 1 & 2); 2006 Arnhem, NED; 2008 Camden, NJ(nights 1 & 2), Washington DC, MSG(night 2) 2009 Philly Spectrum Shows(nights 1,2,3,4) 2010 Hartford,CT and MSG(night 2)

ED Solo - 2008 Washington DC, 2009 Philly, PA(nights 1&2)*Met Eddie =)
  • Indian SummerIndian Summer Posts: 2,296
    He seems to be a pretty "real" guy. At the end of his encore set, he announced that all of the money from the show was going to the Local Red Cross for flood relief. Nice to see somebody do that on a whim like that.

I'll definitely be watching for him each tour from now on....even looking to buy a dvd or two of his.
    "It's all happening"
  • Had a great time, despite the traffic (second time I've been to a show in Indy, and the traffic sucked both times).

Was the show at Deer Creek (AKA Verizon Wireless Music Center)? That traffic always sucks. The best thing to do is just hang out in or by your car for an extra half hour after the show ends until the traffic dies down a bit.
  • Jack Johnson is amazing! When he first came out on the radio (about 8 years ago), I immediately went out to buy his cd. When someone would come over the house, I would play him and they would always ask me to burn the cd for them. It's great to see that he's come so far. I still listen to at least one of his cds once a week. I love his take on life and his simplicity. He was also great in concert, but the "nature/surfer" vibe was definitely missing. I saw him in Philly, so no surprise there.
    I will hold the candle until it burns up my arm. I'll keep taking punches until their will grows tired. I will stare the sun down until my eyes go blind. I won't change direction and I won't change my mind.
  • I'm a fan, have yet to see him in concert though! I always thought he'd be a snoozer live, but a friend gave me a live show . . . WOW! Going to see him in August at APW. Can't wait :)
  • Indian SummerIndian Summer Posts: 2,296
    Was the show at Deer Creek (AKA Verizon Wireless Music Center)? That traffic always sucks. The best thing to do is just hang out in or by your car for an extra half hour after the show ends until the traffic dies down a bit.

yeah it was at Deer Creek (great venue), but we waited 45 minutes in our car for traffic to get moving, and then the local police routed the traffic though some back roads which had to be at least 10 miles out of the way, to get back to the interstate.....It should have been a 2 hour trip back to Louisville, but It took nearly 4 hours. Crazy. Still worth it though....next time I see a show Up there, I'm camping across the street.
    "It's all happening"