Options

I'd like to take back my post about questioning if wilco was all that great or not

pearlzepfanpearlzepfan Posts: 456
edited December 2005 in Other Music
With your suggestions from that post. I kept listening and now I can't stop listening to Yankee Hotel Foxtrot and A Ghost Is Born. I think I may actually buy their new live album which i hear is amazing.
"I'm a thief, and I dig it"
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    brain of cbrain of c Posts: 5,213
    you are forgiven.
  • Options
    jhawk98jhawk98 Posts: 145
    glad to see a youngin' seeing the light!!!

I'm a Wilco nut and frankly I'm a little underwhelmed with the live album. It has it's moments (notably via chicago, misunderstood, comment, hell is chrome" but overall, I think it's just so-so.

I would suggest you pick up "Mermaid Avenue v.1", or "Being There" if you're looking for where to go next with Wilco. Another route would be the DVD "I Am Trying to Break Your Heart", great look at the making of YHF, insight into the recording process, the interactions of a band, and fantastic music to boot.
    rock chalk
  • Options
    intodeepintodeep Posts: 7,225
    With your suggestions from that post. I kept listening and now I can't stop listening to Yankee Hotel Foxtrot and A Ghost Is Born. I think I may actually buy their new live album which i hear is amazing.

That is really cool!

LIke i said before i was unimpressed the first few listens of YHF I put the album down for a couple months came back to it and WHAM It is one of my all time favs.

glad you have seen the light. :)
    Charlotte 00
    Charlotte 03
    Asheville 04
    Atlanta 12
    Greenville 16, Columbia 16
    Seattle 18 
    Nashville 22
  • Options
    CM1847CM1847 Posts: 577
    I have had YFH for a while, it is good, but honestly don't listen to it much.

For some reason I felt the need to pick up the live album and I am loving it. Good live band, I will probably go back and check our A Ghost Is Born sometime soon.
  • Options
    IgottagoIgottago Posts: 483
    yeah, it does take a while with them...i went through the same thing, and so did some friends of mine after I told them about Wilco..but now we all love em..anyways, the live album is a must have..its easily one of the best live albums I own, i've seen them live twice and was still blown away by how good the live album was..great tracklisting too.
  • Options

awesome - welcome to the realm of better music ;)
    I'll dig a tunnel
    from my window to yours