Options

Zack De La Rocha

The DarknessThe Darkness Posts: 41
edited May 2006 in Other Music
Anyone know what he's up to these days? I remember hearing a few years ago that he was working on a solo album with Trent Reznor, but that was a few years ago. Just listening to 'The Battle of Los Angeles' right now, and thinking that I miss Zack.
I've got to admit, it's getting better.
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    Every once in a while his name pops up in a article. The last one I saw, was an article about Trent Reznor. Trent said, him and zack recorded some songs together, and that trent said zack was unhappy with the way the songs turned out, and the songs wouldnt see the light of day.

I think it was trent who said, zack is very self conscious and wants to blow people away with his music, he wants to make his solo album mindblowing. Thats why its taking so long.

He recently was spotted playing guitar at some Latino gathering in LA.

And was at a pro-immigration rally in LA.

Someone spotted him at the 2004 Democratic Convention Protests as well

I think we all miss Zack, but I think he isnt ready yet to release the new cd.
  • Options
    bacchanalbacchanal Posts: 149
    Anyone know what he's up to these days? I remember hearing a few years ago that he was working on a solo album with Trent Reznor, but that was a few years ago. Just listening to 'The Battle of Los Angeles' right now, and thinking that I miss Zack.

second best band of the 90's.....wish zach would come back.. I saw rage in 1998.....amazing live!!!
  • Options
    I'm glad to hear that he's still active, just not releasing any music. That's pretty much what I thought, it's just that I never hear of him these days. I just hope that he doesn't fall into the same 'my music has to be perfect' mindset that Axl Rose, for example, is in. For the past 3-4 years, when the year began, I would wonder if this would be the year for Zacks solo album, but it never has been. It'll happen when it happens, I suppose, but I'd hate for him to fall off the radar, as I think he has a lot of important things to say.
  • Options
    Oh, JimmyOh, Jimmy Posts: 957
    He had a song on the "Song and Artist That Inspired Fahrenheit 9/11". It's pretty cool, and very Ragey. I wish more rap was like Rage, and I wish more rappers had the same outlook as de la Rocha.
  • Options
    i hear he's got like 3 albums worth of material that he is choosing not to release for god knows what communist reason...
  • Options
    enharmonicenharmonic Posts: 1,917
    ZDLR = the hip hop Axl Rose...lol
  • Options
    NothingbetterNothingbetter Wichita, KS Posts: 570
    enharmonic wrote:
    ZDLR = the hip hop Axl Rose...lol

Not really. Zach is cool. Axl isn't.
    Kansas City 6/12/03 ** Kissimmee 10/9/04 ** Atlantic City 10/1/05 ** Denver 7/2/06 ** Denver 7/3/06 ** Chicago 8/23/09 ** Chicago 8/24/09 ** Kansas City 5/3/10 ** Dallas 11/15/13 ** Oklahoma City 11/16/13 ** St. Louis 10/3/14 ** Tulsa 10/8/14 ** Chicago - Wrigley Field 8/20/16 ** Chicago - Wrigley Field 8/22/16 ** Oklahoma City 9/20/22 ** Ft. Worth 9/15/23

EV - St. Louis 7/1/11 ** Tulsa 11/19/12
  • Options
    South of SeattleSouth of Seattle West Seattle Posts: 10,724
    Oh, Jimmy wrote:
    I wish more rap was like Rage, and I wish more rappers had the same outlook as de la Rocha.

Most rappers do. You just have to turn off the radio :)
    NERDS!
  • Options
    SathogwaSathogwa Posts: 227
    Yeah, I'm kinda pissed off they broke up. If there is any time for a band like Rage to be making some noise it is right now! Fuck! Very frustrating.

This thread is giving me a Rage Against the Machine jones. I think I'll go listen to some.
    Sleep on horseback
    Far moon in a continuing dream
    Steam of roasting tea

--Basho
  • Options
    I know that Zack De La Rocha has been doing some Latin stuff lately. Pretty good too. Check out zdlr.net. They have some clips I think. And he's a nice guy.
    7/10/06
  • Options
    iwalkeiwalke Posts: 33
    I miss zack too, rage were my second favourite band. His solo effort has been put back and put back again for the last 6 years but it recently appeared on amazon.com saying "scheduled for release: 2010" i can only assume that was a joke (it'll probably be more like 2020 :P)

Anyway, he's released a few collaborations with people like chuck d, krs one and dj shadow in the last few years... all of which are pretty good, but "March of Death" with dj shadow was probably his best effort since ratm.
  • Options
    Evil Empire was one of the best albums of the 90s. Zack was for real, no one explodes like that, Revolver is a great track.
  • Options
    I thought i heard one of his solo songs a little while back. maybe it was the farenheit one i don't know. Yeah i really hope he doesn't ture Axlesque and take a decade to come out w/ new stuff.
    "Everyone is a patriot in some form or another.... i prefer the intelligent ones."

"She fell funny"

"Klaus Daimler, 40, engineer, calm, collected, German"
  • Options
    catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    Oh, Jimmy wrote:
    He had a song on the "Song and Artist That Inspired Fahrenheit 9/11". It's pretty cool, and very Ragey. I wish more rap was like Rage, and I wish more rappers had the same outlook as de la Rocha.

it was called 'we want it all'. and it was produced by trent reznor.the only thing rage about it was the vehemence behind zack's delivery.it was more kinda hip hop rap electronica thanks to reznor.
    i think that rappers these days are into what was so anathemic to all things rage against the machine- complacence, complicity and conformity.

Evil Empire was one of the best albums of the 90s. Zack was for real, no one explodes like that, Revolver is a great track

revolver is my favourite RATM song.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Options
    dCowboyPJdCowboyPJ Posts: 479
    I'm a huge Rage fan. I would do anything to see them get back together. After seeing Audioslave and seeing how tight those guys are up on stage it would of been unfuckingreal to see them live.
  • Options
    I'm a huge Rage fan. I would do anything to see them get back together. After seeing Audioslave and seeing how tight those guys are up on stage it would of been unfuckingreal to see them live.

Agreed. I wish i'd gotten to see them... still, audioslave were amazing when i saw them at the brixton academy last year.
  • Options
    caseycasey Posts: 10
    I got to see Rage live twice and they were unbelieveable live. I am not thrilled with Audioslave. I like a few of their songs but for the most part I find them boring. I haven't seen them live so I don't know how they are live but I bet they are very good.
    5/12/2006 Albany, NY
    4/29/2003 Albany, NY
    8/24/2000 Jones Beach, NY
    9/13/1998 Hartford, CT
    10/2/1996 Hartford, CT
  • Options
    GoBuckyGoBucky Posts: 198
    Not really. Zach is cool. Axl isn't.

Um...wrong!
  • Options
    evoevo Airdrie, Scotland Posts: 185
    casey wrote:
    I got to see Rage live twice and they were unbelieveable live. I am not thrilled with Audioslave. I like a few of their songs but for the most part I find them boring. I haven't seen them live so I don't know how they are live but I bet they are very good.

There is no camparison between the 2 bands live, RATM blows audioslave out the water.

Rage are easily in my top 5 live bands ever
    Hail Hail
  • Options
    huge rage fan.. would've loved to see them live... all i have are the dvds :(

i'm a big soundgarden/cornell fan too.. audioslave isn't the most incredible thing.. but they are very good live.
  • Options
    audiodaveaudiodave Posts: 1,623
    I'd love to hear what he is doing now.

He features on a track on Saul Williams' self titled album called Act III Scene II, which is a really good song.
    ~AKA Dave-of-the-dead~

I don't wanna think, I wanna feel

Dublin 23/08/06 Lisbon I 04/09/06 Lisbon II 05/09/06 Paris 11/09/06 Verona 16/09/06

London 18/06/07 Dusseldorf 21/06/07 Copenhagen 26/06/07 Nijmegen 28/06/07
  • Options
    I saw Audioslave last year. I liked it well enough, but when they played Bulls on Parade, Sleep Now in the Fire and Killing in the Name Of.....it REALLY made me miss Rage! Seriously, I'm all for Audioslave, and they seem really happy to be making music together, but the chemistry of Rage (and Soundgarden for that matter) was once in a lifetime.
  • Options
    That'd be sick if Rage got back together!!

Audioslave just isn't the same...they don't compare.
    "I Miss You Already!!!!!"

"Sorry is the fool who trades his love for high-rise rent, Seems the more you make equals the loneliness you get"

.NJD.
  • Options
    That'd be sick if Rage got back together!!

Audioslave just isn't the same...they don't compare.

I agree that they don't compare to rage... but compared to most of the stuff out there at the moment they are very good, in my opinion.
  • Options
    EchoesEchoes Posts: 1,279
    GoBucky wrote:
    Um...wrong!

he was dead correct
    printf("shiver in eternal darkness\n");
  • Options
    I saw Audioslave last year. I liked it well enough, but when they played Bulls on Parade, Sleep Now in the Fire and Killing in the Name Of.....it REALLY made me miss Rage! Seriously, I'm all for Audioslave, and they seem really happy to be making music together, but the chemistry of Rage (and Soundgarden for that matter) was once in a lifetime.

they made good music.. but rage had terrible, terrible chemistry. that's basically why they broke up.
  • Options
    redsdiseaseredsdisease Posts: 147
    they made good music.. but rage had terrible, terrible chemistry. that's basically why they broke up.
    I highly doubt that a band that lasted for the length of time that they did could have "terrible, terrible chemistry."
    Jimmy Carter has disco fever.
  • Options
    I highly doubt that a band that lasted for the length of time that they did could have "terrible, terrible chemistry."

tim even said so. he said zach could only sing songs in certain keys like F# minor and E and the rest of the band was getting bored with limiting the music.

and length of time means dick. the eagles had no chemistry and they lasted forever...rage was together for, what, 6, 7 years?
  • Options
    catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    and length of time means dick. the eagles had no chemistry and they lasted forever...rage was together for, what, 6, 7 years?

it was 10 years.
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Options
    I've been thinking about posting messages about Zack recently...glad to find a forum to do it. I remember hearing immediately after Rage broke up, Zack was working on an entire ALBUM w/ DJ Shadow, but we've only heard "March of Death" since then. "We Want It All" was good, but damn I'm itching for ANY new Zack material!