For those of you that have seen Chris Cornell...

faithful2youfaithful2you Posts: 779
edited November 2007 in Other Music
I know this may not be the right forum but I thought I'd get a better response here.

Has anyone seen Cornell in the last month or two?

I have a delema. He is playing around here Friday. Is he having anyone open for him? I'm wondering when he takes the stage.

1. it says the doors open at 7 and show starts at 8.
2. My wife has to work until 7:30 or so
3. My only babysitter is in the Iowa State band and has to leave for the ISU-Kansas game friday night.

Need to know if I'd be good if I didn't get there until 8:30 or so?

Damn I want t see him.

PS......I can't find any set lists online. What's he been playing? Any Sunshower????

Thanks for any info!
Like a word misplaced...nothing said...what a waste
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• -

"In your case, I'll check my brain at the door and we'll start even, okay?"

Have you thanked a taper today?
  • lowlight10 wrote:
    WTF? I searched everything and never found this site....thanks!

.........but, anyone know when he has been taking the stage?

Thanks again.
  • FahkaFahka Posts: 3,187
    GO SEE HIM! He is great, and is known to bust out some cool shit. It would be well worth it.

Juliette Lewis and the licks opened for him when i saw him in jersey (they are god awful btw)

but yeah... do it... if the show starts at 8, i would go anyways , even if you miss a couple of songs its worth trying to get there and see SOMETHING.

(ps he did play sunshower at the show i went to, also say hello to heaven, seasons and a bunch of other great tunes)
  • GO SEE HIM! He is great, and is known to bust out some cool shit. It would be well worth it.

Juliette Lewis and the licks opened for him when i saw him in jersey (they are god awful btw)

but yeah... do it... if the show starts at 8, i would go anyways , even if you miss a couple of songs its worth trying to get there and see SOMETHING.

(ps he did play sunshower at the show i went to, also say hello to heaven, seasons and a bunch of other great tunes)

done deal...I'm going. I've always like Chris.
  • StellaStella Posts: 283
    yay yeh go for sure. saw him support linkin park , he came on round 7.45 i think and played for just over an hour (which is good for support), but i got no sunshower :(, actually only got one chris song, the rest were audioslave and soundgarden
    I have no signature
  • WTF? I searched everything and never found this site....thanks!

.........but, anyone know when he has been taking the stage?

Thanks again.

Here in Fort Lauderdale doors opened at 8:00pm the opening band didnt take the stage until like 9:00pm and then Chris took the stage like around 10:00pm and he played until like 12:30... the show was outta this world! He sang a little bit of everything, his solo stuff, TOTD, Soundgarden, Audioslave, some covers, the concert was one of the best I have been to in a long time!!
    "Without the album covers, where do you clean your pot?" - EV
  • NoelMichaelNoelMichael Posts: 1,630
    i just saw him friday night in allentown... doors were at 7, opening band sucked (drummer rocked though), he came on at 9:15 and played straight til almost 12 without any breaks. absolutely incredible show, you gotta go
    9-28-96 Randall’s Island NY; 9-01-00 Camden NJ; 7-05-03 Camden NJ; 10-01-04 Reading PA; 10-03-05 Philly PA; 5-27-06 Camden NJ; 5-28-06 Camden NJ; 6-19-08 Camden NJ; 6-20-08 Camden NJ; 6-24-08 NYC NY; 8-7-08 EV Newark, NJ; 6-11-09 EV Philly PA; 6-12-09 EV Philly PA; 10-27-09 Philly PA; 10-28-09 Philly PA; 10-30-09 Philly PA; 10-31-09 Philly PA; 5-15-10 Hartford CT; 5-18-10 Newark NJ; 5-21-10 NYC NY; 6-21-11 EV NYC NY; 6-22-11 EV NYC NY; 6-25-11 EV Philly PA; 7-1-11 EV StL MS; 9-3-11 E Troy WI; 9-4-11 E Troy WI
  • RedlegsRedlegs Posts: 160
    I'll be seeing him in Columbus tomorrow. Anybody else going?
  • dharma69dharma69 Posts: 1,275
    I've only seen him 3 times this year....not enough.

I'm so hopeful that he'll do another round of tour dates....the man is simply in top form.
    "I'm here to see Pearl Jam."- Bono

...signed...the token black Pearl Jam fan.

FaceSpace
  • cornell at the val air?? hell yes... you can miss it. you should recruit another babysitter for sure. i am hoping to hear "seasons"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    Council Bluffs '03
    Gorge 1
    Gorge 2 '06
  • Just bought tickets. Can't wait.....Friday night!
  • cornell at the val air?? hell yes... you can miss it. you should recruit another babysitter for sure. i am hoping to hear "seasons"!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

See you there. :):):)
  • I saw him last month and I loved it.
  • I saw Chris on Friday night in Allentown, PA. Not sure if anyone opened for him, but I doubt it.

He went on stage right around 9:30. Saw him at the Borgata back in August and had a great time, better than the Allentown show.
    Okay... seatbelts. Just put the little thing into the big thing and... I tell ya what. If you don't know how to fasten your seatbelt, just raise your hand and I'll have Tommy Boy here come back there and hit you in the head with a tack hammer because you're a RETARD.
  • I take back all the shit I said about him the last few months after I was treated to his show here in Portland... When his house band cuts loose it's pretty good rock and roll... plus hearing a bunch of TOTD songs was great.

Just get to the show...
    10.31.93 / 10.1.94 / 6.24.95 / 11.4.95 / 10.19-20.96 / 7.16.98 / 7.21.98 / 10.31.00 /8.4.01 Nader Rally/ 10.21.01 / 12.8-9.02 / 6.01.03 / 9.1.05 / 7.15-16,18.06 / 7.20.06 / 7.22-23.06 / Lolla 07
  • a5pja5pj Posts: 3,882
    i was at allentown as well. show rocked, took the stage at 915 as was said before and played till almost 12.

his band is awesome as well.

go, even if you can only catch 2 songs it's worth it!
    Wouldn't it be funny if the world ended in 2010, with lots of fire?

• Given to...Given to... Posts: 4,989
    Got to see an awesome show from him in Salt Lake City. First time ever for me to see him in any incarnation. Absolutely awesome. Real small venue and the power went out while he was doing his acoustic solos, the only lights were the emergency exit signs and cell phones until the crew got the flashlights up. Even tried to quiet down the crowd and continue his set in a REAL acoustic setting but the drunks wouldnt shut up. The guys then went on to use flashlights as strobes while they beat up the drums....
    Incredible.
    "...would you like some forks?" EV 12-02-06
  • I saw Cornell in April and it was a damn good show. Busted out a lot of shit from back in the day -- Soundgarden, Temple of the Dog, etc.

Best part for me, however, was the 3-4 song solo acoustic set right in the middle. Black Hole Sun, Redemption Song, a Zeppelin tune ... it was great.

I know there have been complaints about Cornell blowing out his voice in Audioslave, but he was in fine form that night. Of course, this was months ago, so who knows?
    everybody wants the most they can possibly get
    for the least they could possibly do
  • The problem is that I'm assuming these are mostly GA venues, the one here in Denver is anyway. You got to get there early and suffer through the opening band to get a good spot. Then inevitably I've had like a 6 cocktails by the time Chris comes on and I have to go to the head and when I come back I almost get in fights because the other assholes in the crowd think you're trying to snake a good spot just showing up at the last minute. This happened to me at the last Audioslave show. Some jackass was giving me a hard time and I finally just said. "Dude, I've been here since the doors opened. Fuck off!" Pretty funny, my wife was begging me not to get in a fight and thrown out of the place or arrested. I guess I need a catheter. Nevertheless I'll be at the Denver show next Tuesday. I'll be the guy getting in a fight trying to get back to where my wife is standing so say hello if you see me.
    one foot in the door
    the other foot in the gutter
    sweet smell that they adore
    I think I'd rather smother
    -The Replacements-
  • yahamitayahamita Posts: 1,514
    I was drunk, high, and fucked up at the show..I have NO idea what time it started, but it was a kick ass show in Portland!

http://s111.photobucket.com/albums/n123/yahamita/?action=view&current=MeTheBand.jpg
    I knew all the rules, but the rules did not know me...GUARANTEED!

Hail Hail HIPPIEMOM

Wishlist Foundation-
    http://www.wishlistfoundation.org
    info@wishlistfoundation.org
  • yahamita wrote:
    I was drunk, high, and fucked up at the show..I have NO idea what time it started, but it was a kick ass show in Portland!

http://s111.photobucket.com/albums/n123/yahamita/?action=view&current=MeTheBand.jpg

awesome pic!!
    Love your hat and your T...

What on earth is going in with Chris' hair lately?? Gee it looked super weird when he was here in Fort Lauderdale too. :S
    "Without the album covers, where do you clean your pot?" - EV
  • yahamita wrote:

HEY! Great pic. I met you and your son at the Vegas pre-show and saw you after the show when the dudes from Seattle were talking to you and your kid. What show is the pic from. Damn I can't wait until Friday now.