Saw Cornell last night

faithful2youfaithful2you Posts: 779
edited November 2007 in Other Music
Great show. Amazing voice. So glad he's doing TOTD stuff. Got Seasons and his acoustic cover of Billie Jean.

Good stuff.

Hope someone got the set list for his fansite.
Like a word misplaced...nothing said...what a waste
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• yeah whats with the MJ cover? LOL.

I would like soundgarden back but what if they get back together and they be awful?
  • fenceface wrote:
    yeah whats with the MJ cover? LOL.

I would like soundgarden back but what if they get back together and they be awful?
    Actually liked the cover of Billie Jean.
    Wanted Say Hello to Heavan and All Night Thing but oh well.
    Like a word misplaced...nothing said...what a waste
  • jamie ukjamie uk Posts: 3,812
    Lucky sod.
    I did see him with Audioslave though, and he came on with an acoustic and did Black Hole Sun, and Call me A Dog...what a treat!
    I came, I saw, I concurred.....
  • that must of been hair raising
  • The show at the Uptown last night was nothing short of spectacular. The show lasted about 2 1/2 hours, featuring selections from Soundgarden, Audioslave, Temple of the Dog, Euphoria Morning, Carry On, and a memorable finish: a improv-jam of Led Zeppelin's "Whole Lotta Love."

Cornell is in fantastic physical condition, and his vocals are top-notch. While his voice is still not as good as his Soundgarden and Temple of the Dog days, it is much better than I expected ... certainly better than "Unplugged in Sweden" displayed.

On a personal note, I could barely contain myself when he belted "Slaves and Bulldozers," my favorite Soundgarden song ... one that is rarely heard live.

I also would appreciate any setlist, pictures, bootlegs, etc.

If you get a chance to see Cornell live, I guarantee you will not regret it!
  • oktacomaoktacoma Posts: 335
    I saw Chris last night in Tulsa and he kicked ass!! I was very impressed, not only with an amazing setlist but with the length and energy of the show. He played for over 2 1/2 hours!! Highlights for me were Outshined, Slaves and Bulldozers, Cochise, Wide Awake, and Seasons. Great show!
  • oktacoma wrote:
    I saw Chris last night in Tulsa and he kicked ass!! I was very impressed, not only with an amazing setlist but with the length and energy of the show. He played for over 2 1/2 hours!! Highlights for me were Outshined, Slaves and Bulldozers, Cochise, Wide Awake, and Seasons. Great show!

I was there and I wish I had the setlist, better a boot. It was really really good, and hearing Temple was a big bonus.

Just fantastic and I am a bigger fan now than I was ever before.
    HOB 10.05.2005, E Rutherford 06.03.2006, The Gorge 07.22.2006, Lolla 08.05.2007, West Palm 06.11.2008, Tampa 06.12.2008, Columbia 06.16.2008, EV Memphis 06.20.2009, New Orleans 05.01.2010, Kansas City 05.03.2010