Silverchair new album, Young Modern, due in January

ledveddermanledvedderman Posts: 7,761
edited November 2006 in Other Music
Australia's SILVERCHAIR has announced that its highly anticipated new album will be called "Young Modern". All songs for the disc are now fully recorded but the band is waiting for their mixer of choice to finish another album so he can begin work with them. At this stage that's scheduled for January so a spring release looks very likely.

SILVERCHAIR has sold over six million albums worldwide and enjoyed more top 40 singles in the last decade than any other Australian band. Their most recent CD — 2002's "Diorama" — was their most acclaimed and their highest seller in Australia to date. Following their sold-out "Across The Night Tour" in 2003, SILVERCHAIR took an extended break and worked on other projects before coming together again in 2005 for the Waveaid tsunami benefit concert in Sydney.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• i got aroused just reading this. finally- a new silverchair album!! it's only been 4/5 years. :rolleyes: :p
    Another habit says it's in love with you
    Another habit says its long overdue
    Another habit like an unwanted friend
    I'm so happy with my righteous self
  • chris05chris05 Posts: 347
    Yeh good to hear, i will be picking up this one when ever it comes out.
    Who cares if the world is going down the toilet? Eddie Vedder got his mojo back!
  • fantastic, i heard some of the new songs when they played here in adelaide, i was quite impressed, cant wait!
    +--+-Official Upcoming Australasian Tour: Member No.5-+--+
    ~~~~~http://www.myspace.com/breakerfallpj~~~~~

YieldInHiding: "RED DOT is an intermission...not "filler." I hate that word. Filler is what's in a Twinkie."
  • I'm excited for this one. It's been a while. It gets boring going to their website for 5 years with no news of new music. Good thing I had daniels side project.
  • i hear it may be more like the dissociatives, hopefully thats not the case.
    The wind is blowing cold
    Have we lost our way tonight?
    Have we lost our hope to sorrow?

Feels like were all alone
    Running further from what’s right
    And there are no more heroes to follow

So what are we becoming?
    Where did we go wrong?
  • brhf9brhf9 Posts: 1,475
    What about the singer's illness? Is he cured?
    'Go easy, step lightly, stay free!'

You have been banned for the following reason:
    inappropriate post.

'Too many people on this earth. We need a new plague.' - Dwight Schrute