anyone heard Chris Cornell's acoustic set from last year?

Indian SummerIndian Summer Posts: 2,296
edited February 2007 in Other Music
A friend passed me a copy of this show and its pretty amazing. It was labeled: Chris Cornell Unplugged in Sweden September 7th, 2006.

set-list:
1 - Doesn't Remind Me (Audioslave)
2 - Like a Stone (Audioslave)
3 - Wide Awake (Audioslave)
4 - Fell on Black Days (Soundgarden)
5 - Be Yourself (Audioslave)
6 - Billie Jean (Michael Jackson cover)
7 - Original Fire (Audioslave)
8 - Redemption Song (Bob Marley cover)
9 - Peace, Love, and Understanding (Elvis Costello cover)
10 - All Night Thing (Temple of the Dog)
11 - Black Hole Sun (Soundgarden)
12 - Call Me a Dog (Temple of the Dog)
13 - Thank You (Led Zeppelin cover)

I must have missed the boat when this show went on, because it was the first I had heard of it, but its pretty badass.
"It's all happening"
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• This is a regular in my playlist rotation. I absolutely love this, Billie Jean and Peace Love and Understanding, no one could do that like Cornell. I am ready for his new solo album.
  • This is a regular in my playlist rotation. I absolutely love this, Billie Jean and Peace Love and Understanding, no one could do that like Cornell. I am ready for his new solo album.

I have a feeling its gonna be heavy in rotation too. Did you catch the part before "Like a Stone" where he said "I don't think I've done this many songs on an acoustic guitar since like 1987 with Matt Cameron"....I'd love to hear that!
    "It's all happening"
  • The only one I heard was Billie Jean.

*shudders*
  • NCBRINCBRI Posts: 1,902
    yeah, that is an awesome little boot there
    Brian
  • somebody needs to remind chris cornell that he came out with a solo album called euphoria morning. i think he forgot.

but it's a good bootleg otherwise.
  • This show is phenomenal, great versions of Michael Jackson and Zeppelin...also Black Hole Sun and Call me a Dog.
    I think there´s another acoustic set from last year but this one is in the BBC...there he plays "you´ve got to hide your love away"
    ...can´t wear my mask, your first my last...
  • Absolutely great performance. This album is perfect for the late night on the dock at the cottage scene. Try it out if you can, I highly recommend it. I'm really hoping his solo album his just him and a guitar and that voice. I love the band thing but this stripped down music just suits him so well and doesnt put so much pressure on his voice.
    "I don't wanna go, from Toronto!!!" - EV '06
  • Dang. All the idiots who say Chris lost his voice need to give this a listen.
  • DOSWDOSW Posts: 2,014
    bryn_cmbs wrote:
    Dang. All the idiots who say Chris lost his voice need to give this a listen.

I really like the boot but his voice is still nowhere near where it used to be. If he did the exact same show except in 1999 or earlier, it would be even better than it already is. His voice still has good tone but it sounds pretty thin.
    It's a town full of losers and I'm pulling out of here to win
  • Lisa81Lisa81 Posts: 132
    Brilliant! Would love to have been there! Does anyone know if he's going to tour?
    www.flickr.com/photos/ljrw
  • Marie CurieMarie Curie Posts: 1,250
    Lisa81 wrote:
    Brilliant! Would love to have been there! Does anyone know if he's going to tour?

He said on interviews that he'll tour to support his new solo album and that he'll be playing music from his entire career.
    “Life is life everywhere. Life is in ourselves and not outside us. There will be men beside me, and the important thing is to be a man among men and to remain a man always, whatever the misfortunes, not to despair and not to fall - that is the aim of life, that is its purpose.”
    Fyodor Dostoyevsky
  • mole1985mole1985 Posts: 1,119
    how can i get a hold of a copy?
    Dublin 2006
    Katowice 2007
    London 2007
    “Life is life everywhere. Life is in ourselves and not outside us. There will be men beside me, and the important thing is to be a man among men and to remain a man always, whatever the misfortunes, not to despair and not to fall - that is the aim of life, that is its purpose.”
    Fyodor Dostoyevsky
  • red mosred mos Posts: 4,953
    Yeah, The chris Cornell accoustic set is pretty damn good. I didn't really like the Billie Jean cover (didn't really sound good accoustic) but other than that the show is bad ass.
    PJ: 10/14/00 06/09/03 10/4/09 11/15/13 11/16/13 10/08/14
    EV Solo: 7/11/11 11/12/12 11/13/12
  • pazmanpazman Posts: 197
    the Led Zep cover of 'Thank You' is damn near perfect

the guitar playing is brilliant! damn brilliant

quality way to finish a quality performance!
    I had it all once I gave it back
  • KirkwoodKirkwood Posts: 228
    I were at a rock bar and started to talk to the bartender about music and stuff, and we started to talk about soundgarden, and he was telling me that Chris cornell had done a solo gig at a place call"O- baren" it´s a really tiny tiny place, the get like 100 people in there. I was so devastated that i missed it. But i was told that it wasn´t official it was all "buisness" people and people who knows the right "people".
    So I think it was pretty lame of Chris Cornell. He could at least make a contest or something, you could win a ticket or so.
    2006 Paris, Prague
    2007 Munich, Katowice, Kopenhaven, Nijmegen
    Kirkwood wrote:
    I were at a rock bar and started to talk to the bartender about music and stuff, and we started to talk about soundgarden, and he was telling me that Chris cornell had done a solo gig at a place call"O- baren" it´s a really tiny tiny place, the get like 100 people in there. I was so devastated that i missed it. But i was told that it wasn´t official it was all "buisness" people and people who knows the right "people".
    So I think it was pretty lame of Chris Cornell. He could at least make a contest or something, you could win a ticket or so.

He was just promoting Revelations. But I think some people won tickets to this concert through a radio station contest (there's someone on this board who attended). I'm sorry you missed it...

EDIT: Found the original thread about this, the guy did win tickets to the gig:
    http://forums.pearljam.com/showthread.php?t=214675
    Fyodor Dostoyevsky
  • If anyone's interested you can find a lot of CC here...including the Sweden show, BBC, etc...kickass stuff here, guys. Peace.

http://www.triadpictures.com/audioslave/index.php?dir=CHRIS%20CORNELL/
    I'M NOT A SLAVE TO A GOD THAT DOESN'T EXIST.
    I'M NOT A SLAVE TO A WORLD THAT DOESN'T GIVE A SHIT.