Nirvana songs to be used in commercials

ledveddermanledvedderman Posts: 7,761
edited November 2006 in Other Music
Can't say I'm shocked this is happening...

Point Music News provided by LaunchDaily

Nirvana's music will soon begin showing up in commercials and television programs, thanks to Courtney Love's recent decision to sell a portion of the rights to the band's catalog. According to Forbes, four Nirvana songs will be heard in an upcoming episode of CSI: Miami for starters. Love's attorney, Peter Asher, recently told the Chicago Tribune that the licensing of the band's songs was not strictly for financial reasons, explaining, "The decisions we make have nothing to do with money one way or the other. It's a matter of, is this a cool show, is this a movie we'd like to be a part of? If it's a tiny independent movie but it makes sense, we might let them use (a song) for almost nothing."

Love is the widow of Nirvana frontman and principal songwriter Kurt Cobain, who killed himself in April of 1994. There's no word on whether Cobain is rolling in his grave at the latest news.

Meanwhile, a trailer for Nirvana's upcoming DVD, Live! Tonight! Sold Out!, has popped up online. The disc, out on November 14th, is the band's first-ever stand-alone DVD and is a reissue of the home video that was originally released on VHS and laserdisc in November of 1994.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• LedZepFanLedZepFan Posts: 1,009
    'there is no news as to whether cobain is rolling over in his grave'

lmao
    I've faced it, a life wasted, and I'm never going back again.

Some die just to live.
  • mark armmark arm Posts: 962
    cash cow !
    oh well, we need to move on ...
    11/25/05 - Buenos Aires
    11/26/05 - Buenos Aires
    11/28/05 - Porto Alegre, BR
    06/01/07 - Sao Paulo, BR
    10/16/08 - Sao Paulo, BR
    10/17/08 - Sao Paulo, BR
    10/19/08 - Buenos Aires