Which Mars Volta should I start with?

tremortremor Posts: 37
edited February 2008 in Other Music
I just sampled the Frances the Mute tracks on iTunes and it sounds pretty awesome.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• DeadmanDeadman Posts: 792
    Frances is my personal favorite. Can't go wrong w/ any as far as I'm concerned. The new one is EXCELLENT. Go get them all... quickly.
  • The only one I wouldn't recommend to start with is Amputechture. I like De-Loused in the Comatorium a little better than Frances.
    “Hello, babies. Welcome to Earth. It’s hot in the summer and cold in the winter. It’s round and wet and crowded. At the outside, babies, you’ve got about a hundred years here. There’s only one rule that I know of, babies — ‘God damn it, you’ve got to be kind.’” - Kurt Vonnegut
  • I recommend you start with De-Loused in the Comatorium. Their newest album The Bedlam In Goliath is really good as well.
    Austin City Limits - Oct 04, 2009
  • pjl44pjl44 Posts: 9,227
    I would go De-Loused, Bedlam, Frances and when you've completely immersed yourself in those then get Amputechture just to complete the collection.
  • intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,228
    De-Loused in the Comatorium

Start there & work your way forward.

Just keep in mind you are probably startign with there best work (in my opinion)
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • None.... they're all shite.

(DISCLAIMER: I am only writing this to annoy Audiodave. I don't mind the Mars Volta and haven't actually heard alot. Thank you.)
    Been to this many PJ shows: Reading 2006 London 2007 Manchester & London 2009 Dublin, Belfast, London, Nijmegen & Berlin 2010 Manchester 1 & Manchester 2 2012...

... and I still think Drive-By Truckers are better.