Favorite Matchbox Twenty album?

pearlzepfanpearlzepfan Posts: 456
edited August 2007 in Other Music
They were one of the first bands I remember falling in love with and I got to see them in 2000, and they were still one of my top concerts (and i've seen Bob Dylan, Willie Nelson, Foo Fighters, Pearl Jam, Oasis, Arctic Monkeys, among others)

I love their first album so much (even the Tabitha's Secret album is really good)

I kinda fell out of them after about a year with their second album (which is nearly as good as the first) and still haven't picked up their most recent.

So what's everyone's fav album by them?
"I'm a thief, and I dig it"
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    paging miss jeanie....:D :D:p
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • facepollutionfacepollution Posts: 6,834
    Their last album, More than you think you are, is probably my favourite. Downfall is an amazing song. I think the album in general has a bit of a retro 70's vibe to it, just a bunch of great pop-rock songs.
  • illegal pantsillegal pants Posts: 13,471
    cannot pick between the 1st and 3rd

shame about the 2nd - even Thomas says it was overproduced

eg. bed of lies - lyrically yes, just doesn't do it for me musically

but yeh... :) Tabitha's Secret is awesome, songs like 'and around' and 'dear joan' - very nice
    wah
  • Yourself Or Someone Like You, I got this when it came out and loved it, bought the secod album and thought it was utter shite and have not bothered with anything after that.
    Astoria 20/04/06, Leeds 25/08/06, Prague 22/09/06, Wembley 18/06/07,
    Dusseldorf 21/06/07, Manchester 17/08/09, London 18/08/09, LA 06/10/09, LA 07/10/09.

Ain't gonna be any middle anymore.
  • edvedder913edvedder913 Posts: 1,810
    Yourself Or Someone Like You, I got this when it came out and loved it, bought the secod album and thought it was utter shite and have not bothered with anything after that.

ditto