Paul Westerberg stabs himself in the hand...

sadprofessorsadprofessor Posts: 1,034
edited January 2007 in Other Music
The Man has a branch office in each of our brains, his corporate emblem is a white albatross, each local rep has a cover known as the Ego, and their mission in this world is Bad Shit.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• kdpjamkdpjam Posts: 2,303
    that totally sux. get well paul. ;
    lay down all thoughts; surrender to the void
    ~it is shining it is shining~
  • mrwalkerbmrwalkerb Posts: 1,015
    That is decidedly not cool, I was wasted at a friends house last night and her parents had the friends soundtrack so I rocked out to stain yer blood and was thinking about how it's one of my fav westerberg songs.
    "I'm not suicidal, except when I drink. That's why we don't all drink at the same time, there'd be no-one alive to drive home..."
    Chris Cornell

http://www.myspace.com/mrwalkerb
  • Ooch. That's too bad, I really liked his songs on the "Open Season" soundtrack. It's one of the CD's me and my four year old daughter both love listening to.
  • PaulJamPaulJam Posts: 163
    from a selfish point of view that sucks. I really liked his Open Season stuff. But on the plus side maybe he'll get to spend more time doing the things and seeing the people he loves....before coming back in a year better than ever. Rock on!
  • holy shit! thats pretty bad. Get well soon Paul!!!
    no additives, preservatives, or artificial colouring
  • ouch! hope he gets better soon!
  • LedZepFanLedZepFan Posts: 1,009
    shit. hope he gets better
    I've faced it, a life wasted, and I'm never going back again.

Some die just to live.
  • JeanwahJeanwah Posts: 6,363
    How does one stab themselves in the hand severely, trying to get wax out of a candle? That's just an assinine thing to do, IMO. I do feel bad for the guy though...
  • that really sucks for him... and us, another year away from a true Replacements reunion. Get Better Soon!
    Minneapolis 98, Chicago 00, San Fransisco 00, Fargo 03, Thunder Bay 05, St Paul 06 (night 2), Chicago 08 (EV) both nights

Don't it make you smile?
  • terrible news...

it sounded like he was ready to make a really rockin record since he wasn't all that happy with how Open Season turned out (although if you ask me it's fantastic!). That coupled with the fact I haven't seen him live yet is absolutely killing me...you KNOW the Mats were going to reunite, it's only a matter of time (but now delayed a year :()

Well I know two of us here got his First Act guitar for Christmas so hopefully that will help keep the lights on in his house for at least awhile while he's out of work :)
    "I'll do whatever the song dictates - if it doesn't need a real lead, then I won't do one. But if it does, then I'll fuckin' go off." - Mike

"Japan is awesome; the fans there knew all the words to all the songs...at least phonetically." - Stone

"I know this song so well, I can smoke a cigarette, have a drink, brush my teeth, take a shit, and mow the lawn while singing it. But I'll only be doing a couple of those things during this version." - EV
    well i've been a dumb ass. i almost had an incident where i accidentally stabbed my arm with a cork screw trying to open a bottle of wine before. so shit happens!
  • StoneG82StoneG82 Posts: 806
    why the hell was he trying to get wax out of a candle anyways?

arent all candles made of wax?
    "What’s Orphans? I don’t know. Orphans is a dead end kid driving a coffin with big tires across the Ohio River wearing welding goggles and a wife beater with a lit firecracker in his ear." - Tom Waits
    i dunno. anything can happen. is this a cover up like keith falling from a coconut tree? ;)
  • StoneG82StoneG82 Posts: 806
    kdpjam wrote:
    i dunno. anything can happen. is this a cover up like keith falling from a coconut tree? ;)

whats sad is i'm pretty sure that actually happened.

the only covering up was of the alcohol/narcotics that were involved.

keith is the man. i fucking love that guy.
    "What’s Orphans? I don’t know. Orphans is a dead end kid driving a coffin with big tires across the Ohio River wearing welding goggles and a wife beater with a lit firecracker in his ear." - Tom Waits
    ha ha well he loves us too i am sure ;
  • Pete Townshend stabbed himself through the hand with a tremolo bar while doing a windmill. That is far more badass.
    pete is badass! he must have a strong rotator cuff or whatever you call it. rog too for throwing the microphone around flawlessly.
  • He was drunk and stupid with the Replacements for all those years and he never hurt himself this bad, that's a shame. Can someone please take away Paul's candles so I can continue to get great music from him.

By the way regarding Keith Richards......someone needs to let Keith know that you can get a perfectly good coconut without climbing the tree.
    one foot in the door
    the other foot in the gutter
    sweet smell that they adore
    I think I'd rather smother
    -The Replacements-
  • He must have had too many Grain Belts. Open Season is amazing, it was a perfect excuse to write great pop/rock songs, i can't wait to get the dvd and listen to it in 5.1. Now Tommy can finish off the Chinese Democracy tour and Replacements can reunite in 2008.

Interesting article from a couple of years ago

http://weblog.ljonn.com/comments.php?id=227_0_1_0_C
    Strictly for my ninjas
  • bookmusebookmuse Posts: 277
    jerve5150 wrote:
    He must have had too many Grain Belts. Open Season is amazing, it was a perfect excuse to write great pop/rock songs, i can't wait to get the dvd and listen to it in 5.1. Now Tommy can finish off the Chinese Democracy tour and Replacements can reunite in 2008.

Interesting article from a couple of years ago

http://weblog.ljonn.com/comments.php?id=227_0_1_0_C

That was an interesting article. Too bad Tommy chose Axel over Paul. The title of this thread was quite alarming. Hope he heals well.
    "Speak your mind even if your voice shakes" ~ M Kuhn