I went to see Meat Loaf last night

||Release_Me||||Release_Me|| Posts: 1,871
edited May 2007 in Other Music
My dad is the big fan, but he wanted me to go along with him, and i like one or two songs so i thought it'd be fun! The thought of being in a big crowd was the most exciting thing though, i love the live atmosphere.

I have to admit, he just kicked ass on a couple of songs, but the crowd was pretty much non-existant! Even when he played Bat Out Of Hell, everyone in the stands stayed sat down and only about a third of the floor was stood up showing enthusiasm.

Obviously the age range compared to PJ was a little different, but it just got me so pumped to be in a Pearl Jam crowd again where everyone in the entire arena is going nuts and having a party!

The MEN holds about 19,000 for a concert, and all night there must've been about 3,000 rocking out. That's nothing bad against Meat Loaf because he was really entertaining.

Bring on PJ!
"This town deserves a better class of criminal... and I'm gonna give it to them."

Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• red mosred mos Posts: 4,953
    cool. I'm glad it was a good show and you had a great time. Also, you got another band to add to your concert list (that's how I look at shows cause I go to so many). Going to other shows, does also remind us how great the pj crowds are. I mean all fan bases are into it in their own way, but you are right: the pj crowds just have something special that can't be explained unless you're there.
    PJ: 10/14/00 06/09/03 10/4/09 11/15/13 11/16/13 10/08/14
    EV Solo: 7/11/11 11/12/12 11/13/12
  • zircona1zircona1 Posts: 293
    My parents are big fans and we went as a family to see him when he toured for Bat Out of Hell II back in '93 or '94. It was a cool show, he and the band sounded really good.

But then, my folks saw him again a couple of years ago and they were really disappointed, they said he kept leaving the stage and he let the audience sing the songs for too long (this is something my Mom hates).
    "As long as the music's loud enough, we won't hear the world falling apart."—Jubilee

"I'm not a very good American because I like to form my own opinions." - George Carlin