Anyone in Philly see Flaming Lips for free on 7/16?

lukins fridgelukins fridge Posts: 237
edited July 2006 in Other Music
What an amazing show...just straight entertainment from start to finish. giant human hampster ball, tons of balloons bouncing above the crowd the whole time, confetti, streamers, fisheye lens in the mic (so you have a funky view of Wayne the whole time), teletubby videos, bohemian raphsody singalong...i found myself seriously cracking up most of the time.

This was a weakly promoted event - The SoCo Music Experience. by the time they took the stage, the place was pretty crowded...but not like it should have been. The Flaming Lips for free?! it should have been packed.

alot of people in the city had no idea it was happening. it was just kinda strange to have such a fun, amazing show going on for free in a major city and have it that poorly promoted and flying completely under the radar.
Those undecided,........ Needn't have faith to be free
And those misguided, There was a plan for them to be
Now you got both sides Claiming killing in Gods name
But God is nowhere,..... To be found, conveniently

What goes on?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Yes...I was there....hanging with some other Message Pit members too.
    You're right about it being under-promoted...shoulda been packed early on.

I really enjoyed Bob Mould too.

My friend plugged into the sbd to get an audio recording of the show, but you really have to "see" the Flaming Lips to experience it.

What a SPECTACLE!
  • Yes...I was there....hanging with some other Message Pit members too.
    You're right about it being under-promoted...shoulda been packed early on.

I really enjoyed Bob Mould too.

My friend plugged into the sbd to get an audio recording of the show, but you really have to "see" the Flaming Lips to experience it.

What a SPECTACLE!

spectacle for sure - i brought people that didn't really know of them and they were blown away. i'd pay to see them anytime.

peace.
    Those undecided,........ Needn't have faith to be free
    And those misguided, There was a plan for them to be
    Now you got both sides Claiming killing in Gods name
    But God is nowhere,..... To be found, conveniently

What goes on?