The One Band That Really Needs to Re-Unite...

CosmoCosmo Posts: 12,225
edited July 2007 in Other Music
The One Band that really needs to run a Re-Union Tour...
Pink Floyd
They are all still alive (save Syd, but Syd wasn't in the band since the 'Saucer Full of Secrets' Days) and can still perform a live program. Now, I love Led Zeppelin... but, Bonzo is gone and Jimmy can't play anymore. But Floyd is still around... just currently dismantled. They are capable of selling out Stadiums... bonafide Stadiums like the Rose Bowl. They don't even have to come up with new material... just do alternate shows... 'Dark Side of the Moon/Wish You Were Here'... 'Animals' (plus hits and others)... 'The Wall'. Book a week at Wembley, Giants Stadium, The Rose Bowl, then disappear. One tour... one last tour. They could make a ton of cash and we'd... well... I'd be happy.
Allen Fieldhouse, home of the 2008 NCAA men's Basketball Champions! Go Jayhawks!
Hail, Hail!!!
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• A-FUCKIN-MEN

Would love to see Floyd like some ppl got to see at Live 8 in whichever Euro country they were in; I think London?

I've seen The Machine and the Australian cover band that performs the lightshow....can never get enough Floyd in my life.
    2005: Borgata 2, Philly
    2006: Camden 1&2, East Ruth 1&2
    2008: BONNAROO, MSG1, MSG2, Hartford
    2009: Philly 1, 2, 4
    2010: Hartford, MSG1, MSG2
    2012: Made in America
    2013: BK1, BK2, Hartford
    2015: Global Citizens
    2016: MSG 2 (ISO MSG1)
    EV Solo: NJPAC 2008; Tower Theatre, PA 2009; Hartford 2011
  • keeponrockinkeeponrockin Posts: 7,446
    I'd pay whatever it costs to see this.

Funny though, I thought the Australian Pink Floyd Show was better than Roger Waters musically.
    Believe me, when I was growin up, I thought the worst thing you could turn out to be was normal, So I say freaks in the most complementary way. Here's a song by a fellow freak - E.V
  • Would kill to see pink floyd re union show!!! On a english rock radio station planet rock mark jeeves has rumoured a one off zepellin show to happen by the end of the year, The Who are still doing it and they are possibly at their best right now so pink floyd would still be clearly amazing as roger waters and dave gilmour are still touring and writing.
  • normnorm Posts: 31,146
    Cosmo wrote:
    Pink Floyd
    They are all still alive (save Syd, but Syd wasn't in the band since the 'Saucer Full of Secrets' Days) and can still perform a live program. Now, I love Led Zeppelin... but, Bonzo is gone and Jimmy can't play anymore. But Floyd is still around... just currently dismantled. They are capable of selling out Stadiums... bonafide Stadiums like the Rose Bowl. They don't even have to come up with new material... just do alternate shows... 'Dark Side of the Moon/Wish You Were Here'... 'Animals' (plus hits and others)... 'The Wall'. Book a week at Wembley, Giants Stadium, The Rose Bowl, then disappear. One tour... one last tour. They could make a ton of cash and we'd... well... I'd be happy.

+1
  • parel jamparel jam Posts: 7,223
    Cosmo wrote:
    Pink Floyd
    I'd be happy too :)
    ♪♫♪♫♫

http://youtube.com/watch?v=U_-WGNRyRzU

♪♫♪♫♫
  • The VacantThe Vacant Posts: 271
    Only if the setlist looked like this:

Set 1:
    Speak To Me -> Breathe -> Time -> Breathe Reprise
    Mother
    Shine On You Crazy Diamond pts I - V
    Fat Old Sun
    Sheep
    Astronomie Domine
    Brain Damage -> Eclipse

Set 2:
    One of These Days
    Money
    Set The Controls For The Heart of The Sun
    Echoes
    Comfortably Numb
    Fearless
    Wish You Were Here
    Shine On You Crazy Diamond pts VI - IX

encore:
    Hey You
    Careful With That Axe, Eugene

That woud be worth the outrageous prices tickets woud cost.