More on Cornell and Audioslave $$$$$$$$$$$$$$$

IndifferenceIndifference Posts: 2,679
edited February 2007 in Other Music

SHOW COUNT: (157) 1990's=3, 2000's=53, 2010/20's=97, US=116, CAN=15, Europe=20 ,New Zealand=2, Australia=2
Mexico=1, Colombia=1 

Upcoming:   Ohana x2  Aucklandx2, Gold Coast, Melbournex2

Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• lmao! page six makes up so much shit it really isnt funny. I'm pretty sure if that was the case audioslave wouldnt have made it past one album nevermind three.
    4-30-03
    7-06-03
    7-11-03
    9-28-04
    9-29-04
    5-13-06
    6-03-06
    6-27-08
  • Wow, these Cornell and Audioslave stories get crazier everyday.
    "Strangers passing in the street, by chance two seperate glances meet, and I am you and what I see is me."
  • larslars Posts: 524
    As great as a singer he is as big a sellout....to complete the story he should move to a mansion in florida.
    You can´t trust a vegetarian.
  • who is this 'friend' guy?

and anyone who actually listed to audioslave would realise fairly quickly that Cornell doesnt have 100% input on the songwriting. Audioslave were good, not great
  • the "friend" wasen't even named....
    The wind is blowing cold
    Have we lost our way tonight?
    Have we lost our hope to sorrow?

Feels like were all alone
    Running further from what’s right
    And there are no more heroes to follow

So what are we becoming?
    Where did we go wrong?
  • catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003
    'our favourite inside source.'

can you imagine being in a band with tim commerford, tom morello and brad wilk and having them not contribute anything to the music?
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • Haha he quit the band 'forever' :D Weird American's and their vocabulary :D
    20/04/06 ~ 23/08/06 ~ 09/09/06

14/09/06, 16/09/06, 17/09/06, 19/09/06, 20/09/06 ~ The Stone lookalike leg of the 2006 tour

18/06/07 - Amazing, just amazing

04/07/06 ~Proud to be part of the AIC Astoria Crew~

Rockin' out to Creadles
  • eyedclaareyedclaar Posts: 6,980
    That article is totally bogus. Anyone who can't tell that Morello wrote the majority of Audioslave's actual music must not have working ears. I'm surprised some people are so eager to believe the negative and obviously fabricated press that's being thrown around.
    Idaho's Premier Outdoor Writer

Please Support My Writing Habit By Purchasing A Book:

https://www.createspace.com/3437020

http://www.facebook.com/profile.php?id=100000663025696

http://earthtremors.blogspot.com/
  • my2handsmy2hands Posts: 17,117
    considering they are better musicians than he is a singer they SHOULD split evenly.

who cares, Rage was better anyway. so it is for the greater good. :D
  • PJ-SinPJ-Sin Posts: 348
    I think Chris did write most of the tunes... I think that anything Morello plays sounds like he made it up cause of his style...although Im sure he had a hand in some of it.
  • DOSWDOSW Posts: 2,014
    PJ-Sin wrote:
    I think Chris did write most of the tunes... I think that anything Morello plays sounds like he made it up cause of his style...although Im sure he had a hand in some of it.

No, Morello wrote almost all of the music to Audioslave's riff-rock anthems, which make up most of Audioslave's library. Chris even admitted that he hasn't written any riff-rock numbers since his Soundgarden days.

But songs like Doesn't Remind Me, Until We Fall, etc. reek of Chris Cornell. I highly doubt Morello wrote those.
    It's a town full of losers and I'm pulling out of here to win
  • aNiMaLaNiMaL Posts: 7,117
    His wife Vicky sounds like a helluva wife!!!
  • lars wrote:
    As great as a singer he is as big a sellout....to complete the story he should move to a mansion in florida.

Indeed he was actually a sell out when he took soundgardens sound and whored in audioslave.

But because people like me loved it so much and just really liked chris we accepted and and enjoyed it.

Ill get over this, I will get the solo and see the shows he better keep writing over the years and forget about money.

Does anyone realize he got married again, he had a bitter divorce with sgs old manager who they have a kid with. This was like a year agao.

CAN ANYONE SAY MIDLIFE CRIS '' IS
    Some people have religion I have Pearl Jam.

no more shows
  • Alot of the opions are subjective.

And the only fucking reason we are even listening to this shit is because of the way he left them. And it was the second time he left audioslave, and he split sg.
    Not to mention how much he paraded the bands healthyness last tour.
    Throw in bailling on the band after an album leaving the band to turn to dust.

They had a bussiness going on, there were alot of people involved left hanging.
    He could have quit after the tour and in their downtime.

He asked for all this shit.

And just because you dont like audislave just saying they suck its a good thing, they sold millions of records and there are no good bands writing music like that in the hardk rock genre. they had fans, that would be as silly as someone saying ohh pearl jam are still around.

no more shows
  • lars wrote:

Indeed he was actually a sell out when he took soundgardens sound and whored in audioslave.

But because people like me loved it so much and just really liked chris we accepted and and enjoyed it.

Ill get over this, I will get the solo and see the shows he better keep writing over the years and forget about money.

Does anyone realize he got married again, he had a bitter divorce with sgs old manager who they have a kid with. This was like a year agao.

no more shows
  • I'm not really hearing this "whoring Soundgarden's sound in Audioslave" thing. I mean, yeah its Cornell singing and, at times, wailing but the music itself is like watered down Soundgarden, if its similar at all. Morello's solos are weak, messy, and overall very awkward and hard on the ears and the rhythm section lacked enthusiasm since day one.

In my opinion, RATM are bigger sellouts than Cornell, if the phrase is to be thrown around.
    I share a cigarette with negativity.
  • catefrancescatefrances Posts: 29,003

of course we realise that. it was more than a year ago btw.:)

i probably paid more than a passsing interest cause his oldest girl and my youngest girl share a birthday. :)
    hear my name
    take a good look
    this could be the day
    hold my hand
    lie beside me
    i just need to say
  • ZosoZoso Posts: 6,425
    Seems like if this is true that he is more greedy than we thought.
    I'm just flying around the other side of the world to say I love you

Sha la la la i'm in love with a jersey girl

I love you forever and forever :)

Adel 03 Melb 1 03 LA 2 06 Santa Barbara 06 Gorge 1 06 Gorge 2 06 Adel 1 06 Adel 2 06 Camden 1 08 Camden 2 08 Washington DC 08 Hartford 08
  • "Meanwhile, Cornel's wife, Vicky, has surprised him with a $3 million retreat at the ultra-exclusive Fairmont Tamarack Resort in Idaho, which is owned by Andre Agassi and Stefanie Graf. The 5,000-square-foot ski lodge has five bedrooms, mountain views, floor-to-ceiling windows, outdoor Jacuzzi, and a state-of-the-art music room".

I wonder if she has a sister?
  • Majestic12 wrote:
    "Meanwhile, Cornel's wife, Vicky, has surprised him with a $3 million retreat at the ultra-exclusive Fairmont Tamarack Resort in Idaho, which is owned by Andre Agassi and Stefanie Graf. The 5,000-square-foot ski lodge has five bedrooms, mountain views, floor-to-ceiling windows, outdoor Jacuzzi, and a state-of-the-art music room".

I looked into buying property there a couple years ago. Damn, I should've now.
    NERDS!
  • pjl44pjl44 Posts: 9,214
    That is one awful moustache...
  • Majestic12 wrote:
    "Meanwhile, Cornel's wife, Vicky, has surprised him with a $3 million retreat at the ultra-exclusive Fairmont Tamarack Resort in Idaho, which is owned by Andre Agassi and Stefanie Graf. The 5,000-square-foot ski lodge has five bedrooms, mountain views, floor-to-ceiling windows, outdoor Jacuzzi, and a state-of-the-art music room".

a sister with a rock star as a hubby

it was his money, id kill my wife is she took my loot and did that.

no more shows
  • I personally hate to see Audioslave go, They weren't my favorite but, They were definitley a band I kept up with and bought the albums. The third album had some great moments and some not so great moments (when they tried to experiment with funk type riffs, those cam across as RAGE c-sdies.) In terms of who wrote the music, it's WAY obvious that Morello wrote 90% of the music. Anybody with working ears could tell that. I also agree that Cornell left the band in a bad way. Be a man and make a phone call and say hey, i'm done. The whole press release is very hollywood and not even Chris Cornell is on that level. Don't get me wrong, Chris is the reason I liked Audioslave but, lets not forget that his last solo album had little success, The Rage guys have everything to do with why he matters in the mainstream currently. I hope he doesn't think he's a solo force because that just isn't the case.
    The Official Matt Cameron appreciation signature!
  • rhcpjam1029rhcpjam1029 Posts: 1,968
    Wow, these Cornell and Audioslave stories get crazier everyday.

tell me about it! what's next? he left because he's being stalked??? I mean really...o wait...
    Beavis: All my friends are brown and red? What does that mean?
    Butthead: It means that his friends are like turds and that they like suck.
    Beavis: Heh heh. Oh yeah. Yeah! Get those spoons out of my face before I shove them up your butt!
    Butthead: Huh huh.
  • lmao! page six makes up so much shit it really isnt funny. I'm pretty sure if that was the case audioslave wouldnt have made it past one album nevermind three.
    ^^^^^^

If any of it is about money it's about Audioslave's album sales declining.
    Come on pilgrim you know he loves you..

http://www.wishlistfoundation.org

Oh my, they dropped the leash.

Morgan Freeman/Clint Eastwood 08' for President!

"Make our day"
  • I personally hate to see Audioslave go, They weren't my favorite but, They were definitley a band I kept up with and bought the albums. The third album had some great moments and some not so great moments (when they tried to experiment with funk type riffs, those cam across as RAGE c-sdies.) In terms of who wrote the music, it's WAY obvious that Morello wrote 90% of the music. Anybody with working ears could tell that. I also agree that Cornell left the band in a bad way. Be a man and make a phone call and say hey, i'm done. The whole press release is very hollywood and not even Chris Cornell is on that level. Don't get me wrong, Chris is the reason I liked Audioslave but, lets not forget that his last solo album had little success, The Rage guys have everything to do with why he matters in the mainstream currently. I hope he doesn't think he's a solo force because that just isn't the case.

Any body with working ears can tell that morrello wrote 90 percent of the music.

Did you mean riffs, becuase the bulls on parade riff exists on every album.
    Cris layed down most of that bands style. His singing kept the rythum tight. He taught those guys alot. There is no way I will ever believe tom had this creativity when in rage, or rages last 2 albums would have not been recycled riffs.

I mean if you look at thses songs

doenst remind me
    i am the highway
    moth
    shape of things to come
    revalations
    sound of a gun
    until we fall
    be yourself
    drown me slowly
    be yourself
    show me how to live
    what you are
    getaway car
    last remaining light
    cochise
    wide awake
    like a stone
    nothing left to say but goodbye
    They had 38 songs
    I just listed 18, yes they had their roles in these songs where they dualed sounds back and forth. But asside from morrellos riffs the drummer was more like matt than his old style, and the bass player accented chris really good.
    And chris had morrello playing like a blues style with a metal chord selection at times which he never did in ragee.
    Now I layed these tunes down off the cuff, morrello may get the credit for some but through chris's direction indeed.

Honestly I think brad wilk benifitted the most, I am listening to his drumwork on their websites samples and his cymbol work is light years better and he has a cleaner touch like cameron.

Maybee chris got tired of being the breadwinner, Ill take that over his original excuse. Maybee they broke his balls a lil to much and threatned to go back to zach.

I would have said fuck you too.

no more shows
  • NOCODE#1NOCODE#1 Posts: 1,477
    lmao! page six makes up so much shit it really isnt funny. I'm pretty sure if that was the case audioslave wouldnt have made it past one album nevermind three.
    its not like they were ever musically relevant

its funny how much attention is given to their breakup
    Let's not be negative now. Thumper has spoken
  • NOCODE#1 wrote:
    its not like they were ever musically relevant

its funny how much attention is given to their breakup

some of us like them, some of us are big cornell fans. Music doesnt have to make worlds collide for me.

no more shows
  • enharmonicenharmonic Posts: 1,917
    Honestly I think brad wilk benifitted the most, I am listening to his drumwork on their websites samples and his cymbol work is light years better and he has a cleaner touch like cameron.

Oh man...Wilke was the weakest link in that band. He's probably a really nice guy, and he's the man when he's rocking the blast beats in RATM, but in a rock band...totally exposed.

I've never heard him play Outshined right once. He has a pocket for hip hop drumming, but cannot come in the room with Matt's drumming or comfort with the odd time signatures. Wilke sounds like a drum machine with a bad stutter whenever he tries to play anything that needs to swing.

Greg Upchurch was much closer to a Matt Cameron style of drummer than Wilke will ever be. That is part of what killed audioslave for me...stiff, boring drumming.
  • enharmonic wrote:
    Oh man...Wilke was the weakest link in that band. He's probably a really nice guy, and he's the man when he's rocking the blast beats in RATM, but in a rock band...totally exposed.

I've never heard him play Outshined right once. He has a pocket for hip hop drumming, but cannot come in the room with Matt's drumming or comfort with the odd time signatures. Wilke sounds like a drum machine with a bad stutter whenever he tries to play anything that needs to swing.

Greg Upchurch was much closer to a Matt Cameron style of drummer than Wilke will ever be. That is part of what killed audioslave for me...stiff, boring drumming.

You are right.

I just think he developed a lil more with chris in the band. He was horrible on the first album for chris.
    I think he can walk away a better drummer than when he went in. There were songs on the second 2 albums were I felt chris leaned on him more with the writing and flow of the song and it added to the creativity in the music.

I am not a drummer Im basing it out on the constant listening of certain songs, and wilk could in no way fill matts shoes on any sg songs nor could he sit in the room with pearl jam wihtout sounding foolish.

no more shows