Remix "Nude" for Radiohead

ledveddermanledvedderman Posts: 7,761
edited April 2008 in Other Music
I'm curious to see how bad I can butcher this amazing song.

Radiohead, iTunes and Garageband are giving fans the opportunity to remix the band's new single "Nude” at http://www.radioheadremix.com

To make remixing easy, the separate ‘stems’* from the song will be available to purchase from iTunes. The ‘stems’ available are bass, voice, guitar, strings/fx and drums. Fans can mix them in any way they like, either by adding their own beats and instrumentation, or just remixing the original parts.

Fans who purchase all five ‘stems’ from iTunes during the first week they're available, will be sent an access code to a GarageBand file ready to open in GarageBand or Logic. However, you don’t need GarageBand to do a remix, all the stems are available in iTunes Plus and compatible with several music software platforms.

Finished mixes can be uploaded to http://www.radioheadremix.com where the public will listen and vote for their favourite remix (voting ends May 1st). Fans can also create a widget allowing votes from their own website, Facebook or MySpace page to be counted as ‘mix votes’ back on radioheadremix.com.

Nude is out now in the UK on CD, 7” and worldwide as a download.
http://phobos.apple.com/WebObjects/MZStore.woa/wa/viewMix?id=277098045&s=143441&wm=1

*‘stems’ are the component parts of the song.

Anyone have any suggestions as to what software to use.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• DeLukinDeLukin Posts: 2,757
    Trent Reznor is NOT gonna be happy about this... :)
    I smile, but who am I kidding...
  • GardenpartyGardenparty Posts: 1,910
    Best song on the record. One of their best ever. This song is haunting. Though it reminds me of my most recent breakup so I can't listen to it anymore. DAMN YOU MICHELLE!!!
    “I know this song so well, I can smoke a cigarette, have a drink, brush my teeth, take a shit, and mow the lawn while singing it. But I'll only be doing a couple of those things during this version.”
  • ledveddermanledvedderman Posts: 7,761
    I really hope that one of the "stems" is the lead guitar from later in the song, I'd like to try that out as an into
  • lephtylephty Posts: 770
    they have to be working together or something.. this is just too much!

http://forums.pearljam.com/showthread.php?t=276745
  • That's a cool idea.
    bombs, dropping down, please forgive our hometown
    Anyone have any suggestions on software to use for a Windows user?
  • don't get me wrong, it's pretty cool that they're doing that... and I like Radiohead.
    but you actually have to pay for the, howdotheycallit, 'stems'?
    Kids! Bringing about Armageddon can be dangerous. Do not attempt it in your own home.
  • Nothing like ripping off something Trent Reznor did 2 years ago for free, and turning it into something that has to be paid for

what a lame band.
    You can't spell "dumb" without DMB
  • dharma69dharma69 Posts: 1,275
    DeLukin wrote:
    My mind went there before I even opened this thread.

That's so funny!
    "I'm here to see Pearl Jam."- Bono

...signed...the token black Pearl Jam fan.

FaceSpace
    Could someone give me a suggestion for a program that would work for this? I'm not a MAC user so GarageBand is useless to me. I have both an XP and a VISTA machine.
  • JulienJulien Posts: 2,457
    DeLukin wrote:
    at least HE gives garaband tracks for free and doesn't seel them on iTunes !
    Why the hell does radiohead sell that ? Can't it be free ?
    2006: Antwerp, Paris
    2007: Copenhagen, Werchter
    2009: Rotterdam, London
    2010: MSG, Arras, Werchter
    2012: Amsterdam, Prague, Berlin
    2014: Amsterdam, Stockholm
  • DeLukin wrote:

He was by no means the first person to do this.
    'We're learning songs for baby Jesus' birthday. His mum and dad were Merry and Joseph. He had a bed made of clay and the three kings bought him Gold, Frankenstein and Merv as presents.'

- the great Sir Leo Harrison
  • He was by no means the first person to do this.

no, but he was the first one to do it with a band people actually care about remixing.
  • bump