***tommy Hilfiger Bitch Slaps Axl Rose***

Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
edited May 2006 in Other Music
Posted: Sat May 20, 2006 10:23 am Post subject: Tommy Hilfiger punches out Axl Rose at NYC club

http://www.nypost.com/img/front052006.gif
TOMMY 'GUNS'
HILFIGER DRESSES DOWN AXL IN BRAWL

By RICHARD JOHNSON and CHRIS WILSON
New York Post

May 20, 2006 -- Tommy Hilfiger really showed his "Appetite for Destruction" yesterday when he pummeled Guns N' Roses frontman Axl Rose in a dispute over a VIP table at Rosario Dawson's birthday party, sources said.

The midnight turf battle erupted when Axl moved Hilfiger's girlfriend's drink in the banquette area of The Plumm nightclub on West 14th Street - where the "Rent" actress was celebrating her 27th birthday.

A densely packed crowd of celebs - including Lenny Kravitz and Kid Rock - had ringside seats to the battle.

The feisty fashionista was acting all gangsta, hitting Axl with a flurry of punches, one that landed under Rose's eye.

"First [Axl and Tommy] were sitting. Then they were pulling on each other . . . It got so out of control," said a shocked witness.

As the punch-up escalated, Hilfiger introduced Rose to some "November Pain" with a blow to the cheek. Club guards quickly tried to separate the men.

"A bunch of security ran over - but Tommy would not back down. He was just out to take him down," the witness said.

"Kid Rock got trampled by people running over. It was unbelievable."

Eventually, the designer's own bodyguard pulled him out of the club.

Yesterday, club owner Noel Ashman pointed the finger at Hilfiger: "Axl was a gentleman and had the good sense not to retaliate, as he would have done some serious damage to Hilfiger."

Rose said the attack was unprovoked, in an interview with The Post in his dressing room.

The singer said Hilfiger may have been angry because he'd been told to move to make room for Rose and his entourage.

Rose described Hilfiger as "foaming at the mouth."

When Rose took the stage a few minutes later to perform the song "You're Crazy," he dedicated it "to my good friend Tommy Hilfiger."

Kid Rock, wearing a black-brimmed hat and smoking a cigar, took his fellow rocker's side, and explained that Hilfiger was upset because he is way further down on the fame food chain.

The hierarchy, according to Kid Rock, begins with mere mortals and works its way up to sports stars.

"After that it's movie stars, then rock stars, then Michael Jordan." Hilfiger is somewhere between a mere mortal and a sports star in this ranking.

Lenny Kravitz seemed to side with Hilfiger, and also fled the club soon after Hilfiger got the heave-ho.

Hilfiger's peeps would not comment yesterday.

richard.johnson@nypost.com
For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
platessmall.jpg
ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
http://www.UNOS.org
Donate Organs and Save a Life
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Thin Air 211Thin Air 211 Posts: 114
    wow. you should have seen the look on my face when i read that one.
    `~.:.~`.History doesn't make something right`~.:.~`
  • rage333rage333 Posts: 157
    that is funny. Axl should have beat his ass haha
    "when the power of love overcomes the love of power,the world will be at peace"-Jimi Hendrix
  • holtzholtz Posts: 509
    I love how the NY Post exaggerates everything, Tommy punching Axl in the arm twice becomes a "brawl" and Axl got "pummelled".
  • depploverdepplover Posts: 189
    hahaa!! good! someone needs to slap him...
    5/09/06, 5/10/06 - FUCKIN AMAZING!!!!
  • Restless SoulRestless Soul Posts: 805
    LOL hehe is that for real? It sounds like something from The Onion!
    "We have to change the concept of patriotism to one of “matriotism” — love of humanity that transcends war. A matriarch would never send her own children off to wars that kill other people’s children." Cindy Sheehan
    ---
    London, Brixton, 14 July 1993
    London, Wembley, 1996
    London, Wembley, 18 June 2007
    London, O2, 18 August 2009
    London, Hammersmith Apollo (Ed solo), 31 July 2012
    Milton Keynes Bowl, 11 July 2014
    London, Hammersmith Apollo (Ed solo), 06 June 2017
    London, O2, 18 June 2018
    London, O2, 17 July 2018
    Amsterdam, Afas Live (Ed solo), 09 June 2019
    Amsterdam, Afas Live (Ed solo), 10 June 2019

• shahrilshahril Posts: 288
    axl rose is the frontman of one of the greatest rock n roll bands ever. whatever u think of gnr now, remember he did lead gnr in their heyday, he did write AFD, he did write the great tunes on the Illusions.

This bandwagon of Axl bashing must be the biggest wagon ive seen.
    I've seen so many people try and copy Eddie Vedder's voice. It's as if if you don't sound like him you're not a man. - Emmett Roslan

http://theshahril.blogspot.com

London 20/04/2006
    shahril wrote:
    axl rose is the frontman of one of the greatest rock n roll bands ever. whatever u think of gnr now, remember he did lead gnr in their heyday, he did write AFD, he did write the great tunes on the Illusions.

great, that's your opinion...
  • Bathgate66Bathgate66 Posts: 15,813
    the most shocking detail of this article:

tommy hilfiger has a girlfriend ?

:confused:
    For the ones who had a notion, a notion deep inside
    That it ain't no sin to be glad you're alive
    platessmall.jpg
    ORGAN DONATION SAVES LIVES
    http://www.UNOS.org
    Donate Organs and Save a Life
  • shahrilshahril Posts: 288
    depplover wrote:
    great, that's your opinion...

which part of it do u not agree with?
    I've seen so many people try and copy Eddie Vedder's voice. It's as if if you don't sound like him you're not a man. - Emmett Roslan

http://theshahril.blogspot.com

London 20/04/2006
  • JamnPearlJamnPearl Posts: 204
    shahril wrote:
    which part of it do u not agree with?

About all of it.
    ^ exactly!
  • brhf9brhf9 Posts: 1,475
    GnR making concerts...

axl rose involved in confusion again...

is it the 90's revival already?
    'Go easy, step lightly, stay free!'

You have been banned for the following reason:
    inappropriate post.

'Too many people on this earth. We need a new plague.' - Dwight Schrute
    JamnPearl wrote:
    About all of it.

Wow you guys sure are pathetic, just because you hate Axl doesn't mean you have to spend your time going into threads about GNR and tell everyone over and over again how much you don't like them.
  • BinauralBinaural Posts: 1,046
    Just because you hat/dislike Axl does not mean you can negate his ability as a musician and performer. Me? I hate Bono, with a passion but I would not be stupid enough to try and isue that he was a poor performer or musician based on my feelings against him as a person. Remember to be a bit more balanced with this shit.

PEACE
    ~*~*~*~*PROUD EVENFLOW PSYCHO #0026~*~*~*~*

*^*^*^*^*^*^*^RED MOSQUITO #2^*^*^*^*^*^*^*

Dublin 08/06
    Katowice 06/07 London 06/07 Dusseldorf 06/07 Nijgemen 06/07
  • brhf9brhf9 Posts: 1,475
    and what about the record? no dates?
    'Go easy, step lightly, stay free!'

You have been banned for the following reason:
    inappropriate post.

'Too many people on this earth. We need a new plague.' - Dwight Schrute
  • restlesssoulrestlesssoul Posts: 6,951
    wow. you should have seen the look on my face when i read that one.

same here, that was funny stuff...haha, my jaw dropped several times....axl would have done some damage,....yeah right.....skinny sad sack souped-up sell out sucka!
    Van '98, Sea I+II '00, Sea '01, Sea II '02, Van '03, Gorge, Van, Cal, Edm '05, Bos I+II, Phi I+II, DC, SF II+III, Port, Gorge I+II '06, DC, NY I+II '08, Sea I+II, Van, Ridge , LA III+IV' 09, Indy '10, Cal, Van '11, Lond, Van, Sea '13, Memphis '14, RRHOF '17, Sea I+II '18, Van I+II, Vegas I+II '24
  • mookeywrenchmookeywrench Posts: 5,867
    shahril wrote:

This bandwagon of Axl bashing must be the biggest wagon ive seen.

not sure where they're bashing axl anywhere in the article
    350x700px-LL-d2f49cb4_vinyl-needle-scu-e1356666258495.jpeg
  • JamnPearlJamnPearl Posts: 204
    holtz wrote:
    Wow you guys sure are pathetic, just because you hate Axl doesn't mean you have to spend your time going into threads about GNR and tell everyone over and over again how much you don't like them.

Where in my post does it say I hate GnR and Axl?

I like a lot of the stuff on AFD.
    JamnPearl wrote:
    Where in my post does it say I hate GnR and Axl?

I like a lot of the stuff on AFD.

Well I should've quoted Depplover and not you.
    why because i was laughing cuz he was slapped? it IS funny!!

not everyone has to like your precious axl...
    not sure where they're bashing axl anywhere in the article

I think he was refering to the people in this thread wishing harm on Axl and insulting him. The article did spin the whole thing as well, saying Axl was "Pummelled" by Hillfiger, its not like Axl got his ass kicked he just decided not to beat up some old dude and he's getting shit on about it. If he had punched back these same people would be attacking Axl for being a psycho.
    depplover wrote:
    why because i was laughing cuz he was slapped? it IS funny!!

not everyone has to like your precious axl...

I don't care if you don't like Axl or GNR, I just thought it was dumb to say he needs to get slapped.
    oh geez.... :/

get over it..
  • gtbrown77gtbrown77 Posts: 141
    I'm kinda floored by this whole thing. I mean, Axl has this reputation of being a pretty emotionally unstable person who gets pretty out of hand at the drop of a hat. And from the sound of this article, he took the whole thing in good strides, and was able to joke about it later.

Maybe he's grown up a little. Or well medicated. :)

And maybe, just maybe, we'll actually see Chinese Democracy this year (or next, or the year after that....definitely by 2010. Or so.)
    "Life is what happens to you while you're busy making other plans."
    -John Lennon
  • soulsingingsoulsinging Posts: 13,202
    all this talk of axl vs tommy... am i the only one who found it hilarious and oh so telling that pansy ass poser pretty boy lenny kravitz sides with fashion over music in this brawl?