Army of Anyone

Indian SummerIndian Summer Posts: 2,296
edited November 2006 in Other Music
anyone get the first single "goodbye".........i just downloaded it and have listened to it a few times.......its not grabbing my the way STP did, but I guess It'll have to do. Why the hell can't Weiland and the Deleo's realize that their new bands suck, and will never have the chemistry that STP did!?!?
"It's all happening"
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• that's a bit harsh. i don't think Richard Patrick is the worst singer the Deleo's could find
  • he's decent.....good even. I was just a big STP fan, and Have been dissappointed with Velvet Revolver and now this one......perhaps the AOA album will be solid....can't judge them on one song I suppose.
    "It's all happening"
  • bobasfeetbobasfeet Posts: 1,113
    The drums in that song rock.
  • he's decent.....good even. I was just a big STP fan, and Have been dissappointed with Velvet Revolver and now this one......perhaps the AOA album will be solid....can't judge them on one song I suppose.

People who've heard the album reckon it's very good indeed. From what I've heard I think it sounds cool, and I very much doubt Goodbye is gonna be one of the best on the album, singles usually aren't.
  • yosi1yosi1 Posts: 3,272
    I've recently come to terms with the fact that I really don't like Richard Patrick, but I have to say, I'm way more excited for this than VR. The Deleos fucking ROCK, and Ray Luzier seems like a pretty solid drummer. I'm eagerly anticipating this album.
    you couldn't swing if you were hangin' from a palm tree in a hurricane.
  • i kinda agree...

the new AOA song is pretty cool, i love the music/riff, but the filter singer guy is awful. he's one of the worst lyricists of all-time and his voice is mediocre at best.

the odds of STP getting back together are always good though, weiland loves being in the spotlight and an STP reunion would most certainly put him there.
  • LedZepFanLedZepFan Posts: 1,009
    when i heard this song i thought it was pretty cool but i cant help but imagine it with weiland singing and how fucking amazing it would be
    I've faced it, a life wasted, and I'm never going back again.

Some die just to live.
  • I've heard the entire AoA album, and trust me, if you give it a fair chance, and don't compare it to STP, you will be more than pleased. I'm as big an STP fan as you will find, and this album blows me away. Trust me, Goodbye is the weakest song on the album. Don't know why it was chosen as the single, but it's bland compared to the other ten songs. Also, Patrick's lyrics are very good on the rest of the songs, despite how much they lack on Goodbye. So, please give it a fair shake.
    LedZepFan wrote:
    when i heard this song i thought it was pretty cool but i cant help but imagine it with weiland singing and how fucking amazing it would be

I have that same problem. As huge STP fan, even without trying, I just hear how much better Scott would make the sound. The Deleos just (seem to) naturally write music that fit Scott perfectly.
  • yieldtome wrote:
    Also, Patrick's lyrics are very good on the rest of the songs, despite how much they lack on Goodbye. So, please give it a fair shake.

i have no doubt that the music will be amazing on the album; the deleo brothers are some of the best living songwriters today, but i don't know man, i can't get past patrick's past lyrical works. i could never take filter all the seriously because of the dude's weak lyrics and similar melodies in every song.
  • brain of cbrain of c Posts: 5,213
    hey, dad, what do you think about your son now?
  • brain of c wrote:
    hey, dad, what do you think about your son now?

lol

could you take my picture, cause i won't remember
  • The DeLeos are excellent but I think we all have to get used to the fact STP are done, and will never make music again. I like Patrick although I do prefer Weiland. What is the background of this drummer? Where is he from?
    The wind is blowing cold
    Have we lost our way tonight?
    Have we lost our hope to sorrow?

Feels like were all alone
    Running further from what’s right
    And there are no more heroes to follow

So what are we becoming?
    Where did we go wrong?
  • The drummer is Ray Luzier. He's been a prominent session drummer in LA since the late 80's. He is classically trained, and was even an instructor at LA's famed percussion academy, PTI. He most recently was a member of David Lee Roth's band since '98. He is unbelievable good. As good as he sounds at the end of Goodbye, he is superior live. Probably the best drummer I've seen live. That includes Dany Carey.
  • Again, you can't be comparing every thing the Deleos ever do to STP. Frankly, it isn't fair to them. You can't recreate the kinda of thing STP had anytime you want. I've heard 3 or 4 of the AOA songs and I think it'll be one of the best albums of the year easily. Listen to it as AOA and not STP, and i'm guessing you'll agree.
    The Official Matt Cameron appreciation signature!
    Again, you can't be comparing every thing the Deleos ever do to STP. Frankly, it isn't fair to them. You can't recreate the kinda of thing STP had anytime you want. I've heard 3 or 4 of the AOA songs and I think it'll be one of the best albums of the year easily. Listen to it as AOA and not STP, and i'm guessing you'll agree.

I know thats the right way to do it, but its hard. I often just feel it in the music, that it was written for a singer like Scott. Hopefully RP will do a good job with the other songs that I will be so happy with it, that it will allow me not to think about Scott when listening to the music.
  • Just listening to It Doesn't Seem to Matter on their myspace page, it sounds awesome, I think Rich does a great job on the vocals.