Options

the sound you make is muzak to my ears...

El_KabongEl_Kabong Posts: 4,141
edited May 2006 in Other Music
listening to revolver now (have everything from help! to let it be...naked) and does anyone else find themselves skipping past the majority of paul's songs?
standin above the crowd
he had a voice that was strong and loud and
i swallowed his facade cos i'm so
eager to identify with
someone above the crowd
someone who seemed to feel the same
someone prepared to lead the way
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• Options
    simpson,ay?simpson,ay? Posts: 45
    El_Kabong wrote:
    listening to revolver now (have everything from help! to let it be...naked) and does anyone else find themselves skipping past the majority of paul's songs?

love the lennon solo reference first of all...and i pretty much always find myself skipping past most of paul's songs

i mean...the melody's great, but lennon's lyrics are just too great to wait through some crappy mccartney song for.

and, speaking of revolver, im only sleeping is probably one of the greatest songs ever.
  • Options
    FinsburyParkCarrotsFinsburyParkCarrots Seattle, WA Posts: 12,223
    Um, I think Paul contributed well to Revolver (Here, There and Everywhere, For No One and Got To Get You Into My Life are brilliant songs). However, I think his music started to get very twee around the time he started appearing on this TV show called "Thingumybob". He got in with the Black Dyke Mills Band, whose 1920s dance hall sound was novel enough when used sparingly, but Paul started to infest Beatles albums with twee pastiches such as "Your Mother Should Know", "Martha My Dear" (a song for his dog), and "Honey Pie". Paul seemed to fall in love with Tin Pan Alley and many of his songs became very lightweight as a result.

Having said that, I think Paul's solo output from 1970 to 1980 was, on the whole, better than John's. John really started writing some shite after about 1972.