So Van Halen is gonna make another tour attempt with Dave...

Indian SummerIndian Summer Posts: 2,296
edited August 2007 in Other Music
how many shows in the that tour until it gets canceled? I'll bet it fizzles out during rehearsals.
"It's all happening"
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• how many shows in the that tour until it gets canceled? I'll bet it fizzles out during rehearsals.

rehearsals...You said that with an S...
    YUPERS!
  • tybirdtybird Posts: 17,388
    I heard a rumor that VH-1 was sponsoring the tour where they could film it as their next reality show..........should make "Flava of Love" look like Masterpiece Theater. :D
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • Indian SummerIndian Summer Posts: 2,296
    just read that the bassist (michael anthony) is not going to part of the lineup, and will be replaced by Eddie's son, Wolfgang.
    "It's all happening"
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    tybird wrote:
    I heard a rumor that VH-1 was sponsoring the tour where they could film it as their next reality show..........should make "Flava of Love" look like Masterpiece Theater. :D

oh that'd be tits!!!......and i HATE reality shows......:o :D
  • azwyldcatsazwyldcats Posts: 703
    Yay. Only 25 years too late.
    And I'm not living this life without you, I'm selfish and clear
    And you're not leaving here without me, I don't wanna be without
    My best... friend. Wake up, to see you could have it all
  • nickcat0nickcat0 Posts: 75
    It will probably implode fairly early on .......

Shame , cos I'd love to see the original VH again , but DLR can't cut it anymore and won't have Michael Anthony's backing vocals to bail him out .

If Ed is clean maybe he could just do a 2 hour solo spot ...... that'd be cool .
    Nil Satis Nisi Optimum
    9/9/06
    Everton 3 RS 0
  • JaneNYJaneNY Posts: 4,438
    that tour will happen the same year Chinese Democracy comes out.
    R.i.p. Rigoberto Alpizar.
    R.i.p. My Dad - May 28, 2007
    R.i.p. Black Tail (cat) - Sept. 20, 2008
  • Vedd HeddVedd Hedd Posts: 4,591
    Seriously, is this the old news that they were going to tour, but Eddie Van Halen went into rehab, or is this new news, like Eddie Van Halen is OUT of rehab, and NOW they can tour?
    Turn this anger into
    Nuclear fission
    Vedd Hedd wrote:
    Seriously, is this the old news that they were going to tour, but Eddie Van Halen went into rehab, or is this new news, like Eddie Van Halen is OUT of rehab, and NOW they can tour?
    Post-rehab news.
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
    Vedd Hedd wrote:

official tour announcement set for Monday.

http://www.suntimes.com/entertainment/506209,CST-FTR-van11.article
    "It's all happening"
  • Vedd HeddVedd Hedd Posts: 4,591
    Haha, thanks.

Reamins to be seen if it REALLY will happen, but if it does, I MAY have to be in attendance.
    Turn this anger into
    Nuclear fission
  • AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    the world really needs a DLR fronted Van Halen. i've been waiting for years for this.
  • aNiMaLaNiMaL Posts: 7,117
    the world really needs a DLR fronted Van Halen. i've been waiting for years for this.
    But without Michael Anthony - it just isn't Van Halen. For fucks sake Eddie, pull your head out of your ass and let Anthony play bass.
  • aNiMaLaNiMaL Posts: 7,117
    If I do go to this tour - I think I will boo Wolfgang off the stage and hold up a sign that says "We Want Michael Anothony" - and probably try to get a chant going with the same sentiment.
    I would like to go see Van Halen this time around...but I want to go for like 30-50 bucks max....but I'd be willing to bet they'll team up with some other has been band, and the ticket prices will be more like 75-100 bucks...which I just cannot see myself paying.
    "It's all happening"
  • funkymonkfunkymonk Posts: 279
    I think Van Halen will take some never-has-been band with them on tour and still charge $75-100+/ticket.
    funkymonk wrote:
    I think Van Halen will take some never-has-been band with them on tour and still charge $75-100+/ticket.
    Sounds right.....both times that I saw them w/DLR, the opening act blew chunks.
  • augustwestaugustwest Posts: 739
    how many shows in the that tour until it gets canceled? I'll bet it fizzles out during rehearsals.

Money. It's a gas.