Blue October

AyedavanitaAyedavanita Posts: 1,443
edited October 2006 in Other Music
Someone sent me some of their songs and I really like them. Anyone else?
"You think I got my eyes closed but I'm lookin' at you the whole fuckin' time..."
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• pjalive21pjalive21 Posts: 2,818
    liked them till i saw them live....not good
  • this band is FUCKING AWFUL

that is all
    San Francisco, CA 05/15/92 07/16/06
    Mountain View, CA 07/18/92 10/02/94 10/31/00 06/01/03 10/26/03
    San Jose, CA 10/30/93 11/04/95
    Sacramento,CA 07/16/98
    Knoxville, TN 09/06/98
    Oakland, CA 11/26/13  05/12/22
    Seattle, WA 08/10/18

• mwachsmanmwachsman Posts: 474
    this band is FUCKING AWFUL

that is all

"So, you must really love Led Zeppelin. That’s the oldest shirt I’ve ever seen on someone who wasn’t a bum."
    "Hey, if God didn’t want me to wear it so much, he wouldn’t have made them rock so hard."
  • I'll hate them tomorrow.... I hate them right now... I'll hate them always...
    Oh dear dad
    Can you see me now
    I am myself
    Like you somehow
    I'll ride the wave
    Where it takes me
    I'll hold the pain
    Release me
  • i think they are terrible....
  • I've heard a few songs, and don't mind them although they are a bit middle of the road. Sounds like the singer really did go through hell with all his drug addictions. I read a live review that said they were awful, apparently the singer has a messiah complex to rival Davey Draiman and Scott Stapp!!
  • AyedavanitaAyedavanita Posts: 1,443
    OH my! Well, I hadn't planned on seeing them live. I like the songs I've heard so far. Thanks for the input.
    "You think I got my eyes closed but I'm lookin' at you the whole fuckin' time..."
  • MeddleDealMeddleDeal Posts: 2,547
    They used to play a LOT in San Marcos, Tx, while was I attending college there. We also played their music back then, which it was good at the time.

i heard the new song and all, and I don't like it. I hate to say this about a Texas band (since it is my home state) but the song was HORRIBLE!
    ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~
    ~*STONEY PONY all the WAY!*~
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~
    "For the world, not for the war"-Neil Finn
  • red mosred mos Posts: 4,953
    Blue October is from Houston where I grew up. I saw them like 3 times, and I was not really that impressed. That was before they became a national act. I saw them on like the side stage at a Buzzfest or 2. I liked one or two songs off their History for sale album but don't know if I'll see them live again. Their songs about some pretty weird and complex shit too.
    PJ: 10/14/00 06/09/03 10/4/09 11/15/13 11/16/13 10/08/14
    EV Solo: 7/11/11 11/12/12 11/13/12
  • All I know is their single/video that's out right now is a crime against music. They might be good...but I saw/heard nothing indicating that.
  • artjamartjam Posts: 227
    I sprained both wrists punching my steering wheel in anger when i heard that awful song on the radio. to each his own i guess.
  • i like the song on "foiled" that they did with imogen heap...there are a few other decent songs on the record...i think that there are people who can identify with the words in "hate me" and that once you get into that part of listening to a song, you can really appreciate where the song is coming from...when i first heard the song, i did like it, musically, but as the subject matter became more apparent to me, i grew to like the song a lot more.
    I'll dig a tunnel
    from my window to yours
    Hate Me isn't one I'm talking about. I've heard that one on the radio and it's pretty plain. There are three or four that I like that a friend sent me. I should try to hear some older stuff. Maybe I'll like it better.
  • red mosred mos Posts: 4,953
    the tracks innerglow and calling you were the ones I liked that were played on the radio. I think razorblade was also played from the history for sale album.
    PJ: 10/14/00 06/09/03 10/4/09 11/15/13 11/16/13 10/08/14
    EV Solo: 7/11/11 11/12/12 11/13/12
  • MeddleDealMeddleDeal Posts: 2,547
    OH my! Well, I hadn't planned on seeing them live. I like the songs I've heard so far. Thanks for the input.

hey Nicky!! I forgot that was you :D if this is not Nicky, i'm sorry :p:o but I was wondering where those songs from the current album?
    ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~ø~
    ~*STONEY PONY all the WAY!*~
    ~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~~*~*~
    "For the world, not for the war"-Neil Finn
    MeddleDeal wrote:
    hey Nicky!! I forgot that was you :D if this is not Nicky, i'm sorry :p:o but I was wondering where those songs from the current album?

HEY!!! Yeah I think they were. 18th Floor Balcony, Into The Ocean, Everlasting Friend. I think there are a couple more but can't remember them.
  • libragirllibragirl Posts: 4,632
    I bought their live cd "argue with a tree" it's pretty awesome...I really like them. Someone described them as middle of the road but imo that could be furtherest from the truth. I think they are kind of hard to pin down which explains why they really havent had commercial success.
    These cuts are leaving creases. Trace the scars to fit the pieces, to tell the story, you don't need to say a word.
    libragirl wrote:
    I bought their live cd "argue with a tree" it's pretty awesome...I really like them. Someone described them as middle of the road but imo that could be furtherest from the truth. I think they are kind of hard to pin down which explains why they really havent had commercial success.

Well said. I can't really explain what they sound like either but I like it.
  • libragirllibragirl Posts: 4,632
    Well said. I can't really explain what they sound like either but I like it.

me too... I think they could be easily dismissed if someone just goes by "hate me"
    These cuts are leaving creases. Trace the scars to fit the pieces, to tell the story, you don't need to say a word.