Options

No Ceiling Live

jorgemsjorgems Posts: 276
edited May 2008 in The Porch
My favorite song on ITW...It was great to see it performed live, sounded a little different that on the album, just excellent...
Albuquerque 98, BSB 99, Houston 2000, San Antonio 2003, Monterrey 2005, Las Vegas 2006, Los Angeles Night 2 2008 (Ed Solo)
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    pearljgirl2010pearljgirl2010 Shillington, PA/Tuckerton, NJ Posts: 3,428
    i was just thinking about this--it is definitely my favorite song off of ITW (well, that and Society) and i LOVED it live...loved the slightly different version and couldn't wait to hear it at all three EV shows I went to.
    Need a tour Travel Agent??? Pick me :-)

Whatever you are, be a good one --Lincoln
  • Options
    ledveddermanledvedderman Posts: 7,755
    I prefer the acoustic guitar "No Ceiling" compared to the banjo "No Ceiling" from the album. In the movie there's a cool instrumental version of the acoustic.

I need to figure out those chords...
  • Options
    jorgemsjorgems Posts: 276
    definetly, acoustic sounds much better...
    Albuquerque 98, BSB 99, Houston 2000, San Antonio 2003, Monterrey 2005, Las Vegas 2006, Los Angeles Night 2 2008 (Ed Solo)
  • Options
    DiRtyFranK38DiRtyFranK38 Posts: 3,131
    no ceiling and rise = best ITW tunes imo.
    ed doing a few presets with them would be a real treat for us who missed out on the solo tour.
    2006: Hartford
    2008: MSG 1, Hartford, Mansfield 2, Ed Solo NYC 1
    2009: London (O2), Philly 1, 2, 3, & 4
    2010: Hartford, Boston, MSG 1 & 2
    2011: Ed Solo Hartford
    2012: Philly (MIA Fest)
    2013: Worcester 2, Brooklyn 1 & 2, Hartford
  • Options
    bootlegger10bootlegger10 Posts: 15,547
    Like I Got Id, No Ceiling to me is much better on the record. This was THE song I wanted to hear at San Diego II (one of the main reasons I made the last minute trip from Indy). While I liked the song live, it didn't have the same feel as the record (seemed a little faster).
  • Options
    DarkStarDarkStar Posts: 734
    i was just thinking about this--it is definitely my favorite song off of ITW (well, that and Society) and i LOVED it live...loved the slightly different version and couldn't wait to hear it at all three EV shows I went to.
    same here...fav off ITW...on the live version he doesn't play the banjo...which i was disappointed in...but it was still great!

ds
    And no one sings me lullabyes
    And no one makes me close my eyes
    So I throw the windows wide
    And call to you across the sky....
  • Options
    JordyWordyJordyWordy Posts: 2,257
    the banjo on the recorded version makes it imo.

also love the little colourings of electric slide guitar at the intro as the "band/bass/drums" kicks in

and the instrumental version in the film is great.......hopefully the acoustic one will grow on me!