Options

If Ed was your neighbor...

Comments

• Options
    MrsOakleyMrsOakley Posts: 181
    Oh God, Eddie next door, in place of Mr. and Mrs. Sociopath and their two serial-killers-in-training???

I know exactly what would happen; I would go out to my car, see him in the driveway, walk over and greet him, as civilized as all hell, shake his hand, welcome him to the neighborhood, tell him how much the music means to me, no fawning, mind you, just as sophisticated and cool as can be, say, see you later, walk into the backyard, and have a stroke so massive, so profound, that it would be written up in medical journals for the next fifty years.
    "Over the dirt, we soar,
    on a search for anything pure."
    Say Goodbye
    jeff aTONEment
    "See, he's got me kinda riled already...jerk..."
    Stoney, about Eddie, with love! (And to his face!)
  • Options
    washedinblack91washedinblack91 Posts: 3,078
    MrsOakley wrote:
    Oh God, Eddie next door, in place of Mr. and Mrs. Sociopath and their two serial-killers-in-training???

I know exactly what would happen; I would go out to my car, see him in the driveway, walk over and greet him, as civilized as all hell, shake his hand, welcome him to the neighborhood, tell him how much the music means to me, no fawning, mind you, just as sophisticated and cool as can be, say, see you later, walk into the backyard, and have a stroke so massive, so profound, that it would be written up in medical journals for the next fifty years.

that's kind of how i'd react. the good thing about me is that i'm a young girl so it'd be easy to welcome him and his family to the neighborhood with some banana bread or something, then offer to babysit his daughter whenever he needs me to :D i'll be over there so often, then we'll be come fast friends, and i'll act like i have no clue who he is, though the seizures and twitching fits i'll have talking to him might give me away...
    PJ: 9/29/04, 5/12/06, 5/13/06, 6/22/08, 6/24/08, 6/25/08, 6/27/08, 6/30/08, 10/30/09, 10/31/09, 5/18/10, 5/20/10, 5/21/10, 9/3/11, 9/4/11, 10/18/13, 8/7/16
    eV: 8/4/08, 8/5/08, 6/21/11
    SG: 10/4/08<-- MET STONE!!!
  • Options
    Big EdBig Ed Posts: 331
    In Georgia, Budweiser is the Grey Poupon of Frosty Cold Beverages.
    (Actually....my favorite is Corona - no salt or lime)
    Ignoring Rusted Signs
  • Options
    FahkaFahka Posts: 3,187
    Big Ed wrote:
    In Georgia, Budweiser is the Grey Poupon of Frosty Cold Beverages.
    (Actually....my favorite is Corona - no salt or lime)

salt and corona? blek! :D
  • Options
    catwomancatwoman Posts: 256
    MrsOakley wrote:

Hey -- you must live on the other side of my next-door neighbors!
  • Options
    edvedder913edvedder913 Posts: 1,810
    If Ed were my neighbor I'd ask him how he sleeps at night charging $47.50 for a fucking lighter.

LOL!!!!
  • Options
    gobrowns19gobrowns19 Posts: 1,447
    I'd send my 3 year old brother over there to play with Eddie's baby where the two young children will start bonding and building a romance where they will one day get married.
    Happiness is only real when shared
  • Options
    Yellow BedwetterYellow Bedwetter NYC Posts: 2,832
    i never really thought about any of this b4...not sure what i would do
    i'd ask him to teach me guitar tho that's for sure
    2005: Borgata 2, Philly
    2006: Camden 1&2, East Ruth 1&2
    2008: BONNAROO, MSG1, MSG2, Hartford
    2009: Philly 1, 2, 4
    2010: Hartford, MSG1, MSG2
    2012: Made in America
    2013: BK1, BK2, Hartford
    2015: Global Citizens
    2016: MSG 2 (ISO MSG1)
    EV Solo: NJPAC 2008; Tower Theatre, PA 2009; Hartford 2011
  • Options
    SDHSClassof82SDHSClassof82 Seattle Posts: 306
    If Ed were my neighbor, I'd go right over to his place and introduce myself. I would tell him of the tremendous respect that I have for him and his music. I would share some stories of all of the traveling I've done to see the band, and some of the highlights over the past 17 years. I'd try to keep it matter of fact, light, and funny.

That was actually a very cool, well thought out answer.
    “Wind in my hair, I feel part of everywhere...
    Late at night I hear the trees, they're singing with the dead...overhead...”
  • Options
    crazyindigo82crazyindigo82 Posts: 133
    Tom K wrote:
    I'd just walk in and take stuff out of his fridge.. as for being to loud..

http://youtube.com/watch?v=NCkqyy_mX80

Now that's comedy! lmao

As far as Ed being my neighbor, I think I'd take the ladder and confuse the heck outta him by not saying anything. haha
    Up here so high I start to shake...
    Up here so high the sky I scrape...
    I'm so high I hold just one breath here within my chest...
    Just like my innocence...
  • Options
    pjten77pjten77 Posts: 225
    If Ed were my neighbour I'd kindly ask if he wanted to go halves on a "pot" garden....of course after getting to know him a little better.
    Toronto-96/Barrie-98/Pittsburgh-00/Toronto-00/Buffalo-03/Toronto-03/Kitchener-05/Toronto-05/Hamilton-05/Toronto I-06/Toronto 2-06/E.V. Toronto- 08/ Toronto- 09/Buffalo-10/Hamilton- 11/ London- 13/ Buffalo- 13/Detroit- 14/Ottawa-16/Toronto II-16/Fenway I & II- 16
  • Options
    Mrs.Vedder78Mrs.Vedder78 Posts: 4,585
    If Ed were my neighbor I'd ask him how he sleeps at night charging $47.50 for a fucking lighter.

LMAO!!!!
    "Without the album covers, where do you clean your pot?" - EV
  • Options
    pjten77 wrote:
    If Ed were my neighbour I'd kindly ask if he wanted to go halves on a "pot" garden.

screw Ed,I'm moving next to this guy! :D
  • Options

I'm a huge fan of George Harrison. Mainly by concidence, in 1989, I ending living a few yards down the road from Friar Park, his estate in Henley-on-Thames, England. It's a small town, and everyone treated him like a regular guy. He was out and about a lot in shops and restaurants, went to local events. Since he was a notoriously private person, I never wanted to bug him, but always wanted a chance to have a real conversation with him.

After several months, I ran into him on the street while I was walking my housemate's dog. He admired the irish setter and we chatted for a few minutes. He was warm and friendly and asked if his son (age 11) and friends skateboarding in front of my house was "a bother". I was doing pretty good at being calm in front of my hero, but that blew me away. The kids weren't skateboarding that particular day and we weren't standing in front of my house. So then I knew... the lead guitarist of The Beatles knew me by sight and thought of me as a neighbor. Holy shit... I'm a grown up, he's a human just like anyone, it shouldn't really be that thrilling. But, oh my god, it was. I never did tell him how much I appreciated his music, but that's okay.

Wow! That is awesome! Great little story there.

It's important to remember that these guys are just regular people. But, it would be pretty overwhelming when someone that significant is right there in front of you in normal everyday life. Sounds like you handled it quite well!
  • Options
    SpunkieSpunkie I come from downtown. Posts: 5,917
    jorgems wrote:
    And you needed some lemons or a pair of eggs, would you knock on his door and just ask?

If he was practicing guitar in his backyard and was too loud, would you ask him to keep it down?

I always wonder these kind of things... :)

I'd def. ask him for some eggs.
  • Options
    SpunkieSpunkie I come from downtown. Posts: 5,917

Serious? What a scam. Oh wait. Nevermind. I may see part of that profit.
  • Options
    zenithzenith Posts: 3,191
    id make sure i was the one who organised the annual street Christmas party, and personally hand out the invitations ;)

edit : and i might even be so bold as to ask ed to play the role of santa :D
    impatience is a gift ........
  • Options
    Purple PuppyPurple Puppy Posts: 149

I think 4750 is their P.O. Box #.

You were a houseboat.
    I was on land.
    I sold my soul to uncle sam.
    You mourned me and let go.
    I saw your music smile.
    While riding my bike go by.
    On that miracle mile.
    You planted flowers next door.
    Wow my hands say.
    I'm not afraid of my hands.
    Never heard a word.
    But I felt it be assured.
    I almost jumped over.
    To Stone's boundaries.
    Walked a pizza over in the rain.
    Took it back in dire.
    Play guitar without seize.
    You were a houseboat.
    I was land.
    Land your parachute.
    On my hand.
    I've grown too big.
    For toxicity.
    And overwhelmed.
    By the by.
    And Azlan.
    Milking the conceit of the rain.
    Jurisdiction of my pain.
    I was careful with my tools.
    You were full of surrendering youth.
    Not to call you fools.
    Letting you drink vermouth.
    If it will only soothe.
    The best I can do.
    Not to talk to you.
    You didn't talk to me either.
    But I am not a griever.
    You seem like a seether.
    And I am a river.
    You are the giver.
    And I am a mountain.
    This time.
    I am the giver.
    And you are the mountain.
    I am MacGyver.
    And you are without sin.
    Straight from the Bible.
    You are that rocks in.
    I hope this helps.
    From my twin.
    The nervous hell.
    That lets in.
    I'm growing up.
    Who wants to swim?
    I'm giving up.
    Who bears a wing?
    You old man's soul.
    I was a lad.
    Bearing gifts.
    From Gallahad.
    Yo, I'm not a troll.
    Or in demand.
    The gobi desert.
    Is made of sand.
    I am too.
    A crying man.
    Signed it, grind it.
    Corroding and foreboding.
  • Options

I'm a huge fan of George Harrison. Mainly by concidence, in 1989, I ending living a few yards down the road from Friar Park, his estate in Henley-on-Thames, England. It's a small town, and everyone treated him like a regular guy. He was out and about a lot in shops and restaurants, went to local events. Since he was a notoriously private person, I never wanted to bug him, but always wanted a chance to have a real conversation with him.

After several months, I ran into him on the street while I was walking my housemate's dog. He admired the irish setter and we chatted for a few minutes. He was warm and friendly and asked if his son (age 11) and friends skateboarding in front of my house was "a bother". I was doing pretty good at being calm in front of my hero, but that blew me away. The kids weren't skateboarding that particular day and we weren't standing in front of my house. So then I knew... the lead guitarist of The Beatles knew me by sight and thought of me as a neighbor. Holy shit... I'm a grown up, he's a human just like anyone, it shouldn't really be that thrilling. But, oh my god, it was. I never did tell him how much I appreciated his music, but that's okay.

That is so cool!!! Thanks for sharing. I think George definitely handled the post-Beatles years with a lot of grace. He did an interview a couple of years before his death where he talked about his philosophy on life -- he was so peaceful. I'm sure he knew you appreciated his music without you having to tell him, and he probably really appreciated you treating him as a fellow human being. Really -- this story has just made my day.
  • Options
    screw Ed,I'm moving next to this guy! :D

And you have given me my laugh for the day!
  • Options
    iluvcatsiluvcats Posts: 5,153
    if eddie were my neighbor, I guess I would not see him much, he seems to be a busy man

:)

but when he's home, I would try to not look at him (too good looking)
    9/98, 9/00 - DC, 4/03 - Pitt., 7/03 - Bristow, 10/04 - Reading, 10/05 - Philly, 5/06 - DC, 6/06 - Pitt., 6/08 - Va Beach, 6/08 - DC, 5/10 - Bristow, 10/13 B'more
    8/08 - Ed solo in DC, 6/09 Ed in B'more,
    10/10 - Brad in B'more
  • Options
    drummerboy_73drummerboy_73 Las Vegas, NV Posts: 2,011
    I'd watch for him to leave his house, and every time he walked out the front door, I'd hit him with a quarter...
    Osaka, Japan (2/21/95), San Diego (7/10/98), Las Vegas (10/22/00), San Diego (10/25/00), Las Vegas (6/6/03), Las Vegas (7/6/06), Los Angeles (7/9/06), VH1 Rock Honors (7/12/08), Ed Solo (7/8/11), Ed Solo (11/1/12), Los Angeles (11/23/13)
  • Options
    CHANGEinWAVESCHANGEinWAVES Posts: 10,169
    I'd watch for him to leave his house, and every time he walked out the front door, I'd hit him with a quarter...
    :D
    "I'm not present, I'm a drug that makes you dream"
  • Options
    triangleman12triangleman12 Posts: 193
    I'd steal his parking spot! :)
  • Options
    3inputchick3inputchick Posts: 845
    God willing Ed would walk around shirtless and play the bongos naked like Matthew McConaughey. Matt seems like the perfect neighbor, sorry Ed.
    A pessimist is a man who thinks all women are bad. An optimist is one who hopes they are.
  • Options
    IamMineIamMine Posts: 2,743
    Thanks for the laughs! I totally forgot about that movie, Tom K - great pick! :D

And for the cool story by SDHSClassof82! Wow. You handled that pretty well!

I only get a few PJ dreams but last year or so, I had a dream that eV and his better half were in our house.

We do smoke but not in the house.

Ed was laying on our bed watching a game on our TV, smoking.

I totally flipped on him, yelling at him for smoking and to get the hell off our bed!

My hubby was standing in the garage with the doors open (our garage is attached to a pastry room which is now our music room and then our bedroom) looking dumbfounded and gave me the "what the fuck is wrong with you" look.

I said what?! You know better than that to allow someone to smoke in our house!!

I looked at EV and pointed at the garage.

Ha...if he were my neighbor, I'd give him the O_o look and say "In the garage, ed, in the garage!" and go Geez!

;)
    JA: Why do I get the Ticketmaster question?
    EV: It's your band.
    ~Q Magazine

"Kisses for the glow...kisses for the lease." - BDRII
  • Options
    odieodie Posts: 73
    SOLAT319 wrote:
    Homewreckers :-P
    I wouldn't do it on purpose he would look into my eyes and fall madly deaply in love right on that very moment...I wouldn't be able to help it, and nothing I can do about it...sorry
    PJ Princess
  • Options
    PureandEasyPureandEasy Posts: 5,781

what a nice story, thanks for that
  • Options
    shareshare Posts: 551
    odie wrote:
    I wouldn't do it on purpose he would look into my eyes and fall madly deaply in love right on that very moment...I wouldn't be able to help it, and nothing I can do about it...sorry

you mean after he turns to Stone?
    we're all sentient snowflakes
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    I'm a number that doesn't count
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
    the nothing ventured - the nothing feigned
  • Options
    URthekeyURthekey Posts: 1,681
    I'd start undressing with the lights on and the blinds open.