Cold War Kids

NuclearTreeFrogNuclearTreeFrog Posts: 225
edited June 2008 in Other Music
I've only heard a couple a songs by them but they sound interesting. Anyone here like them?
"The sun is shining, but not for me."
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• I have not heard of them, but I dig the band name a ton. Figured I'd speak up.
    E. Lansing-98 Columbus-00,03,10 Detroit-00,03 (1&2),06, 14 Cleveland-03,06,10 Toledo-04, Grand Rapids-04,06 London-05, Toronto-05, Indianapolis 10, East Troy (1&2) 11, Chicago 13, Detroit 14

https://www.facebook.com/aghostwritersapology/
  • oktacomaoktacoma Posts: 335
    Absolutely! These guys make good music. Check out their album, Robbers & Cowards.
  • catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    ooh yeah i love the cold war kids. see them live if you can. they are seriously good. :)
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • stu geestu gee Posts: 1,174
    I liked them a lot at first, thought the album was great, but i really, really went off them for some reason. I just find them really cheesy and annoying. I dont think ive ever gone from liking a band so much to hating them so much before in my life lol.
    People say im paranoid. Well, they dont say it, but i know that's what they are thinking.
  • JulienJulien Posts: 2,457
    yes, they are great !
    their album "rubbers and cowards" is brilliant. I saw them once in a small venue and it was pretty good.
    2006: Antwerp, Paris
    2007: Copenhagen, Werchter
    2009: Rotterdam, London
    2010: MSG, Arras, Werchter
    2012: Amsterdam, Prague, Berlin
    2014: Amsterdam, Stockholm
  • AnonAnon Posts: 11,175
    my buddy was over and put some songs by them on my computer.. haven't really checked them out yet.
  • dharma69dharma69 Posts: 1,275
    Julien wrote:
    yes, they are great !
    their album "rubbers and cowards" is brilliant. I saw them once in a small venue and it was pretty good.
    That's "Robbers and Cowards". I know that they're from California but even they wouldn't call their album "Rubbers".

I dig them a lot; will be seeing them this weekend, in fact. And they're way overdue for a new album.
    "I'm here to see Pearl Jam."- Bono

...signed...the token black Pearl Jam fan.

FaceSpace
    Lol, rubbers and cowards. That's what it should have been, without a doubt.
    People say im paranoid. Well, they dont say it, but i know that's what they are thinking.
  • Lukin66Lukin66 Posts: 3,063
    oktacoma wrote:
    Absolutely! These guys make good music. Check out their album, Robbers & Cowards.
    I love this album, and have seen them only once. But they put on a hell of a show.
    deep, deep blue of the morning
    gets to me every time
  • JulienJulien Posts: 2,457
    dharma69 wrote:
    That's "Robbers and Cowards". I know that they're from California but even they wouldn't call their album "Rubbers".

I dig them a lot; will be seeing them this weekend, in fact. And they're way overdue for a new album.
    thanks for correcting me... English isn't my mothertongue. I don't know those words (rubbers and robbers) well so...
    2006: Antwerp, Paris
    2007: Copenhagen, Werchter
    2009: Rotterdam, London
    2010: MSG, Arras, Werchter
    2012: Amsterdam, Prague, Berlin
    2014: Amsterdam, Stockholm
  • dharma69dharma69 Posts: 1,275
    Julien wrote:
    thanks for correcting me... English isn't my mothertongue. I don't know those words (rubbers and robbers) well so...
    If you were in the UK:

rubbers = erasers (pencil erasers)

If you were in North America:

rubbers = condoms

You've got to love the English language.
    "I'm here to see Pearl Jam."- Bono

...signed...the token black Pearl Jam fan.

FaceSpace
    There should have been a compromise and named the album condoms and cowards.
  • robfest2robfest2 Posts: 594
    I've only heard a couple a songs by them but they sound interesting. Anyone here like them?

They are a very good live band.

They playing at prospect park on June 27 with Elvis Perkins and Sam Champion. It's only $3.

http://www.prospectpark.org/calendar/event/141424

Pearl Jam & Cold War Kids in the same week. This is going to be good.
  • I'd go check em out if I wasn't already seeing PJ that day. Maybe next time.
  • Picked up the album... great stuff.