Kid Rock

stateoflove79stateoflove79 Posts: 2,845
edited November 2007 in Other Music
When this guy actually sings...he's got a damn good voice. I am currently listening to "Cold And Empty" and he's also got some pretty powerful lyrics...I wish he would tone down the white trash persona in his music, but overall, he's a pretty damn good musician. Thoughts?
Is it so wrong to think that love can keep us safe?
Post edited by Unknown User on

Comments

• soulsingingsoulsinging Posts: 13,202
    i like him. though oddly, i'm the opposite. i hate when he does the country singing thing. i like it better when he's doing the raps and the attitude. or when he's singing a la 'only god knows why.' lately when he sings, it's like hearing toby keith and i don't like it.
  • i like him. though oddly, i'm the opposite. i hate when he does the country singing thing. i like it better when he's doing the raps and the attitude. or when he's singing a la 'only god knows why.' lately when he sings, it's like hearing toby keith and i don't like it.

Seen him three times live, not really a fan but have gone to give myself an excuse for a wild weekend, my buddy worships the dude. I think his new album is damn good though, worth a listen for sure
    All I have to do is revel in the everyday....then do it again tomorrow

They say every sin is deadly but I believe they may be wrong...I'm guilty of all seven and I don't feel too bad at all
  • Seen him three times live, not really a fan but have gone to give myself an excuse for a wild weekend, my buddy worships the dude. I think his new album is damn good though, worth a listen for sure

Yeah, I am really liking the new album too.
  • I did worship his music...when it was good. Unfortunately his newest album is garbage. To me I feel he didn't even try to branch out with anything interesting or new. Their is a lot of "borrowed" material used and not enough ROCK. He boasted that he was making a legendary rock and roll album and obviously he fell far short of that goal. The only Kid Rock album I dislike and never will own.
  • smarcheesmarchee Posts: 14,539
    I dislike his music.

Living this close to Detroit, and its radio stations who play his music like he is a God, drive me nuts
    1998 ~ Barrie
    2003 ~ Toronto
    2005 ~ London, Toronto
    2006 ~ Toronto
    2008 ~ Hartford, Mansfied I,
    2009 ~ Toronto, Chicago I, Chicago II
    2010 ~ Cleveland, Buffalo
    2011 ~ Toronto I, Toronto II, Ottawa, Hamilton
    2013 - London, Pittsburgh, Buffalo
    2014 - Detroit
    2019 - Chicago X 2
  • lksammktlksammkt Posts: 127
    I wasn't a fan at first - but was exposed to his music. He is talented and can hit many different audiences.
    I hope they won't take away my PJ Fan Club membership for this comment. I feel bad for even admitting it .
    I just keep moving on....
  • lksammkt wrote:
    I wasn't a fan at first - but was exposed to his music. He is talented and can hit many different audiences.
    I hope they won't take away my PJ Fan Club membership for this comment. I feel bad for even admitting it .

You are right though...he is very diverse.
  • SENROCKSENROCK Posts: 10,736
    YAY!!!! a KID ROCK thread!!!!! :D i am a pretty big fan of his (hence my name...) Rock n Roll Jesus is a damn good disc. The man has great talent & can pull off many different kinds of music. I never got why people think he's fake or a poser or not good enough. Apart from all his talent, he is a really good down to earth guy. I enjoy his voice alot when he sings, especially on 'picture' and some of the new stuff. I LOVE THE MAN!!!!
    ~~~~~~ALWAYS HAVE A GOOD TIME~~~~~~
    Sir Mike McCready is....THE MASTER!!! WAHHH!!!
    EVENFLOW PSYCHOS H.N.I.C~FEEL THE FLOW!!!

"Pearl Jam fans are obsessed, they'd see the boys in HELL if tickets were sold."-CROJAM95

It takes balls to put out a UKE album!