2006 ~ Toronto
    2008 ~ Hartford, Mansfied I,
    2009 ~ Toronto, Chicago I, Chicago II
    2010 ~ Cleveland, Buffalo
    2011 ~ Toronto I, Toronto II, Ottawa, Hamilton
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2
  • It's a pleasant, mellow piece from Meddle. It's proto-ambient, if that isn't too pretentious a description of it.

Here's my favourite Floyd song, though, personally:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I7e1RUXUx7o
  • BinFrogBinFrog Posts: 7,309
    Fearless is a great song. Great flow, odd tunings, trippy/ethereal vibe to it...what's not to love?
    Bright eyed kid: "Wow Typo Man, you're the best!"
    Typo Man: "Thanks kidz, but remembir, stay in skool!"
    It's a pleasant, mellow piece from Meddle. It's proto-ambient, if that isn't too pretentious a description of it.

Here's my favourite Floyd song, though, personally:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=I7e1RUXUx7o

Assuming you mean that jokingly, nice.
  • BinFrog wrote:
    Assuming you mean that jokingly, nice.

Nah, I love Vegetable Man. I'm not a fan of post-Barrett Floyd at all, but I like Fearless largely because of the Syd-like feel of the song. Apparently the tuning used on Fearless was introduced to the band by Syd and, who knows, maybe they lifted the riff too? After all, they pinched the riff to Wish You Were Here from Van Morrison's Almost Independence Day. So I wouldn't put it past them. ;)
  • CosmoCosmo Posts: 12,225
    I love it!!!!!

and I meant song, not album
    'Meddle' is a great album and 'Fearless' is a beautiful song.
    From 'One Of These Days' to 'Echoes'... just a fantastic musical experience. I really loved it back in my stoner daze.
    Allen Fieldhouse, home of the 2008 NCAA men's Basketball Champions! Go Jayhawks!
    Hail, Hail!!!
  • pjl44pjl44 Posts: 9,227
    Meddle is one of my favorite Floyd albums. I went on a serious Echoes jag a few months back...
  • Cosmo wrote:
    From 'One Of These Days' to 'Echoes'... just a fantastic musical experience. I really loved it back in my stoner daze.
    One Of These Days is the song I use to introduce people to Floyd usually...works every time.
    Nah, I love Vegetable Man. I'm not a fan of post-Barrett Floyd at all, but I like Fearless largely because of the Syd-like feel of the song. Apparently the tuning used on Fearless was introduced to the band by Syd and, who knows, maybe they lifted the riff too? After all, they pinched the riff to Wish You Were Here from Van Morrison's Almost Independence Day. So I wouldn't put it past them. ;)

I think it's an almost unlistenable song, but I love some of Syd's PF stuff like:

Astronomy Domine
    See Emily Play
    Arnold Layne
    Bike
    Interstellar Overdrive

Heck...all of PATGOD is great.
  • BenzorBenzor Posts: 886
    Dogs is easily the greatest Pink Floyd song
  • rriversrrivers Posts: 3,696
    pjl44 wrote:
    Meddle is one of my favorite Floyd albums. I went on a serious Echoes jag a few months back...

It takes a month to listen to Echoes!

In November I moved into a new house and I put on Meddle as I was unpacking. I hadn't listened to it much and I really dug it.
    "We're fixed good, lamp-wise."
  • Saturnal wrote:
    One Of These Days is the song I use to introduce people to Floyd usually...works every time.

That's how I was introduced formally to Floyd (I knew 'Shine On...' years earlier, but that was it). My friend gave me his ear buds, told me to close my eyes and he blasted the song. I was hooked on the first chord.

Fearless is a beautiful, airy song, but Echoes is my #1. On its own, Fearless is amazing, but in context with the rest of the album, it's on another level.
    Toronto '00, '02, '05, '06, '06, '09; Hamilton '05; Buffalo '10; TORONTO 2011 X 2!!

"I think it was John Lennon who said: "Life is what happens when you're making other plans.", and that's how I feel. Although he also said: "I am the Walrus I am the eggman" so I don't know what to believe."
  • Benzor wrote:
    My fav as well.
  • Benzor wrote:

yup.

and, easily the greatest guitar solo/s ever recorded
    was it?....
  • FedericoFederico Posts: 7,916
    pink floyd is my other "illness" besides pearl jam....its impossible to choose something..everything they´ve ever done is great....except maybe for some "momentary lapse of reason" tunes
  • tybirdtybird Posts: 17,388
    Benzor wrote:
    I'll opt for another song from that very same album (Animals). "Sheep" is the best Floyd song. "Fearless" is very good, btw.
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • tybird wrote:
    I'll opt for another song from that very same album (Animals). "Sheep" is the best Floyd song. "Fearless" is very good, btw.

Yeah, Sheep is my #2, followed closely by Dogs. I was on a Binaural phase and now I may have to switch to an Animals phase... :)
    Toronto '00, '02, '05, '06, '06, '09; Hamilton '05; Buffalo '10; TORONTO 2011 X 2!!

"I think it was John Lennon who said: "Life is what happens when you're making other plans.", and that's how I feel. Although he also said: "I am the Walrus I am the eggman" so I don't know what to believe."
  • tybirdtybird Posts: 17,388
    Yeah, Sheep is my #2, followed closely by Dogs. I was on a Binaural phase and now I may have to switch to an Animals phase... :)
    Good point....been awhile since I gave that album a spin.
    All the world will be your enemy, Prince with a thousand enemies, and whenever they catch you, they will kill you. But first they must catch you, digger, listener, runner, prince with the swift warning. Be cunning and full of tricks and your people shall never be destroyed.
  • Get_RightGet_Right Posts: 12,854
    Cosmo wrote:

seamus is my favorite

:)

but the whole record is great

one of these days Im going to cut you into little pieces
    Get_Right wrote:
    seamus is my favorite

:)

but the whole record is great

one of these days Im going to cut you into little pieces

SEAMUS? Worst song in the Floyd catalog?????
  • TrailerTrailer Posts: 1,431
    Benzor wrote:

I'd agree...

if they hadn't recorded Atom Heart Mother.
    Whoa, chill bro... you know you can't raise your voice like that when the lion's here.
  • MohabMohab Posts: 310
    I like these four similar cuts -unknown song, narrow way, rain in the country and one off a bootleg thats like them. The unknown song off zabriski point is id say thier best studio moment.

As for waters maybe the music from the body re cord, minus the geesin sound effects half

seamus is the best off meddle, or maybe pillow of winds
    BinFrog wrote:
    SEAMUS? Worst song in the Floyd catalog?????

I was being sarcastic...
    Get_Right wrote:
    I was being sarcastic...

I was really hoping that was the case...hah
    BinFrog wrote:
    I was really hoping that was the case...hah

impossible to pick just one favorite

and that whole record is great
  • I'm kind of partial to Shine On You Crazy Diamond....although it's more of a novella than a song.
    one foot in the door
    the other foot in the gutter
    sweet smell that they adore
    I think I'd rather smother
    -The Replacements-
  • awesome tune. there's some great multi-layered guitars by Gilmour on 'Fearless.'

I prefer San Tropez though
    2000: Camden 1, 2003: Philly, State College, Camden 1, MSG 2, Hershey, 2004: Reading, 2005: Philly, 2006: Camden 1, 2, East Rutherford 1, 2007: Lollapalooza, 2008: Camden 1, Washington D.C., MSG 1, 2, 2009: Philly 1, 2, 3, 4, 2010: Bristol, MSG 2, 2011: PJ20 1, 2, 2012: Made In America, 2013: Brooklyn 2, Philly 2, 2014: Denver, 2015: Global Citizen Festival, 2016: Philly 2, Fenway 1, 2018: Fenway 1, 2, 2021: Sea. Hear. Now. 2022: Camden, 2024Philly 2

Pearl Jam bootlegs:
    http://wegotshit.blogspot.com