New Bob Dylan album out August 29 and called.....................

pearlzepfanpearlzepfan Posts: 456
edited June 2006 in Other Music
"Modern Times"

Apparently it sounds a bit like "Love And Theft" and contains atleast 3 masterpieces.

Can't wait
"I'm a thief, and I dig it"
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Jeremy1012Jeremy1012 Posts: 7,170
    lame name, great news :D
    "I remember one night at Muzdalifa with nothing but the sky overhead, I lay awake amid sleeping Muslim brothers and I learned that pilgrims from every land — every colour, and class, and rank; high officials and the beggar alike — all snored in the same language"
  • cool
  • U2rocksU2rocks Posts: 89
    That's great news! Have been waiting for the new album. Hopefully he will come through Houston again...have had the pleasure of seeing him twice.

Just a bit of trivia.....Love and Theft was released on Sept. 11, 2001. Just didn't make much news that day.
  • Hmmmm, not saying I've heard it in its entirety, or anything, but, umm ... say I had (cough), I might say it's much more Chicago-bluesy in places, than Love and Theft (which was more old-time jazzy), but it's more like Love and Theft than Time Out of Mind. (Well, Beyond the Horizon is very LaT-ish.) Standout tracks? Well, you know, that's the thing with Bob these days: you have to wait for the images in his lyrics to work their magic on the unconscious. :)

I do rather like Working Man's Blues #2 and Nettie Moore. ;)
  • U2rocks wrote:
    That's great news! Have been waiting for the new album. Hopefully he will come through Houston again...have had the pleasure of seeing him twice.

Just a bit of trivia.....Love and Theft was released on Sept. 11, 2001. Just didn't make much news that day.

I remember that quite well... I actually went out and bought several CDs that evening and this was one of them. I think I'll remember buying those CDs for the rest of my life.
  • I saw him in Reading, PA last night.

God dammit did he kick ass.
    Played Hghwy 61 revisited...since the ballpark in Reading's on rt 61.

Like a Rolling Stone blew us all away at the end. Had some great jams with his band. amazing.
    best part was at the end, just stands in the middle of the stage, looking at the crowd - waves his hat a little, his band behind him, suits and hats, all stonefaced, hands clasped.
    then they turn and walk off.
    badfuckingass!

Jimmie Vaughan and Junior Brown were great opening up as well.
    Teamwork. Rawk. Pwnage. Infinite Possibilities. YIELD. Hells yeah.
  • I remember that quite well... I actually went out and bought several CDs that evening and this was one of them. I think I'll remember buying those CDs for the rest of my life.
    Stone's Bayleaf came out that day as well.
    Teamwork. Rawk. Pwnage. Infinite Possibilities. YIELD. Hells yeah.